Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Are there printers we can use for free if we’re staying at the dolphin? Does that area close at a certain time?
Both Swan and Dolphin have computers with printers, just off of the lobby, for printing boarding passes.
The computer/printers off the lo by are for boarding passes. For other computer and/or printer needs, you would need to use the business center at either resort. There is a charge for that usage.

The computer/printers off the lo by are for boarding passes. For other computer and/or printer needs, you would need to use the business center at either resort. There is a charge for that usage.
Ah okay thank you. Do you know how much they charge? If it's a lot, I'll just go to my library and print it out.

@Haley R I wonder if the Disney planning desk could help you out with that.
Actually I didn't even think about this. The front desk could probably even print it out for us. I think I'll just wait because I really don't want to drive all the way to the library lol. It's on a busy road with a lot of stoplights.

What day? My experience is always less than a week, generally a few days. Resend if nothing by Wednesday. Just indicate that your request may have been lost somehow.
Hi all! A follow-up to say that I didn’t get a chance to re-send the request but did hear back from the concierge acknowledging my request. It took about a week and a half. I’m not sure whether that is an indicator of busyness or increased use of the concierge link. Just thought I’d let you all know in case anyone else submits a request.

Ah okay thank you. Do you know how much they charge? If it's a lot, I'll just go to my library and print it out.
I used it to print the last VIP passholder thing we went to and it was about $10 (at least I earned 6x points on my Marriott cc? :P)

Yes the Swan would be a better match in my view for your group. The Dolphin would be my choice if you had 5 in your group. Two sink / mirror areas; 1 in room with toilet / shower and 1 additional sink / mirror area in addition to 2 Queen beds vs 2 Double beds in Dolphin. There is not charge for children staying in the same room subject maximum occupancy. Also the Swan is about 1/2 the size of the Dolphin and the Swan is the first pickup for the park buses & then the Dolphin.

Notes: Swan - Maximum Occupancy: 4, Extra Adult fee: $25 per night beyond 2 adults.
Dolphin - Maximum Occupancy: 5, Extra Adult fee: $25 per night beyond 2 adults, 1 Roll-away bed, 1 Crib

Dave

So I am going to book soon for the following dates Nov 21st to Nov 26th at the swan. Should I register to become a member the total cost is coming out to be around $1600 for 5 nights with fees and taxes, can I do better at another Disney property, just curious. There is also a price difference between the swan and dolphin, dolphin is cheaper.

By 1/2 the size you mean the resort not the room size correct.

Should I prepay or just pay the standard rate which allows cancellation. The flip side is that my flight tickets cannot be cancelled and non refundable.

We just booked a Deluxe Alcove with Connecting Double at the Dolphin for next June! We went back and forth on it because after hearing so many good things about that room configuration I really wanted it, but the Dolphin so far is not open for reservations on points for that date. We went ahead and booked with cash and decided that if it opens up for points later, great, and if not we’ll spend our points everywhere else afterwards😀.

Does anyone know if any of those rooms have balconies?

Just in case it’s of interest to someone else, you can book two regular rooms on points at the Swan and then upgrade to an Executive Suite for $200/night or a Grand Suite for $240/night. We have a lot of points, but not quite that many, so it wouldn’t work for us.

So I am going to book soon for the following dates Nov 21st to Nov 26th at the swan. Should I register to become a member the total cost is coming out to be around $1600 for 5 nights with fees and taxes, can I do better at another Disney property, just curious. There is also a price difference between the swan and dolphin, dolphin is cheaper.

By 1/2 the size you mean the resort not the room size correct.

Should I prepay or just pay the standard rate which allows cancellation. The flip side is that my flight tickets cannot be cancelled and non refundable.
It does not cost you anything to join the Bonvoy program with Marriott. Do you happen to have AAA or CAA as the Swan / Dolphin also offer up to a 15% for AAA members.

You are going during the lead up to Thanksgiving weekend which tends to be a very busy time which tends to limit discounts available during this period. You may save money by looking at a Disney Moderate or Value resort but location, location, location is one of the keys to the Swan / Dolphin. They are right next to the BoardWalk, YC/BC and walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

Yes there is a price difference between the Swan and the Dolphin with the Dolphin often being cheaper than the Swan. You get to decide if the price difference is worth the resort differences. We like the 2 Queen beds and an extra sink / vanity / mirror at the Swan vs the 2 Double beds and 1 sink / vanity / mirror area at the Dolphin. However the Dolphin allows a max of 5 per room vs a max of 4 per room at the Swan.

Yes the Swan has 758 guest rooms and the Dolphin has 1514 guest rooms. The standard guest room is ~340 Sq ft at the Swan and ~360 Sq ft at the Dolphin.

The decision to prepay is totally up to you. There are also 2 prepayment offers: one with no changes & no refund, and another at a sightly higher rate but allows you to cancel 5 days be for you arrive. You can compare the rates within the Marriott reservation system. At the top of your rate list there are options to switch from "Standard" rates | Prepay and Save | Deals & Packages.

Please consider that even if your flight tickets can't be cancelled or changed, you can still change where you stay and the type of room as long as you don't prepay with a no changes & no refund option many times between today and November.

Dave

Last edited:
It does not cost you anything to join the Bonvoy program with Marriott. Do you happen to have AAA or CAA as the Swan / Dolphin also offer up to a 15% for AAA members.

You are going during the lead up to Thanksgiving weekend which tends to be a very busy time which tends to limit discounts available during this period. You may save money by looking at a Disney Moderate or Value resort but location, location, location is one of the keys to the Swan / Dolphin. They are right next to the BoardWalk, YC/BC and walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

Yes there is a price difference between the Swan and the Dolphin with the Dolphin often being cheaper than the Swan. You get to decide if the price difference is worth the resort differences. We like the 2 Queen beds and an extra sink / vanity / mirror at the Swan vs the 2 Double beds and 1 sink / vanity / mirror area at the Dolphin. However the Dolphin allows a max of 5 per room vs a max of 4 per room at the Swan.

Yes the Swan has 758 guest rooms and the Dolphin has 1514 guest rooms. The standard guest room is ~340 Sq ft at the Swan and ~360 Sq ft at the Dolphin.

The decision to prepay is totally up to you. There are also 2 prepayment offers: one with no changes & no refund, and another at a sightly higher rate but allows you to cancel 5 days be for you arrive. You can compare the rates within the Marriott reservation system. At the top of your rate list there are options to switch from "Standard" rates | Prepay and Save | Deals & Packages.

Please consider that even if your flight tickets can't be cancelled or changed, you can still change where you stay and the type of room as long as you don't prepay with a no changes & no refund option many times between today and November.

Dave

Thanks for the detailed response, no I don't have AAA or CAA. Now you are making me doubt, about the days we have selected as we were trying to avoid the crazy crowds. Will definitely pay a little more to get the 2 queen. Do they ever offer complimentary upgrade etc. Is a room view firework view worth it, how would it be listed?

If you can go anytime I wouldn't go Thanksgiving week. Flights will be more expensive too.

If you go during mid-December you might be able to get the free dining offer at a disney resort which is a pretty good deal.

Hi all! A follow-up to say that I didn’t get a chance to re-send the request but did hear back from the concierge acknowledging my request. It took about a week and a half. I’m not sure whether that is an indicator of busyness or increased use of the concierge link. Just thought I’d let you all know in case anyone else submits a request.
I received a response in a few days.

Thanks for the detailed response, no I don't have AAA or CAA. Now you are making me doubt, about the days we have selected as we were trying to avoid the crazy crowds. Will definitely pay a little more to get the 2 queen. Do they ever offer complimentary upgrade etc. Is a room view firework view worth it, how would it be listed?
Your stay of Nov. 21-26 will get you out just before the Thanksgiving weekend officially starts. Crowds tend to build on Tuesday for those that start the weekend early since many guests don't arrive until Wednesday for the long weekend.

We also don't know yet exactly what the impact the opening of the Rise of The Resistance ride on Dec. 5th at Galaxy Edge at Hollywood Studios will have during your time period and Thanksgiving week due to any previews happening in the week(s) before the official opening of the ride.

Yes the Swan & Dolphin have been known to provide complimentary upgrades just like Disney. Just don't expect it to always be available. The Front desk may also offer you an upgraded room for as little as $20 per night depending on availability.

The Fireworks View rooms and they are listed as "Fireworks View" and are (in my view) only worth it if you will actually be in the room every night for Fireworks. We just don't waste time in the room at night when we can be out enjoying the Fireworks in the parks or enjoying other things.

Here is a description of the Fireworks View:

Fireworks View Rooms feature a variety of enhanced vistas to make your stay even more magical. These rooms offer nightly fireworks views from either Epcot or Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Some offer iconic views of the universally-recognizable Spaceship Earth, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Epcot’s World Showplace, and other surrounding areas, while others overlook Crescent Lake.

Dave

We just booked a Deluxe Alcove with Connecting Double at the Dolphin for next June! We went back and forth on it because after hearing so many good things about that room configuration I really wanted it, but the Dolphin so far is not open for reservations on points for that date. We went ahead and booked with cash and decided that if it opens up for points later, great, and if not we’ll spend our points everywhere else afterwards😀.

Does anyone know if any of those rooms have balconies?

Just in case it’s of interest to someone else, you can book two regular rooms on points at the Swan and then upgrade to an Executive Suite for $200/night or a Grand Suite for $240/night. We have a lot of points, but not quite that many, so it wouldn’t work for us.
I am forgetting exactly, but there is some limitation on the kind of King Alcove that can connect to the double bed room in terms of the balcony. We had a balcony with this configuration, but it was the double bed room (which was the kids room). Our balcony faced the boats going back and forth from EP/HS - such a relaxing view.

Your stay of Nov. 21-26 will get you out just before the Thanksgiving weekend officially starts. Crowds tend to build on Tuesday for those that start the weekend early since many guests don't arrive until Wednesday for the long weekend.

We also don't know yet exactly what the impact the opening of the Rise of The Resistance ride on Dec. 5th at Galaxy Edge at Hollywood Studios will have during your time period and Thanksgiving week due to any previews happening in the week(s) before the official opening of the ride.

Yes the Swan & Dolphin have been known to provide complimentary upgrades just like Disney. Just don't expect it to always be available. The Front desk may also offer you an upgraded room for as little as $20 per night depending on availability.

The Fireworks View rooms and they are listed as "Fireworks View" and are (in my view) only worth it if you will actually be in the room every night for Fireworks. We just don't waste time in the room at night when we can be out enjoying the Fireworks in the parks or enjoying other things.

Here is a description of the Fireworks View:

Fireworks View Rooms feature a variety of enhanced vistas to make your stay even more magical. These rooms offer nightly fireworks views from either Epcot or Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Some offer iconic views of the universally-recognizable Spaceship Earth, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Epcot’s World Showplace, and other surrounding areas, while others overlook Crescent Lake.

Dave

We have little kids and they may not want to stay up so late, that's the only reason to consider fireworks view. What time does the fireworks even start?

We have little kids and they may not want to stay up so late, that's the only reason to consider fireworks view. What time does the fireworks even start?
For Epcot, 9 PM most of the year. During Christmas Season and Candlelight Processional time, 9:30 PM. Not sure if it will be any different with the new Epcot show starting soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter