Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

But, I know this:

Book a standard room for 50,000 and upgrade to a King Alcove for $90, a Premium Studio for $130 or a King Alcove with connected Double room for $200. I got this info 2 weeks ago directly from Dolphin/Swan.
Is that at the Dolphin or the Swan, too? Would I book our normal room on points online and then call them to upgrade? I need the King Alcove with the connected Double room. Did they charge you two resort fees for the two rooms?

Sorry to pester you with questions. We usually book 2 two-queen rooms at the swan but I'd much rather have a room with a sitting area. And a king for us :-)

Is that at the Dolphin or the Swan, too? Would I book our normal room on points online and then call them to upgrade? I need the King Alcove with the connected Double room. Did they charge you two resort fees for the two rooms?

Sorry to pester you with questions. We usually book 2 two-queen rooms at the swan but I'd much rather have a room with a sitting area. And a king for us :-)
So my experience so far is only at Dolphin. I am assuming it's the same at Swan, although I don't know how their room connections work.

I was told to book a standard double room on points online. Then call them directly to upgrade and apply the fee. If you do the Alcove plus connecting double, it's only one resort fee (which is very nice). I'll be calling at the end of December to do this, so if you do it before me, please post (b/c we'd like to try Swan this time)!

I did call in — directly to hotel — the “suite” number was generic Marriott line. I would be able to add the king alcove room to a double-bed room booked on points for $200 a night (plus taxes). There would only be one resort fee - and I wouldn’t have an extra adult fee for my DD19 (so they said). I was told these rooms were only available at the Dolphin, not Swan.

I didn’t ask for the process of booking. If I go ahead with it, I’ll call them directly first. The alcove rooms are not always available.

Does anyone have experience staying at the Swan Deluxe Alcove Balcony rooms? I'd like to request a room with a nice view but not quite sure which wing/floor to request for an upcoming trip...

Ask for east wing, Epcot/Boardwalk view, upper floors.

And welcome to the dis.

You can use this link...

Thanks. From what I can tell these rooms are at the end of the two wings and always face into the courtyard ... does Swan even have Epcot view Alcove Balcony rooms?

I’ve stayed in 3 or 4 different alcove rooms at Swan (love them!!) and none had a balcony. I don’t recall balcony being an option at booking but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t. Will have to look more carefully next time!

I'll take that prior post back. There should be outside balconies facing Epcot, see map link here.

Thanks again for taking the trouble to investigate. I am not 100% sure but I believe the "alcove" portion of these Epcot facing rooms is used for the stairs at the end of the east wing.

@Christine, the Alcove Balcony show as a separate room category on the Marriott Swan website .. they go for 30-40 dollars more than the non-Balcony rooms (not sure if that's worth it though .. will find out next week)

@Christine, the Alcove Balcony show as a separate room category on the Marriott Swan website .. they go for 30-40 dollars more than the non-Balcony rooms (not sure if that's worth it though .. will find out next week)

If you have a chance, please come back and share your thoughts. Have a great trip!!

I have had balcony rooms over the years, as a 'gold' upgrade. They are VERY small, barely room for the two chairs and small table.

I have had balcony rooms over the years, as a 'gold' upgrade. They are VERY small, barely room for the two chairs and small table.

When I look at the room descriptions the traditional, resort view and resort view plus balcony all show as 340 sq ft (Only mentioning this as I read your comment as "balcony rooms are smaller than other rooms").

Any way ... I was talking about the "1 King Bed, Resort View, Balcony, Alcove Guest Room" which is listed as 500 sq ft (supposed to be a King Bed + Queen sofa bed), so about 50% larger than the normal room (but smaller than the 1BR suite).

Thank you for your replies. I will try to post a short review when I get back.

So our reservation, after days and days of calling, is still not linked. We are at Swan for 2 nights but have annual passes. They booked fast passes for our first 3 days over the phone but are telling us we have to wait until 30 days to do anymore. I want to book an additional 4 days now and thought with the on site reservation and an ap I could. I am so frustrated right now.

So our reservation, after days and days of calling, is still not linked. We are at Swan for 2 nights but have annual passes. They booked fast passes for our first 3 days over the phone but are telling us we have to wait until 30 days to do anymore. I want to book an additional 4 days now and thought with the on site reservation and an ap I could. I am so frustrated right now.

So frustrating! You may have already tried this, but when we were trying to get our Swan reservation to link correctly, with the correct number of guests, we called multiple times. The only person that was able to help us was someone at "In House Reservations".

Good Luck! Sorry this is happening to you.

When that happened to us, the person who helped us was in tech. IIRC, there was a selection on the Disney phone tree that was for website issues and I clicked on that. The woman who answered deleted out our reservation and put it back in manually. I was able to see it the next morning and book FPs.

FWIW, I consider their answer of having to wait for 30 days completely unacceptable. I'm not one to complain to Disney about everything hoping for compensation, but that 60-day FP window is a huge perk that you're entitled to.

I believe it was "in house" reservations who finally helped us too.

FWIW, I consider their answer of having to wait for 30 days completely unacceptable. I'm not one to complain to Disney about everything hoping for compensation, but that 60-day FP window is a huge perk that you're entitled to.

::yes:: Totally agree with this.

Swan question and can’t find it though I’m sure it’s here... I’m using prime now for a delivery of groceries. I put in 1200 Lake Buena Vista as the Swans website indicated but prime recommends Orlando as the city. Anyone used Prime Now successfully and specifically which drop off address did you use? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter