Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi all!
New to this particular thread.
I read the last 20 pages and looked at the first page a bit as well, but have a question- probably the first of many 😋.
I just made reservations for me and my sister to stay at The Swan next September with our focus being food and wine.
Due to health reasons, I made our reservation a package thru wdw (so we could cancel if needed and not be out $$ for tickets).
I’ve never done a package before, always did the room only (for room discounts) and got tickets from UT.
For all those saying they applied new discounts to their existing reservations thru the app, was that for room only reservations? If there is a discount for our week there would I have to call Disney to apply it?
Thanks for any help you can give.
I can’t speak to the packages but many of us who are staying at Swolphin are Marriott members and using points or other Bonvoy discounts/free nights.

This would highly depend on your mode of transportation.
Busses. Disney added hours to MK and now the extra hours are from 11:00-1:00am. I'm wondering how many busses will be available at TCC. I know I can take busses to Yacht Club, but will the lobbies still be open to cut through?

You don't need to cut through the lobby... Here's the bus stop for Yacht Club and path to Dolphin/Swan, and the outside only path from Boardwalk to Dolphin/Swan (This involves steps but is all outdoors)
1666031378600.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-17 131128.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-10-17 131128.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot 2022-10-17 131330.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-10-17 131330.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Got an email saying guest names need to match the park reservations etc. Where would I check that since my da did the reservations but it’s Dh Marriott account.

Also seeing the map and pathway from Swan/Boardwalk for busses. Is there a way that requires no stairs since we will have the wheelchair?

Got an email saying guest names need to match the park reservations etc. Where would I check that since my da did the reservations but it’s Dh Marriott account.

Also seeing the map and pathway from Swan/Boardwalk for busses. Is there a way that requires no stairs since we will have the wheelchair?
If you do the Yacht Club, there wouldn't be stairs... it's a parking lot and sidewalk. Or if you can go through the lobby, they have a ramp in the back entrance of the lobby - front is ground level

Boardwalk wouldn't require stairs if you go though lobby using the ramp on the lake side... or use the little elevator inside the building that goes from lobby floor to ground level

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the lobby is always open - someone please correct me if I'm wrong... you should be able to go through either resort with a late night return

Last edited:

You just need to be sure that you have the correct numbers of people listed on the reservation. Then, when you link the reservation to your MDE account, it will ask you to "match" the name of the people in your friends and family to the names/number from your hotel reservation. For example, our reservation was through DH's Marriott account so only his name was listed but it was listed as "4 adults". When we linked it to our MDE account, I linked his full name to his name as listed in our MDE account, then indicated the other three adults were me, and our two sons who were already listed in my MDE account. Hope that helps. It's quite easy you just need to make sure the "count" on your hotel reservation is correct.

First stay at Swan in a couple weeks, we got a package directly from Disney. Has anyone had any issues with Genie+? We are able to book rides at 7am when staying at S/D correct?

If I can't book magical experiences like Savi's Workshop or dessert parties after midnight at the 60 day mark, does it mean I won't get the +10 for booking ADR's either at 6am? I am now 60 days out from my stay, and the app and website are not recognizing my Swan Reserve reservation, in order to book Savi's or Droid Depot after midnight. Do I have no choice but to wait until 7am to call? I'm hoping that miraculously it will start working at 6am.

If I can't book magical experiences like Savi's Workshop or dessert parties after midnight at the 60 day mark, does it mean I won't get the +10 for booking ADR's either at 6am? I am now 60 days out from my stay, and the app and website are not recognizing my Swan Reserve reservation, in order to book Savi's or Droid Depot after midnight. Do I have no choice but to wait until 7am to call? I'm hoping that miraculously it will start working at 6am.
Just as a follow-up to this post.........our Swan Reserve reservation was NOT recognized by the Disney reservation system. We had to book via chat (or wait until the phone lines opened at 7am). I've had success with Dolphin/Swan reservations, but this was my first attempt with Swan Reserve. The chat CM said that this is a known issue, but she didn't seem hopeful that the issue would be resolved.

Just as a follow-up to this post.........our Swan Reserve reservation was NOT recognized by the Disney reservation system. We had to book via chat (or wait until the phone lines opened at 7am). I've had success with Dolphin/Swan reservations, but this was my first attempt with Swan Reserve. The chat CM said that this is a known issue, but she didn't seem hopeful that the issue would be resolved.
I have heard others report the same about the Reserve. Hope you were able to book everything you wanted!

Reactions: CJK
I was just thinking about booking Individual Lightning lane rides at 7am. Will we be permitted with a Swan Reserve reservation???? If the ADR system didn't recognize the reservation, will Genie+??

I had the same issue with my Swan stay, although we were booked at the Swan Reserve first and then modified the reservation over to the Swan. It was booked via Disney. So maybe it was an issue since our original reservation was with the Reserve.

Does anyone have any insight into booking the King Alcove rooms? Are they typically released 350 days in advance like the standard rooms or is it later? I've been calling and there isn't any availability for this room type, not sure if they really are sold out or if they just haven't been released yet, the agent wasn't able to tell me. (I'm calling in-house reservations)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter