Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Can you use Marriott gift cards at Fuel and the restaurants inside the Swan and Dolphin? I assume I can use them to pay for my room.

So I went for it and booked the first week in August at Dolphin resort. They had plenty of availability, it was relatively cheap, and I am able to cancel up to 24hrs prior. Now all I have to do is renew my AP when it expires the end of June and hope to score park reservations for multiple days. I’ve decided that if I am only able to reserve 1 or 2 days then I will just cancel the trip.

do you remember how long it took to be able to link your reservation? I have a res for the Dolphin and the website is telling me up to 72 hours but I’ve previously booked Coronado and Pop through Priceline and I seem to remember it being pretty quick. It was, at most, 24 hours. It’s been 24 hours now and I’m anxious to be able to link. I was also wondering if you were able to use the confirmation number found on your Priceline reservation (what I’ve used before) to link or if you needed a different number.

do you remember how long it took to be able to link your reservation? I have a res for the Dolphin and the website is telling me up to 72 hours but I’ve previously booked Coronado and Pop through Priceline and I seem to remember it being pretty quick. It was, at most, 24 hours. It’s been 24 hours now and I’m anxious to be able to link. I was also wondering if you were able to use the confirmation number found on your Priceline reservation (what I’ve used before) to link or if you needed a different number.
I got nervous as well when it wouldn’t let me link my reservation at first but after about 2 days it let me put it in!

I called recently. The website mentioned closure is for new reservations. All existing reservations before July 29th will be honored. Per the Swan/Dolphin the double confirmation is because they are afraid of last minute cancellations.
Thanks for the info! The Swan still hasn't replied to my email, but my reservation hasn't been cancelled so all is well.

I don't have any recent experience yet, the normal process it that once you have the correct confirmation that MDE will recognize you can link it within MDE. The general rule is that it can take 23-48 hours for the Marriott link to be active after you make a reservation.

You should always be able to find the likable confirmation for within the Marriott reservation system. Here is a link for the Swan & Dolphin that has some information about MDE and confirmation number linking. For now we just have to ignore the references to FP+ as that is on hold.

https://swandolphin.com/aboutus/fastpass-tips.html

As always if you have problems please call the resort directly at 1-800-227-1500.

Dave

With the recently announced Park reservation system, you can make reservations starting on June 22: "Beginning June 22, 2020, Disney Resort and other select hotel Guests with valid theme park admission can make reservations." Do you thin the S&D falls into "select" hotels? I assume so but would like confirmation.

With the recently announced Park reservation system, you can make reservations starting on June 22: "Beginning June 22, 2020, Disney Resort and other select hotel Guests with valid theme park admission can make reservations." Do you thin the S&D falls into "select" hotels? I assume so but would like confirmation.
I believe so. I just received 2 emails (I have two reservations with them) from swan and dolphin about the park reservation system.

Yes, they are considered "select." As a matter of fact, I received an "urgent" email from the Swan/Dolphin, with Disney's new park reservation system info. That is more than I can say for Disney, as I never receive any emails from them besides resort reservations; that includes no AP email.

Anyone make a new Swan reservation lately? Wondering how long it has been taking to be able to link to MDE.

I made a reservation in late May that I had trouble linking. In the past it took 48 hours or less when I made the reservation directly through Marriott/Bonvoy. However, this time the reservation number wouldn't work. I finally got around to calling Disney earlier this week, and they had no record that the Swan had sent it over. The really helpful CM filled out a form that she sent over to Swan to get the number. She said Disney would take care of linking it and to keep checking MDE. Within 48 hours of my call the reservation wasn't linked but when I tried to link it myself it worked. I'm not sure if it's related to the current shutdown or a fluke.

Hi folks, I have an AP and just booked a room at the Dolphin for Labor Day weekend in case Disney doesn't release 2020 bookings in time. Even though this is just a backup reservation I'm actually really excited about the idea of being back at this resort! I grew up staying here on my family trips as a kid and have very fond memories of it. It's been ages though, back then it was still pretty new and they still had a tram taking the Crescent Lake resort guests to the IG!

I got a King room with a balcony since it's just me, figuring if I can't get into the parks at least I have a nice view. Those of you who've been recently, how are the new rooms and food options? And how does linking work for MDE, do you just use the reservation number? Thanks!

Hi folks, I have an AP and just booked a room at the Dolphin for Labor Day weekend in case Disney doesn't release 2020 bookings in time. Even though this is just a backup reservation I'm actually really excited about the idea of being back at this resort! I grew up staying here on my family trips as a kid and have very fond memories of it. It's been ages though, back then it was still pretty new and they still had a tram taking the Crescent Lake resort guests to the IG!

I got a King room with a balcony since it's just me, figuring if I can't get into the parks at least I have a nice view. Those of you who've been recently, how are the new rooms and food options? And how does linking work for MDE, do you just use the reservation number? Thanks!
Welcome over! It’s nice to see a familiar face from the CL and NBA threads.

We travel as an adult couple, no kids, and while I absolutely love the theming at Disney resorts, I also love the Dolphin. For the convenience you already know about from your family trips, there’s no beating the value. I find the Dolphin beds to beat any Disney bed I’ve ever slept in for comfort, and you’ve described a dreamy trip for me — spreading out in a king bed between cool, crisp sheets over Labor Day weekend. I’ve never sprung for a balcony but have passed plenty of time admiring the view from my windows at both the Swan and Dolphin. Crescent Lake’s twinkling resorts at night just exude magic. The pools are likewise excellent.

You can hardly beat the dining at the Swolphin - Picabu offers such great options all around the clock, the new Dolphin lobby bar provides a much more sophisticated place to relax, and Il Mulino remains at the top of my list for upscale but relaxed table service.

You won’t find kinder Disers than on this thread. Ask any questions! You may find you don’t want to give up your Dolphin reservation even if Disney resorts open up for new bookings in time 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter