Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I know because I 've stayed there before but two of them tried to say it was because I booked through Costco not Disney Travel.... sigh.
That’s silly. It’s like saying if you made a reservation through SPG, you shouldn’t get 60 days. SPG certainly isn’t Disney Travel.

That’s silly. It’s like saying if you made a reservation through SPG, you shouldn’t get 60 days. SPG certainly isn’t Disney Travel.

Yup. Luckily I am not in panic mode because my 60 day mark is not until early March but I would caution anyone from booking Costco close to their 60 day mark. I know it will all be worth it when I get this settled because we are saving $700 on two rooms at the Dolphin over what we were booked into POFQ for! The Dolphin is a great location and a nice resort to boot!

Yup. Luckily I am not in panic mode because my 60 day mark is not until early March but I would caution anyone from booking Costco close to their 60 day mark. I know it will all be worth it when I get this settled because we are saving $700 on two rooms at the Dolphin over what we were booked into POFQ for! The Dolphin is a great location and a nice resort to boot!

When did you book? It always takes a couple of days for my Swan/Dolphin confirmation numbers to show up as recognized in My Disney Experience.

I booked five days ago.
:crazy2: Maybe it takes costco a few days to get things sorted? Let us know how it goes. I've had this problem in the past booking WDW resorts with Orbitz but never with the Swan/Dolphin. Usually there are zeroes missing from beginning or end and it's maddening until you finally get the one magic person on the phone. Crossing my fingers for you!

I booked five days ago.
Bingo that's it. Give it till Monday, if you can, and I bet things will all be sorted out at least that's what happened in my case. The numbers take a while to get from one group to another.

Update: Yay! I have linked my Dolphin reservations this morning to MDE. They show linked but there is a message: "We are experiencing difficulties requesting additional details about this reservation. Please try again later" but it does show and requested me to link the guest profiles to each room. And there is a new confirmation # that is different from the # Dolphin had given me.

Also I could only access MDE in Explorer not Chrome, Chrome version of MDE is all messed up.

Hopefully I am all set now. THANK YOU to everyone who made suggestions yesterday or reassured me that I was on the right path. :disrocks:

Hi all!

We have two double bed rooms booked at Dolphin for our November trip (although we keep trying to turn one of the double rooms into a King room). Each room is booked for 5 nights and we booked at the balcony level which Dolphin is telling me (and noted in the system), that they are guaranteed to connect. Should I be confident in this?

Can you tell me about the balcony level rooms? Is it the same as a standard room, just with a balcony? Or do all balcony rooms have a particular view?

The rooms were booked with points. Does that affect anything?

Thank you!

Update: Yay! I have linked my Dolphin reservations this morning to MDE. They show linked but there is a message: "We are experiencing difficulties requesting additional details about this reservation. Please try again later" but it does show and requested me to link the guest profiles to each room. And there is a new confirmation # that is different from the # Dolphin had given me.

The message regarding difficulties requesting additional reservation details always appears in my Swan reservations on MDE, and I book direct. That message will probably remain there. I would not be concerned, as long as the Dolphin now appears in your MDE reservations and is linked.

The message regarding difficulties requesting additional reservation details always appears in my Swan reservations on MDE, and I book direct. That message will probably remain there. I would not be concerned, as long as the Dolphin now appears in your MDE reservations and is linked.

Good to know that-thanks!

Wondering if there are any updates to the laundry information from the first page of this thread?
Will I need to take quarters, or can I purchase tokens with credit card?
And, bonus question :) , anyone know if the Dolphin's machines are text-enabled for when the load is done?

"Guest Laundry Information
There is a coin operated laundry located on the first floor of The Dolphin. Washers are $1.50 per load and dryers are $1.50 for 45 minutes. The machines do not take quarters however. You must convert them to special 25 cent tokens at the laundry. "

We might consider the $50/day extra FP+ add on for our next trip. It will likely be a short trip booked on points and we will have a baby. So it honestly might be worth the cost, especially if we don't pay cash for the hotel. I am wondering which rooms qualify as Premium Alcove Rooms? Does the Swan Family room count as this category? Does anyone know how many points the suites are if booked with SPG points? TIA!

Wondering if there are any updates to the laundry information from the first page of this thread?
Will I need to take quarters, or can I purchase tokens with credit card?
And, bonus question :) , anyone know if the Dolphin's machines are text-enabled for when the load is done?

"Guest Laundry Information
There is a coin operated laundry located on the first floor of The Dolphin. Washers are $1.50 per load and dryers are $1.50 for 45 minutes. The machines do not take quarters however. You must convert them to special 25 cent tokens at the laundry. "

That info is not current. The cost is $3.00 for washer/$3.00 for dryer. Use credit or debit cards; no tokens that I recall (and I did laundry there 4 weeks ago!)

There is a vending machine for laundry detergent and dryer sheets - $1.00 each. The machine had a slot for paying with a $1 bill, but when I tried that it appeared to be disabled. The credit card slot works!

That info is not current. The cost is $3.00 for washer/$3.00 for dryer. Use credit or debit cards; no tokens that I recall (and I did laundry there 4 weeks ago!)

There is a vending machine for laundry detergent and dryer sheets - $1.00 each. The machine had a slot for paying with a $1 bill, but when I tried that it appeared to be disabled. The credit card slot works!
Thanks Laura. Updated.

We might consider the $50/day extra FP+ add on for our next trip. It will likely be a short trip booked on points and we will have a baby. So it honestly might be worth the cost, especially if we don't pay cash for the hotel. I am wondering which rooms qualify as Premium Alcove Rooms? Does the Swan Family room count as this category? Does anyone know how many points the suites are if booked with SPG points? TIA!

Details are still a bit scetchy but if you find something out please post. Found out on another board that the FP's can only be booked through the S&D concierge, and they won't have the ability to book "for a week or two".

Details are still a bit scetchy but if you find something out please post. Found out on another board that the FP's can only be booked through the S&D concierge, and they won't have the ability to book "for a week or two".
I have not done any research on this, but I am familiar with Club Level guests getting this purchase option. Are you saying that there are certain category rooms at Dolphin that equal a Club Level and qualify for this option?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter