Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We just booked the Dolphin on Priceline at a great rate for spring break. It was not an Express Deal, but a regular booking with a "VIP Sale". The confirmation says that the room type will be assigned at check-in. I am expecting a less than stellar view, but we will basically only be sleeping in the room. Has anyone booked this type of Priceline special for a stay at the Dolphin? What type of room/view did you wind up with? We are Bonvoy Gold. Will this benefit us at all? TIA

Technically, you aren’t supposed to qualify for any of the Gold perks if you book through a third party, so you won’t earn points and the nights won’t count toward elite status. You also won’t get late checkout or a guaranteed upgrade. Still, they could pixie dust you anyway!

I just got alert that I can check in with Bon voy app. Is there any benefit in checking in now or should I wait til I get to resort ? Also I notice my deposit does not show online just shows the full price. If I check in now will my card be billed ?TIA

For those who have had difficulties linking a Swan/Dolphin reservation to MDE, I may have come up with a possible solution, which has worked for me.

A Swan reservation, booked with points through the Marriott site, was just not linking to MDE. In the Marriott site, I opened the Swan reservation, which was listed under My Trips, selected VIEW/MODIFY, and then Guest Information. In the "First name" box, I added my middle initial (which is how my name is noted in the MDE profile), and then submitted. The middle initial was added to my Swan booking yesterday, and I was able to link that Swan reservation to MDE today, after weeks of not being able to do so.

I suggest checking to make sure that your Swan or Dolphin reservation's guest name exactly matches to your MDE profile's name, including middle initial.

There are no guarantees that this fix will work for everyone, but it certainly worked for me.

I just got alert that I can check in with Bon voy app. Is there any benefit in checking in now or should I wait til I get to resort ? Also I notice my deposit does not show online just shows the full price. If I check in now will my card be billed ?TIA

I can’t answer the billing question but I always mobile check in on the Marriott app as they have your keys and everything all ready when you check in and you don’t have to wait in the regular check in line. They have a separate line for mobile check in and Marriott Bonvoy members.

I generally check-in with my app if its offered. Usually a day or 2 before you will get an option to let them know your arrival time, that's helpful as it increases your chance to get into your room. The possible downside to advance checking in is getting any upgrades, but as a Bonvoy member that might already happen. You shouldn't see any hit on your credit card until you check in, though you may see a soft hit a couple days before.

For the first time that I can recall, I received an emailed "Advance Deposit Receipt" for a one night stay at the Dolphin. It is an attachment that looks like the usual guest folio.

@shoreward that's interesting, in all my trips with Sheraton/Marriott hotels I've never received something like that. Did they actually charge your card or just give you a pending charge?

@shoreward that's interesting, in all my trips with Sheraton/Marriott hotels I've never received something like that. Did they actually charge your card or just give you a pending charge?
My Amex card was charged today, for reservation made online yesterday. Amex lists the charge as "pending." The reservation was not for a non-refundable rate.

@shoreward yeah that's a soft hit (at least what I call it) my way of looking at it is they are 'reserving' space on your CC. When is the trip?

@shoreward yeah that's a soft hit (at least what I call it) my way of looking at it is they are 'reserving' space on your CC. When is the trip?

I'll check my Amex account a couple of days from now, to see if the "pending" flips to an actual charge.
The room is booked for a couple of months from now. The date is one of those where the points booking would be 60,000 points, which is way overpriced, compared to the cash price for the date.

My Amex card was charged today, for reservation made online yesterday. Amex lists the charge as "pending." The reservation was not for a non-refundable rate.

I vaguely remember them charging a one night refundable deposit for the Swan and Dolphin. Our past two visits were at the advance purchase rate so it was a couple of years ago.

I vaguely remember them charging a one night refundable deposit for the Swan and Dolphin. Our past two visits were at the advance purchase rate so it was a couple of years ago.

I've been travelling on points only the past 1-2 years, but prior to that the Swan and Dolphin always required a one night refundable deposit. Not sure if its still the current policy.

I've been travelling on points only the past 1-2 years, but prior to that the Swan and Dolphin always required a one night refundable deposit. Not sure if its still the current policy.

Yes, still the policy. I had numerous deposits and refunds as I rebooked from Dolphin to Swan and then between rooms at Swan to take advantage of better rates for our just-completed trip.

thx

When I call that number, it transfers me to the Sheraton line (and they weren't helpful). When I asked about suites, she just read me what she could read on the screen. She obviously knew nothing about the resort. The second time I called I pushed zero for Guest Services and asked for 'in house reservations for the Swan' but she transferred me to the same general Sheraton number.

I must be doing something wrong. People here recommend asking for someone named Abby -- how do I get ahold of her?

Hi. Yes. That was me. Sorry I am so late seeing this. I’ve not been online much lately due to family related health situations.

I called 407-934-4000 pushed 1 for reservations and got Abby. They work shifts, so she’s not always there. My assumption is that she is onsite, but I could be wrong. It didn’t matter to me because she was very knowledgeable regarding the resort as a whole, and describing different room layouts.

Here is link showing 360° views of the various room set ups in both the swan and dolphin.

http://iceportal.com/brochures/ice/brochure.aspx?brochureid=62246&did=2358&design=5
Albeit it late, I hope this helps somewhat.

Tried searching but didn't see this and hope someone may know :)

I have a PPO breakfast for Garden Grill-Epcot. Generally we walk or boat to over but since it is near the main entrance is the bus or Uber our best best? Not sure how far the walk would be from IG to there? Is it even open at this time?

I have a PPO breakfast for Garden Grill-Epcot. Generally we walk or boat to over but since it is near the main entrance is the bus or Uber our best best? Not sure how far the walk would be from IG to there? Is it even open at this time?
There is no bus from S/D to Epcot. IG opens at same time as the 'front' entrance. Both entrances are equipped for before park opening meal entry.

Trying to minimize that much walking and time - can we take to boat directly to the Canada launch? Maybe just easier to Uber :)

There is a bus from DHS to the front entrance of EPCOT. You could take the FriendShip boat to DHS, then catch a bus to EPCOT. However, the walk from the boat dock to the buses is probably only about 5-7 minutes shorter than the walk from the IG to the Garden Grill. At a comfortable walking pace, I would figure about a 15 minute walk from the IG to Garden Grill. Of course, you may have to wait for a boat and bus, so the total time will likely be longer.

If you truly want to minimize walking, I think Uber or Lyft will be your best bet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter