Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Java doesn’t have an online menu, it is just pre-made sandwiches and salads to go? QS all closing by 8 pm is rough.

Rumor has it that MVMCP won't be held this year. I may bump my Dec. 13-18 at the Swan until spring for Flower & Garden. Hate to miss the Christmas decorations, but maybe next year.

Hello. We are new to The Swan and are hoping to go in October to preview as we have a family vacation there in December. Has anyone ever stayed in a two bedroom balcony Grand Suite. I am quite curious as it looks nice. However, they do not make any guarantee on configuration because it's assigned by the check- in date inventory. Spending that kind of money, I thought it might be a good idea to ask here, so I have some idea as to what kind of shower the bathrooms have, what floors for these suites, and in general what the views might be? Thank you to anyone who can help us out.

Java doesn’t have an online menu, it is just pre-made sandwiches and salads to go? QS all closing by 8 pm is rough.
This is their normal selection, but not sure if this menu is offered under the current conditions:

https://allears.net/dining/menu/java-bar/all-day/
From Swan/Dolphin website: https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/java/index.html

When I have visited, I've found the sandwiches and salads to be very good, as is the bakery - much better quality than what's offered at Disney's QS at Epcot resorts. Some sandwiches were pre-made, but they also made them fresh, upon request. Again, under the current conditions, the made-to-order option may not be available.

With the fridge in the guest room, you could always pick up something early in the day and place it in the room refrigerator for that night.

Another QS option is the Boardwalk Bakery on the Boardwalk - about a 5-10 minute walk from the Swan's back door. It's open till 9:00 PM (shortened hours). They usually have lots of bakery options, but very limited, otherwise.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/boardwalk-bakery/menus/lunch-and-dinner/

Last edited:
This is their normal selection, but not sure if this menu is offered under the current conditions:

https://allears.net/dining/menu/java-bar/all-day/
From Swan/Dolphin website: https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/java/index.html

When I have visited, I've found the sandwiches and salads to be very good, as is the bakery - much better quality than what's offered at Disney's QS at Epcot resorts. Some sandwiches were pre-made, but they also made them fresh, upon request. Again, under the current conditions, the made-to-order option may not be available.

With the fridge in the guest room, you could always pick up something early in the day and place it in the room refrigerator for that night.
That menu looks great. There’s currently no menu posted on the Swan website or app so I guess we’ll find out what’s actually available now when we check in!

I couldn't resist the great AP discount and canceled my 1 night Pop reservation for this weekend and booked a night at the Swan instead. Even after resort and parking fee, it's basically the same rate!

We're just going for another mini staycation and Swan is a favorite of ours. I'll be there early on Saturday (DH has a morning tee time) so am happy to wander around and check anything out if someone has any questions.

We are booked for Dolphin in late September but if the boats don't open we may cancel and move to CBR.
It was our plan to take boat to WS or the skyway for HS, since we wanted to spend the most time at these two parks.
It is a long walk to Epcot WS gate or HS from Dolphin and it seems pointless to take a bus to the front of Epcot just to walk all the way back to WS.

I look foward to updates from people staying now that area is starting to open up again.

Has anyone ever stayed in a two bedroom balcony Grand Suite.
Welcome! I'm not sure if you hit up the search, so until somebody replies here are some past threads about the Grand Suite that might help you. I think @shoreward has stayed in one before.

We are booked for Dolphin in late September but if the boats don't open we may cancel and move to CBR.
I can't say I blame you, doesn't make sense to me. Even more that they are not using WDW buses for the transportation. Time will tell.

Welcome! I'm not sure if you hit up the search, so until somebody replies here are some past threads about the Grand Suite that might help you. I think @shoreward has stayed in one before.

Steve - you either have a great memory or are good at doing searches. :)

Yes, a couple of years ago, I was given an upgrade to a Grand Suite at the Swan. I did not know why, as I only had Gold status, but I certainly did not question it!

My suite was one that did not have any balconies; some do, while others don't. I don't recall what floor it was on, but it had a resort view, facing the Dolphin. The suite had a parlor, which was huge, and included a queen-size sleeper sofa. The adjoining bedroom was a queen/queen with a tub/shower combo. There was a small kitchenette with a wet bar, very large closet, and a full bathroom with, I think, a walk-in shower, off of the parlor. I did not have a king bedroom, so I can't speak to the bathroom, but, typically, the king rooms have a shower, not the tub/shower combo.

The Grand Suite is so large, I think that they say the parlor can accommodate 50-75 people for a meeting or function.

You can close off the parlor from the bedroom(s) and can enter into the suite from the corridor either into the bedroom or parlor.

Last edited:
@shoreward the search confirmed my memory! 😉 Pretty sure we stayed near one, during our 2018 stay there was a food convention, many of the rooms were used as break out rooms and across from us seemed like it had a big crowd one night, I read your report and wondered if it was a parlor suite.

Yes, a couple of years ago, I was given an upgrade to a Grand Suite at the Swan. I did not know why, as I only had Gold status, but I certainly did not question it!

My suite was one that did not have any balconies; some do, while others don't. I don't recall what floor it was on, but it had a resort view, facing the Dolphin. The suite had a parlor, which was huge, and included a queen-size sleeper sofa. The adjoining bedroom was a queen/queen with a tub/shower combo. There was a small kitchenette with a wet bar, very large closet, and a full bathroom with walk-in shower off of the parlor. I did not have a king bedroom, so I can't speak to the bathroom, but, typically, the king rooms have a shower, not the tub/shower combo.

The Grand Suite is so large, I think that they say the parlor can accommodate 50-75 people for a meeting or function.

You can close off the parlor from the bedroom(s) and can enter into the suite from the corridor either into the bedroom or parlor.
Wow, sounds like an amazing upgrade! What room category had you booked?

My suite was one that did not have any balconies; some do, while others don't. I don't recall what floor it was on, but it had a resort view, facing the Dolphin. The suite had a parlor, which was huge, and included a queen-size sleeper sofa. The adjoining bedroom was a queen/queen with a tub/shower combo. There was a small kitchenette with a wet bar, very large closet, and a full bathroom with walk-in shower off of the parlor. I did not have a king bedroom, so I can't speak to the bathroom, but, typically, the king rooms have a shower, not the tub/shower combo.

Thank you

[/QUOTE thank you I appreciate this and looking forward!

It was our plan to take boat to WS or the skyway for HS, since we wanted to spend the most time at these two parks.
It is a long walk to Epcot WS gate or HS from Dolphin and it seems pointless to take a bus to the front of Epcot just to walk all the way back to WS.

I look foward to updates from people staying now that area is starting to open up again.
If the boats do start running and you stay at the Dolphin, and you don't want to walk, I would take the boat to HS instead of the Skyliner. With the Skyliner station all the way over at the Epcot International Gateway, it's almost as far of a walk there as it is to HS (0.7 mi. vs 0.9 mi.), so by the time you you actually walk to the station and get on a gondola, you could have already walked to HS. Not to mention that the Skyliner first takes you over to CBR where you have to transfer to a different line to finally head to HS. The Swalphin boat dock is the last stop on the way to HS, so it's a straight shot from the Swalphin dock to HS.

I'm 118% sure you have a valid reason for calling it a long walk to the the IG, but, I don't agree. As a matter of fact, I LOVE the walk, and think it's short. I've only done the HS walk when the construction was there, and I wasn't a fan because the zigzagging made it a lot longer than it needed to be. The other times for Hollyweird, we've used the boats or <sheepishly admits> Uber. I mean, we've used Uber to get to Hollyweird, so you know we're lazy. Just kidding, we used Uber to Hollyweird for AM EMH a few times. The boats don't run that early, AND we're lazy.

That menu looks great. There’s currently no menu posted on the Swan website or app so I guess we’ll find out what’s actually available now when we check in!
Assumption:
The lunch sandwiches, if they are the same-ish types of offering as at Fuel, are WAY better than they need to be at that price point. The sandwiches at Fuel are a hidden gem, but those who know about Swolphin are used to hearing about "hidden gems." I also usually shout from the rooftops that Kimonos is a hidden gem as well.

Wow, sounds like an amazing upgrade! What room category had you booked?
I think it was Traditional. With my status entitling me to an upgrade to a better view, etc., I requested a Boardwalk view, and possibly a balcony. I was so disappointed that I did not get a balcony. :rolleyes:

I'm sure that was my one and done, as far as being upgraded like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter