Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We just booked a 2-night stay at Dolphin in September. This is our first time staying here and we are looking forward to trying it!
There are 2 adults and 3 kids included in the room booking and I have a few questions.
I did not request a rollaway yet. Would a twin blowup or rollaway fit better in a standards room?
Are the beds full or queens?
Thanks!!

We had a roll away bed and it was great . Its a full single matress on a steel frame .it has wheels on the end and they wheel it in standing up amd flip it down onto the ground . Most comfy extra bed ive seen at a hotel

Are the beds full or queens?
At the Dolphin the rooms are either King or Double / Double. You should request a roll-away bed. Once you arrive at the Dolphin check again at the front desk to confirm that your roll-away bed is noted on your reservation and confirm when it will be delivered to your room.

Note: You also want to verify / confirm that your Dolphin reservation has 2 adults / 3 children noted on the Marriott reservation before the 60 day before arrival date. Only the name of the primary guest is needed when linking to MDE. You can assign the remaining names within MDE to make FP+ reservations.

Dave

Don't forget, you can use the concierge link and let them know you will be arriving early, and, if possible, have an early check in.

https://swandolphinconcierge.com/room.html
How long has it been taking lately to get a response when submitting a room request via the concierge link? Last time we stayed was in March 2018, and I got an email back fairly quickly acknowledging the request (with standard disclaimers about availability, yada yada). I submitted a request last week for our early October stay and haven’t heard any response. Should I resubmit? Thanks so much!

What day? My experience is always less than a week, generally a few days. Resend if nothing by Wednesday. Just indicate that your request may have been lost somehow.
Thanks! I’ve lost track of the exact day but it was early last week. We are on our annual summer road trip and will lose connectivity as we head back into the woods in a day so I will probably re-send this evening if I haven’t heard anything. I appreciate the insight!

Which one is better? Swan or Dolphin? in terms or beds/ room size and views?
Thinking of going in November for 5 nights, will the pools be open, will it be too cold for us to use pools? is that a splash pad for kids?

How do we know room to book to get fireworks views, is it worth it?

Is there a bus stop to go to the parks directly?

Thinking of going in November for 5 nights, will the pools be open, will it be too cold for us to use pools? is that a splash pad for kids?

How do we know room to book to get fireworks views, is it worth it?

Which one is better will be personal preference. I'm very ok with a king and a sleeper, so with other personal preferences included, and the price, Dolphin would be my choice, especially if cheaper, which is usually the case. Generally, the standard rooms are two doubles at Dolphin vs two queens at Swan. I would never choose a room with 2 doubles, so at Dolphin, king and a sleeper is my baseline. My number one choice would be a king room closest to the pools, so for me, Dolphin is better. Your personal preferences will have to come in to play for your choice. I usually go in early November, and use the pools every day. They'll be open unless there are thunderstorms. There is a splash pad for kids, and also, the Spring Pool (round pool) is pretty shallow. One year I went, the Spring Pool was VERY warm, but last year, it was not even close to warm. I asked the staff at the pool about it not being warm, and they had no idea what I was talking about. Perhaps it is no longer kept warm.

I wouldn't pay up for a fireworks view, because I watch the fireworks at the parks. I use the room for sleeping, bathing, snacking, and changing in/out of pool clothes, but again, that's me. Both hotel desks will (should) know which rooms will have good fireworks views. One Concierge at Dolphin was just outstanding in his room knowledge, and found us the perfect room after he narrowed down what our requests were. Wish I knew his name. I looked for him after we settled in and realized how great the room was, but i never saw him again. I'd hope you get the same experience at whichever one you choose.

Yes, there is a bus stop for the parks at both. There's also the Friendship Boats and the walking path for the EP resorts, Epcot, and Hollywood.

Not sure if this was mentioned in the first post.

Here now and all non-signature restaurants at Swan and Dolphin offer a 20% discount for AAA members. We have used it multiple times and each time we are asked to show our AAA card. The cashier will then enter our membership number into payment system and the discount is applied. I assume this means that the system is checking to verify the AAA membership is current and valid. As opposed to having an old membership card from an account that is no longer active.

To add to the previous comment about comparing the 2 hotels, the Swan has 2 sinks with vanity areas in a standard room; 1 with the tub and/or shower and the toilet & 1 available while the shower / toilet is busy.
The Swan / Dolphin share Disney bus service, the Swan is the first pickup and then the Dolphin. On returns the Swan is the first drop off. There is one bus stop at each hotel for the MK & AK, Disney Springs and the Water parks. Both stops are equipped with real-time bus schedules.

During slower times of the year or mid-day, buses may be shared with the BoardWalk

Dave

Last edited:
Not directly Swolphin related but I was hoping a couple Marriott experts could help me out. I’m hopeless since SPG went away. I have some free night redemptions to use, but I can’t figure out how to book them on the app. When I try to book using the app, it only gives me the option of cash or points. Stays that I plan on using free nights for are deducting points from my account instead.

Can anyone help me out here please?

Not directly Swolphin related but I was hoping a couple Marriott experts could help me out. I’m hopeless since SPG went away. I have some free night redemptions to use, but I can’t figure out how to book them on the app. When I try to book using the app, it only gives me the option of cash or points. Stays that I plan on using free nights for are deducting points from my account instead.

I have not redeemed mine either, so I'll need to try this, as well:
https://points-redemption.marriott.com/hotel-redemption/marriott-bonvoy/And this footnote at the bottom of that page:
We will soon introduce peak and off-peak pricing for reward stays. This means that some hotel stays will increase in number of points necessary to redeem due to increased demand, while other will require fewer points for stays. This change will impact general points redemption for stays, as well as Free Night Awards earned through our credit card partner programs.

On a related note, I believe the award rates for peak and off-peak take effect on 08.18.2019.
Cat. 6 (Swan and Dolphin) Std = 50,000 points, Off-peak = 40,000 points, Peak = 60,000 points

Last edited:

Try using the Marriott web site instead of the app to book your free nights. Here are the basic steps for doing it from the web site:
  • To use a Free Night Award e-certificate, select "Use Points" in the search form, pick your desired hotel and then choose a standard room.
  • In the Reservation Details step, you will see an option to use your e-certificate(s). If you have multiple certificates and do not wish to use all of them, you may deselect some, and the balance of points you will pay for the reservation will go up to make up the difference.
Dave

I just wanted to share my experience at the Dolphin a few months ago regarding using AAA for the 20% off. I've stayed at the Dolphin probably close to 20 times and the last time I had roughly $20 of food on my tray at check-out in Picabu. The items were a side salad, a dessert, a couple of drinks, etc. I asked to use my AAA discount and the cashier said that they no longer discount unless I had a full meal on the tray and then only the full meal would be discounted. This was a new policy to me as I had always received the AAA 20% off on any item in the past. I was told this same information with different cashiers at the Picabu check-out throughout my stay. Perhaps others who have stayed recently have had a different experience.

After many stays at the Dolphin, with our kids we have simply outgrown the double beds and are staying at the Swan in about 8 days (not that anyone's counting down or anything). I want to provide them with a room request. I am Bonvoy Gold, and don't really care about the view from the room. We would prefer to be closest to the pool and/or water taxi. What request should I give?

If a relative is Platinum Elite (lifetime) under old guidelines (forgot name of new tier) is their a way to "tier match" gift to family member (immediate family member).

We’re here now. We’ve really enjoyed staying at Swan. Like really enjoyed it!!! So impressed. Just curious, why does Picabu have a service fee?!? We’ve eaten there three times now because the weather has been too bad at times to go elsewhere. Food is decent so not complaining but the fee is hefty. Anyway around that?

I just wanted to share my experience at the Dolphin a few months ago regarding using AAA for the 20% off. I've stayed at the Dolphin probably close to 20 times and the last time I had roughly $20 of food on my tray at check-out in Picabu. The items were a side salad, a dessert, a couple of drinks, etc. I asked to use my AAA discount and the cashier said that they no longer discount unless I had a full meal on the tray and then only the full meal would be discounted. This was a new policy to me as I had always received the AAA 20% off on any item in the past. I was told this same information with different cashiers at the Picabu check-out throughout my stay. Perhaps others who have stayed recently have had a different experience.
I've never experienced that, but my last trip there was 2017. Seems strange.
We’re here now. We’ve really enjoyed staying at Swan. Like really enjoyed it!!! So impressed. Just curious, why does Picabu have a service fee?!? We’ve eaten there three times now because the weather has been too bad at times to go elsewhere. Food is decent so not complaining but the fee is hefty. Anyway around that?
The service added fee is 13%. They added that maybe 7-8 years ago? They added it since most people do not tip there I think and the staff does do some bussing. I've always left a tip, even before the added fee. I just tip less now. I generally leave an additional $5 or so on the table. I always hate under tipping. No way around it that I know of. If you have/use AAA there, it about a wash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter