Good To Go announced today. Kind of underwhelming. Not sure exactly what I was expecting as an AP holder, but I thought it would be more than 2 days per week during a slower time period like mid to late January. That doesn't really bode well for days during busier holiday and spring time periods....

Good To Go announced today. Kind of underwhelming. Not sure exactly what I was expecting as an AP holder, but I thought it would be more than 2 days per week during a slower time period like mid to late January. That doesn't really bode well for days during busier holiday and spring time periods....
Underwhelming isn't the right word. Ridiculous is more like it. Is there any rhyme or reason behind choosing those particular days? This adds yet another layer of confusion for the average park goer. APs likely know more than the average, but who wants to have to deal with this?

For now, we'll continue doing what we've been doing, and take our best shot at park reservations every day for upcoming trips. If we manage a good-to-go day, so be it. But it's more like a no-change for us than it is a dramatic change. I guess we'll get back to normal park entry at some point.

For now, we'll continue doing what we've been doing, and take our best shot at park reservations every day for upcoming trips. If we manage a good-to-go day, so be it. But it's more like a no-change for us than it is a dramatic change. I guess we'll get back to normal park entry at some point.
That's what we'll be doing as well. It's not like we can't change our reservations on the morning of pretty much any day (not counting the holiday season) anyway.

Underwhelming isn't the right word. Ridiculous is more like it. Is there any rhyme or reason behind choosing those particular days? This adds yet another layer of confusion for the average park goer. APs likely know more than the average, but who wants to have to deal with this?
agree with ridiculous...5 days in January and one in Feb.....what a major let down

Really, this issue all has to do with G+ vs FP+. With FP+, APs were allowed 5 or 3(?) days of FP+ reservations without a resort stay. This in essence told Disney when that AP was going to go. It wasn't a reservation, but it was an attendance indication. It is annoying to say the least.

Same… I mean we don’t have those crazy no show rules like magic keys so why not
agree with ridiculous...5 days in January and one in Feb.....what a major let down
Right now it’s just week of 1/13 to week of 1/27 hence why only one February day it will be a rolling calendar so more February days should be added
Really, this issue all has to do with G+ vs FP+. With FP+, APs were allowed 5 or 3(?) days of FP+ reservations without a resort stay. This in essence told Disney when that AP was going to go. It wasn't a reservation, but it was an attendance indication. It is annoying to say the least.
I fully believe this is the method to their madness… since APs can’t pre book rides for those 3-5 days not tied to resort stays let’s have them make reservations then again APs staying on site don’t get free reign and still need to abide by reservations/good to go protocols

then again APs staying on site don’t get free reign and still need to abide by reservations/good to go protocols
This is the one piece that I can't figure out. You've got to assume most APs are going to go to the parks when staying on site, so I don't get the reservation requirement at that point. Wondering if it was an IT / tech issue with all the different variables.

The good to go days honestly are a joke. Im not an AP, but what's the point of adding good to go days if youre only going to add 6 days?
I see these as days Disney is specifically looking to boost AP attendance, most likely they are projected to be very slow when looking at general ticket purchases. If Disney can guide some of the local AP attendance toward the slower days it helps keep staffing levels down other days. If the days are not few, APs won’t care and Disney won’t see the small pop in attendance they are after.

So even if it's not a GtG day, and make a ressy for a starter park, I could still hop before 2pm. I have a Pixie Dust (Weekday Select).

So even if it's not a GtG day, and make a ressy for a starter park, I could still hop before 2pm. I have a Pixie Dust (Weekday Select).
Yes. There is no time limit on park hopping for anyone that is eligible for hopping, including APs. You do however need to go to the reserved park first, before hopping.

I took a peek at the good to go days and it seemed pointless. So good to know that I won't need a park reservation on a day when I could have already grabbed a last minute reservation right before leaving for the parks.

I agree that it probably helps boost attendance in a similar way that those starred days that didn't count against the number of reservations. You see that star, you book that park.

I have park reservations for 2 of the announced Good to Go days. The reservations are still listed in My Plans, but on the web page, there is a note with a green check mark that says
"Your entire planning party no longer needs a reservation to enter this park on the reservation date."

I don't see the same message on MDE app, but I haven't done a force restart yet to see if there will be a similar note.

It just doesn’t make any sense. If I have to log in/go to the website to look and see if a day I want to go is “good to go” it would have been just as easy to make a reservation. I hope they at least get rid of this requirement for on site reservations. Just ridiculous.

So if I'm an AP staying with my DVC points, I still have to make park reservations during my stay dates. So "good to go" doesn't do me any good. But then again, only APs have to make park reservations now, so wouldn't they all be open anyway, capacity closures notwithstanding?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter