Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I got the same email as @Lucky'sMom. My reservation is 24-29 July but the email doesn't mention that the resort is closed until 29 July. You'd think Marriott would mention that key piece of information.

Good afternoon everyone,

My girlfriend and I have booked to stay at the Walt Disney World Dolphin. We booked this package through British Airways.

We have booked our park tickets with another provider.

Please could someone let me know how you link the hotel reservation to the My Disney Experience. BA have provided me with a hotel confirmation number but this does not link successfully.

Tickets are all linked.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I got the same email as @Lucky'sMom. My reservation is 24-29 July but the email doesn't mention that the resort is closed until 29 July. You'd think Marriott would mention that key piece of information.
I can think of two reasons why they didn't:
The extended closure decision was just made this week, so not specifying dates allows them additional flexibility that Marriott apparently feels necessary.
The current opening date actually has no impact on your stay, which ends the day the hotels reopen.
Third reason, the correspondence poste by @Lucky'sMom also specifies no dates, indicating to me that they're not offering this information to anyone

Good afternoon everyone,

My girlfriend and I have booked to stay at the Walt Disney World Dolphin. We booked this package through British Airways.

Please could someone let me know how you link the hotel reservation to the My Disney Experience. BA have provided me with a hotel confirmation number but this does not link successfully.

Tickets are all linked.

I made a Priceline reservation for the Swan one time. Priceline's confirmation did not link to MDE. I had to call them and ask for the confirmation code that would link. I guess if I were you, I would call British Airways and ask for that? I don't think calling the Dolphin would help, but if someone else knows differently, hopefully they chime in.

...My girlfriend and I have booked to stay at the Walt Disney World Dolphin. We booked this package through British Airways...

...Please could someone let me know how you link the hotel reservation to the My Disney Experience. BA have provided me with a hotel confirmation number but this does not link successfully...
Here is a page that S/D has about linking MDE that might help you out. If it does not there are #s for S/D.

Good afternoon everyone,

Tickets are all linked.

From personal experience, the most common issues with linking Swan/Dolphin are:
  • It can take up to 72 hours for the Swan/Dolphin system to sync up with the Disney system, so if you just bought your package, wait a few days, and try again.
  • Often, when booking through a 3rd party, their confirmation # won't link in MDE. In this case, you need to call the Swan or Dolphin directly and ask them for the confirmation # in their system. That should link to MDE; if not, first refer to the above point, and if it's been more than a few days since you booked, it might help to call Disney customer service, and they should be able to help you get it linked.

I do wonder how the MLS and Marriott have worked it out. Are they taking up both the swan and dolphin? As teams get eliminated and sent home will they move people around and eventually put everyone at the swan? It would make sense seeing as you can book at Dolphin starting on July 29th but not the swan until August 12th. Just some thoughts I have.

I do wonder how the MLS and Marriott have worked it out. Are they taking up both the swan and dolphin? As teams get eliminated and sent home will they move people around and eventually put everyone at the swan? It would make sense seeing as you can book at Dolphin starting on July 29th but not the swan until August 12th. Just some thoughts I have.
That does make sense, and the dates line up with tournament eliminations. The "round of 16" ends July 28, so by July 29 only 8 teams will be left on property and could easily be consolidated at the Swan, and the tournament final is August 11, freeing up the Swan to regular guests by August 12.

The current opening date actually has no impact on your stay, which ends the day the hotels reopen.

My reservations at the Swan are for 24-29 July . Swan is closed until 29 July so how do I check-in on 24 July? Am I misreading something about the closure? I've sent them an email so awaiting their reply.

My reservations at the Swan are for 24-29 July . Swan is closed until 29 July so how do I check-in on 24 July? Am I misreading something about the closure? I've sent them an email so awaiting their reply.
MLS has bought out the Swan and Dolphin for that time period. I would not wait for email response, but rather call them at 888-828-8850, if you have a paid stay (not points).

I called recently. The website mentioned closure is for new reservations. All existing reservations before July 29th will be honored. Per the Swan/Dolphin the double confirmation is because they are afraid of last minute cancellations.

I called recently. The website mentioned closure is for new reservations. All existing reservations before July 29th will be honored. Per the Swan/Dolphin the double confirmation is because they are afraid of last minute cancellations.
I'm jealous! I would LOVE to hang out at the Swan with the MLS players lol.

Anyone cancelled recently and already received their deposit refund? How long did it take? Two weeks ago, I canceled my Thanksgiving reservation (for 6 nights) and I still haven’t received my refund. I know the website says up to 90 days, but really? Now that they have announced the MLS deal and have lots of other refunds to issue, I hope I am not waiting that long. We decided to cancel because DH and I decided we didn’t like the idea of Marriott having our money ( prepaid in full but fully refundable) and not knowing if we will even get into the parks. I also have an ASMo reservation for two rooms for the same time. We don’t have park tickets yet, so we are in limbo as to what to expect. I decided to just keep the ASMo reservations b/c it is a lot less of a deposit than our Dolphin ressie.

That is surprising that MLS is okay with having “outsiders,” who they have no control over, stay in the same hotel as the teams, coaches, support staff, etc.

I wonder if a few floors or either the east or west wing will be blocked off, to keep separation. Blocking off a wing at the Swan means MLS and the public would use separate elevators.

Has there been any communication about guests at the Swan/Dolphin needing to wear face coverings, except while inside a guest room (like Disney’s announced policy)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter