Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Were you in an alcove room at the Swan or Dolphin? Was it a corner room like they show in the pictures? Did you also have the second room?

(We've booked alcove rooms, but keep getting upgraded from them. So we still haven't stayed in one despite trying! LOL)

Thanks!

We were at the Swan with a king balcony alcove room. It looked identical to the pictures so, yes, a corner room. We also had a second room booked, classified as a queen deluxe balcony with resort view.

The rooms were side-by-side but not connected even though we’d requested it. We’ve never not had that request granted before, especially since I always state with the request that it’s for medical purposes (a caregiver). It was a little confusing this time, though. When we checked in one person told us that there were no connecting rooms ever available with the alcove balcony rooms at Swan. Another person said it was that there was no queen room in the classification we’d booked adjacent to any of the alcove rooms. So I don’t know which is correct but the alcove room did not have a secondary door that could’ve connected to any other room. In the long run it worked out just fine for us and we had another great stay.

We were at the Swan with a king balcony alcove room. It looked identical to the pictures so, yes, a corner room. We also had a second room booked, classified as a queen deluxe balcony with resort view.

The rooms were side-by-side but not connected even though we’d requested it. We’ve never not had that request granted before, especially since I always state with the request that it’s for medical purposes (a caregiver). It was a little confusing this time, though. When we checked in one person told us that there were no connecting rooms ever available with the alcove balcony rooms at Swan. Another person said it was that there was no queen room in the classification we’d booked adjacent to any of the alcove rooms. So I don’t know which is correct but the alcove room did not have a secondary door that could’ve connected to any other room. In the long run it worked out just fine for us and we had another great stay.

Thank you! That sounds confusing to me as well. I have booked this as what I thought were connecting rooms, but perhaps I was misinformed by the person on the phone. We were upgraded to a huge suite so we never did actually stay there.

Thank you! That sounds confusing to me as well. I have booked this as what I thought were connecting rooms, but perhaps I was misinformed by the person on the phone. We were upgraded to a huge suite so we never did actually stay there.
Yeah, not sure about the connecting. This is why I’m still trying for Dolphin so we can connect a room to the alcove. But Dolphin is all sold out for our dates!!!

did you get the upgrades by chance or did you put in for a suite night award though Marriott?

My mom just booked 3 rooms for us online at the Swan, but it didn't ask for names. Do we need to call Marriot and add names to the rooms before trying to add the reservation to MDE?

There is a report on one of the other threads (either Boardwalk or Yacht Club/BeachClub) that Picabu in the Dolphin is no longer open 24 hours. Has anyone been there recently who can confirm or deny? Sorry if this has been mentioned in this thread already, I pop out unless I have a trip planned to Swan or Dolphin.

I *think* you only need one name per room before you can link them through MDE. MDE will ask you to link each person to the reservation when you import it.

You probably won't be able to link it until tomorrow. Might as well try and then if it doesn't work you can call Marriott.

There is a report on one of the other threads (either Boardwalk or Yacht Club/BeachClub) that Picabu in the Dolphin is no longer open 24 hours. Has anyone been there recently who can confirm or deny? Sorry if this has been mentioned in this thread already, I pop out unless I have a trip planned to Swan or Dolphin.
Correct. It's open 6am - 10pm now. Garden Grove also eliminated dinner.

I'm curious about the reduction in hours ... is traffic down that much?

I'm most annoyed that none of the quick service places open before 6am. It's a convention hotel. There must be business people up really early getting some work in. I don't get it.

Yeah, not sure about the connecting. This is why I’m still trying for Dolphin so we can connect a room to the alcove. But Dolphin is all sold out for our dates!!!

did you get the upgrades by chance or did you put in for a suite night award though Marriott?

Just by chance. When we arrived at checkin there seemed to be a bit of an issue locating our room. But after just a few minutes waiting for it to be resolved we were given a "suite" upgrade! It was very nice! (but I think that it was because of a mix up or overbooking on their end).

My mom just booked 3 rooms for us online at the Swan, but it didn't ask for names. Do we need to call Marriot and add names to the rooms before trying to add the reservation to MDE?
The biggest issue is that each room on the Marriott site has to have the current number of people in each room counted for. Then once linked in MDE you add each persons names.

I'm curious about the reduction in hours ... is traffic down that much?

I'm most annoyed that none of the quick service places open before 6am. It's a convention hotel. There must be business people up really early getting some work in. I don't get it.

Thank you!

The biggest issue is that each room on the Marriott site has to have the current number of people in each room counted for. Then once linked in MDE you add each persons names.
Thanks. I was very confused as to how Fastpasses were going to work for my family with just a confirmation number for a room in my mom's name.

We did it online and you could only select the same number of people in every room so we just did 2 adults, but I have kids and my aunt is solo so we definitely need to call.

Just by chance. When we arrived at checkin there seemed to be a bit of an issue locating our room. But after just a few minutes waiting for it to be resolved we were given a "suite" upgrade! It was very nice! (but I think that it was because of a mix up or overbooking on their end).
Lucky!
Thanks. I was very confused as to how Fastpasses were going to work for my family with just a confirmation number for a room in my mom's name.

We did it online and you could only select the same number of people in every room so we just did 2 adults, but I have kids and my aunt is solo so we definitely need to call.
call dolphin directly and immediately ask for in house reservations. They will be the only ones to know what you are talking about. Do not get transferred to Marriott.

My apologies, but what is the current resort fee for the Swan and Dolphin (not including parking)?

Hello all :). I am sure this has been covered here- and if someone can point me to the right post that would be amazing. We have stayed in guest rooms at the Swan many times. We are now looking at a Grans Suite. Does anyone have pictures of this room? I have found lots of videos and pics of the Dolphin Grand Suite- but none of the Swan. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If that's the case, then they need to update the info on their "Welcome" mobile site that they direct guests to for information, as it currently shows Picabu open 6am - 1am (it also still shows dinner hours for Garden Grove). If they're going to have an information website for guests, they might want to keep it updated with the current information.

Edit:
Here's a link to a PDF of their "Resort Report" for Jan/Feb 2020 which looks like it has more current information than their website, and matches what JennyPenny reported.

https://swandolphin.com/pdf/Resort_Report.pdf

Last edited:
Lucky!

call dolphin directly and immediately ask for in house reservations. They will be the only ones to know what you are talking about. Do not get transferred to Marriott.
Called the direct number at the top of this thread and just stayed on the line til I got guest services. Got it all taken care of very quickly. Thanks!

They did confirm that you do not need the names on the room to match your MDE - just the number of people in the room (and whether they are adult or child - children are under 18). He said I need to give it a couple days and then I should be able to get everything linked. Fingers crossed!

I am going to let my parents figure out the points situation themselves 😳

I didn't know that Picabu wasn't 24 hours anymore! My kids loved getting something to eat there after the parks closed. Do you think thats a permanent change? I see that Fuel is now open until 2:00 a.m. and they used to close at 10:00 pm , correct?

I didn't know that Picabu wasn't 24 hours anymore! My kids loved getting something to eat there after the parks closed. Do you think thats a permanent change? I see that Fuel is now open until 2:00 a.m. and they used to close at 10:00 pm , correct?
Yes. That was disappointing for us too! I’m not sure if it’s a permanent change though. And yes. Fuel is open until 2:00 a.m. I also learned that you can use the refillable mug there even though it’s not listed as an official option in the advertising/info. literature.

This is correct. It’s no longer 24 hours. Though it might be temporary during “off” season.

Can you get a refillable mug at the Swan, and is there an option for coffee there? My first stay at the Swan in a number of years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter