Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

This may be something I would consider in the future, especially for the included nighttime viewing areas. I am doing the dessert party in Feb to see Happily Ever After (for seating- my wife just has knee surgery) and it is costing me 79/person. I could take or leave the desserts. Like to get more details on what the preferred viewing actually is. Great for Pandora- 90 day window- wonder if there is tiering?

The DIS article says no tiering and not restricted to 1 park, but you can only visit each FP ride once per day.

Renovated rooms at the Dolphin ... still 2 doubles or are they queens now? Our newly renovated room in early 2016 was doubles and cramped. I couldn't see how queens would fit. But perhaps they had not changed all the furniture. I need an update because my info is out of date.

Thanks!

I have to second this comment! I was saddened how low the teacher discount was when I checked, but I can appreciate that SPG members get good rates. Well worth comparing the Costco rates, but keep in mind the rooms include an upgrade and some other perks, but still a good comparison.

What is "SPG?'

Renovated rooms at the Dolphin ... still 2 doubles or are they queens now?
The S/D website still says the Dolphin has the Doubles and Swan has the Queen.
  • King or queen/queen-bedded rooms (Swan wing)
  • King or double/double-bedded rooms (Dolphin wing)

Help! I purchased a Costco trip staying at the Dolphin, got my Dolphin specific reservation #s today but they won't link into MDE. Been on phone for close to 45 min with two diff Disney customer service agents who both say I can not link my Dolphin reservations because I did it through Costco and thus will not be eligible for booking 60 day FP. :headache: The Costco agent said I should be able to link once I got those Dolphin #s, Dolphin agent said I should be able to link with the #'s she gave me but I can't. I was able to link my tickets from the Costco pkg no problem. Any advice what to do next??

Maybe I'm missing something. What else are you trying to link?

I am trying to link my Dolphin room reservations into MDE so I can make my FP at the 60 day mark. Do I not need to do that to make FP? I thought I had to link and show my Dolphin reservation #'s to be eligible. :confused3

I am trying to link my Dolphin room reservations into MDE so I can make my FP at the 60 day mark. Do I not need to do that to make FP? I thought I had to link and show my Dolphin reservation #'s to be eligible. :confused3
Try this number 407-939-7671 it is Disney Wholesale Direct. They deal with third party sellers like Expedia, Chase, etc. When I booked thru my Chase travel credit card, the numbers Chase gave were not Disney friendly. One call to Disney Wholesale and they were able to provide my res# for MDE plus they adjusted my res by adding a kid. They only needed my name and date of res and it took less than 2 minutes.

Try this number 407-939-7671 it is Disney Wholesale Direct. They deal with third party sellers like Expedia, Chase, etc. When I booked thru my Chase travel credit card, the numbers Chase gave were not Disney friendly. One call to Disney Wholesale and they were able to provide my res# for MDE plus they adjusted my res by adding a kid. They only needed my name and date of res and it took less than 2 minutes.

Thank you. I may try that tomorrow. Now my "situation" has been given to a supervisor who asked for 24 hours to "figure it out"... sigh. My MDE is now empty and shows only error messages but I was told that is because they are "working on it". Seriously I can't be the first person who booked a Costco pkg at S/D who wants to link their resort reservation # :sad2:
My adult daughter who is traveling with me says all our tickets and dining reservations still show in her MDE app so I'll just try to be patient.

@vicb they are 100% wrong about not getting the code for FP+ - I know since I got mine. The number I first got from S/D didn't work, I called and it hadn't yet populated to create the Disney reservation number, but a couple days later I got the number. The confusing things is dealing with the Costco #, the S/D # and getting a Disney #.

When you login to Costcotravel and look down by the Theme Parks do you have a Disney Reservation #?

@vicb they are 100% wrong about not getting the code for FP+ - I know since I got mine. The number I first got from S/D didn't work, I called and it hadn't yet populated to create the Disney reservation number, but a couple days later I got the number. The confusing things is dealing with the Costco #, the S/D # and getting a Disney #.

When you login to Costcotravel and look down by the Theme Parks do you have a Disney Reservation #?

Yes there is a number there on my costco travel page but it doesn't work either! (it did work to link my tickets though) When I plug that one into MDE it gives me a list of hotels to select from that are all the DTD Hotels (like Hilton etc...) the same thing happens when I try the confirmation #s I got directly from the Dolphin today. I know I am entitled to the 60 FP perk but I need to figure out how to get it all set up. Thanks.

BTW, all my dining ADRs and my tickets are now showing again in MDE but nothing for hotel still.

@vicb When I called S/D they were able to help me some, you might give them a quick ring to see if they can help you out.

@vicb When I called S/D they were able to help me some, you might give them a quick ring to see if they can help you out.

Thanks but I did call today and that is how I got the reservation #s for each room. She said they should plug right into MDE but as I've said they didn't work and the Disney Guest services agents are trying to say I'm not entitled to that 60 day benefit because I booked "third party". :worried:

@vicb - sorry I know its aggravating. But since I gt my FP+ and ADRs' I know it works. How long ago did you get your Disney Res #? The guy I spoke with at S/D told me it can take 48 hours to populate from S/D to Disney, or maybe that was the guy I spoke with at Costco. The benefit of FP+ is even listed on the Costco confirmation...

Disney FastPass+ available 60 days in advance
With Disney’s FastPass+, you can lock in some of your must-do attractions and entertainment experiences—so you can relax and enjoy the moment with your family. Select up to three attractions, shows or entertainment experiences in one Park per day of your valid Walt Disney World® Theme Park ticket. Guests staying at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort will be able to make FastPass+ selections 60 days in advance of their visit with their Costco Travel Booking Number (located at the top of your itinerary) along with the valid Disney Ticket Reservation Number(s). See the Walt Disney World® Will Call Certificate portion of your itinerary for additional details.

Vicb - they are definitely wrong. You should be able to book fp+ 60 days out. I did it at 60 days as well with the Costco pkg. I didn't have any hoops to jump through to get anything linked, however. I'm 99% sure that a few other folks - possibly even in this thread, reported a similar issue - ultimately easily resolved by speaking with the "right" person.

Renovated rooms at the Dolphin ... still 2 doubles or are they queens now? Our newly renovated room in early 2016 was doubles and cramped. I couldn't see how queens would fit. But perhaps they had not changed all the furniture. I need an update because my info is out of date.

Thanks!

Can confirm from experience that unfortunately still doubles.

I see what you are saying. The first time I stayed at the Swan while using FP+, I had to call the S/D to get a different confirm number than the one I was origianlly given. With that, I was linked the next day.

Vicb - they are definitely wrong. You should be able to book fp+ 60 days out. I did it at 60 days as well with the Costco pkg. I didn't have any hoops to jump through to get anything linked, however. I'm 99% sure that a few other folks - possibly even in this thread, reported a similar issue - ultimately easily resolved by speaking with the "right" person.

Yes, well apparently the four live people I talked to today were not the right person. :rolleyes1 Tomorrow I will try to follow up on some of the helpful suggestions I've received here tonight.
DH who is an IT professional thinks it might be that my Dolphin #s have not made it into the Disney system yet but that doesn't explain the "you can't do this because it's Costco" attitude I got today from Disney customer service.

Really appreciate all the suggestions and support. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter