Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Quick Question for the Swan/Dolphin Experts,
My credit card is showing a charge of $280 (Westin - Swan), when I made the room reservation with my AP discount a deposit was not charged contrary to the wording according to the website. The 280 amount was not listed in the amounts to be charged for a deposit. Is this normal for the hotel? This charge also occurred about 3 weeks after making the reservation.

Thanks for any insight - tried to call Marriott, but the representative could not connect me to the Swan.
Mine showed the same thing a few weeks after I made a reservation for December but never got any sort of email receipt or anything. I'm just going to make sure I bring proof of a deposit (a screenshot of the charge) when I go.

Mine showed the same thing a few weeks after I made a reservation for December but never got any sort of email receipt or anything. I'm just going to make sure I bring proof of a deposit (a screenshot of the charge) when I go.
Thanks so much for the information. I feel better, and will bring a copy of the credit card statement to confirm at the front desk during my stay. Have a fun and safe trip in December.

You could still just use Google Wallet as a stand alone, same as you would use anywhere with any credit card, You just would not use the Magic Mobile app to act as an intermediary.
Actually when I go into Mobile Magic this is what I see, because I linked my Google wallet. So if you wanted someone else to use your Google wallet, I would imagine that you could set their mde account up to do it through Mobile Magic if you wanted to. Still just guessing though.

But honestly, I think loading up some Mickey Gift Cards for use in the parks would be the way to go instead. Combine several smaller ones using https://www.disneygiftcard.com/

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221014-114108.png
    Screenshot_20221014-114108.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
So I am sure this has been answered somewhere in this thread but two questions for Swan:
1. I seem to recall room coffee makers are not Keurig but like a Mr Coffee with the slide in packets?
2. What time do Java/Fuel open in the mornings?

I drink decaf and sometimes hotels give less or replace less decaf. If they had Keurig I would just bring pods from home in my luggage. Wondering if it is those slide in packets if I can buy online and bring some of those. The difficulty of flying cross country! However generally an early riser so I could also hit Java/Fuel if they are open 5:30-6:00.

So I am sure this has been answered somewhere in this thread but two questions for Swan:
1. I seem to recall room coffee makers are not Keurig but like a Mr Coffee with the slide in packets?
2. What time do Java/Fuel open in the mornings?

I drink decaf and sometimes hotels give less or replace less decaf. If they had Keurig I would just bring pods from home in my luggage. Wondering if it is those slide in packets if I can buy online and bring some of those. The difficulty of flying cross country! However generally an early riser so I could also hit Java/Fuel if they are open 5:30-6:00.

Can you buy these online? They always give you more regular than decaf and I drink decaf.
Decaf drinker here. Housekeeping will give you as much decaf or regular that you want. Coffee is Starbucks.

Java and Fuel both open at 6 AM.

Happy to say we are staying at the Swan Oct. 31 to Nov. 4th. Going there after 2 days at the Yacht Club. (Fainting at that price but Swan was sold out the 29th)
Glad Dh got the senior citizen room discount.
Not happy about the non Disney buses since we always would fold up the wheelchair on the Disney busses.
Considering using Boardwalk for Disney bus.
What is the exact route from Swan for that?
Tia.

Happy to say we are staying at the Swan Oct. 31 to Nov. 4th. Going there after 2 days at the Yacht Club. (Fainting at that price but Swan was sold out the 29th)
Glad Dh got the senior citizen room discount.
Not happy about the non Disney buses since we always would fold up the wheelchair on the Disney busses.
Considering using Boardwalk for Disney bus.
What is the exact route from Swan for that?
Tia.
Sounds great, LMP! Have a great trip.

Why would you not be able to fold up the wheelchair on the current buses?

The route to the buses would be to go over to the BW itself, head up the walkway that would be just past the Screen Door. Up the ramp to be able to go inside the BW and walk through the lobby to the front of the BW. There should be guide signs to indicate 'this way to the buses'. Go out the front and there will be a covered walkway out to the bus pickup. Here is the route. I could not get the blue line to go to the covered walkway which is just to the right of the uncovered walkway indicated here.

1665886571363.png

Last edited:
We are quickly coming up on our 60 day point and the ability to make dining reservations! I have not yet bought our park tickets. It is my understanding that we don't need park tickets/reservations to make dining reservations. Can someone please verify this? I didn't get the usual Touring Plans email that my 60-day point is coming up so it's making me nervous! We are staying at the Dolphin and will be buying park tickets in the next couple weeks.

We are quickly coming up on our 60 day point and the ability to make dining reservations! I have not yet bought our park tickets. It is my understanding that we don't need park tickets/reservations to make dining reservations. Can someone please verify this? I didn't get the usual Touring Plans email that my 60-day point is coming up so it's making me nervous! We are staying at the Dolphin and will be buying park tickets in the next couple weeks.
You don’t need park tickets for ADRs

Can someone confirm my understanding of this could work for our next trip?
  • We are staying at the Dolphin
  • MB will NOT unlock resort room door
    • Marriott app WILL unlock resort room door
  • MB will NOT allow us to charge merch/food in parks to my resort bill
    • Magic Mobile (phone) WILL allow us to charge merch/food in parks to a credit card associated with My Disney Experience account
  • MB WILL allow us to get into the parks, tap in at lightning lanes
    • Magic Mobile (phone) will also allow us to get into the parks, tap in at lightning lanes
    • Physical card (ticket) will also allow us to get into the parks, tap in at lightning lanes
  • MB+ WILL allow us to do the interactive features in park
We have two teens going with us and I expect we may be doing separate things at some point so I want to be sure they are empowered.

Thanking in advance!
Since you cannot charge to Magic Mobile, with an iPhone you can either add money to their Apple Wallet Cash or add a credit card. Then they can pay using their phones. I assume Google Wallet acts the same way; we just use our iPhones for everything, so I am more familiar with Apple Pay in Wallet.

Wow you may want to hop on buying tickets and making park reservations. Things can change quickly. Noticed many sold out dates for the rest of October already for MK and HS

Wow you may want to hop on buying tickets and making park reservations. Things can change quickly. Noticed many sold out dates for the rest of October already for MK and HS
Thanks, you lit a fire under me. I wanted to wait to have some more rewards points on my Disney VISA. I had just looked yesterday and no days in November had sold out dates yet, but I just looked and there are some today, so I went ahead and bought tickets and reserved parks.

My next question - what is the best way to get from Dolphin to Wilderness Lodge? We do not have a dining reservation. I'm thinking either boat to DHS and bus to WL, or Minnie Van from Boardwalk?

Thanks, you lit a fire under me. I wanted to wait to have some more rewards points on my Disney VISA. I had just looked yesterday and no days in November had sold out dates yet, but I just looked and there are some today, so I went ahead and bought tickets and reserved parks.

My next question - what is the best way to get from Dolphin to Wilderness Lodge? We do not have a dining reservation. I'm thinking either boat to DHS and bus to WL, or Minnie Van from Boardwalk?
Others can probably advise you better since we haven’t been in over 10 years but for something like this if time was an issue I would Uber/Lyft. There was some stuff on the SwanAndDolphin thread about Minnie vans, not sure about pickup or return to those hotels. Search the thread.

I’d DHS/bus unless you want to save time and then MV it from YC or BWI.

Others can probably advise you better since we haven’t been in over 10 years but for something like this if time was an issue I would Uber/Lyft. There was some stuff on the SwanAndDolphin thread about Minnie vans, not sure about pickup or return to those hotels. Search the thread.
Your problem would be getting denied entry at WL due to not have an ADR at the resort and then your rideshare would have to drop you at TTC.

MVs do not service Swolphin. They do service Fantasia Mini Golf which is next door to Swan Reserve so that’s a workaround for SR guests sometimes to use MVs.

Hi all!
New to this particular thread.
I read the last 20 pages and looked at the first page a bit as well, but have a question- probably the first of many 😋.
I just made reservations for me and my sister to stay at The Swan next September with our focus being food and wine.
Due to health reasons, I made our reservation a package thru wdw (so we could cancel if needed and not be out $$ for tickets).
I’ve never done a package before, always did the room only (for room discounts) and got tickets from UT.
For all those saying they applied new discounts to their existing reservations thru the app, was that for room only reservations? If there is a discount for our week there would I have to call Disney to apply it?
Thanks for any help you can give.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter