Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

How long is the shop in the Swan going to be closed for? Staying there next month, and wondering if I will have to go to the Dolphin to grab a few things.

Well it has been closed since last August, so many of us are hoping that in the next 30 days or so it will reopen. You can always take a short walk to the coffee shop on the way to the boat or even cross the walkway to the Dolphin (less than 3 minute walk).

Dave

@maxiesmom I don't think anyone here knows, even those that have been recently didn't get an opening date. Seems excessively long to be closed for any type of gift shop.

I see where it mentions them and where you can use them. How much are they? Thanks!
According to a post on Trip Advisor (from about 4 months ago) they are $18.99. I’m not 100% certain that poster was accurate due to the last few words of the post, “$18.99 for your entire length of stay at the Disney World resort.”

[URLunfurl="true"]https://www.tripadvisor.com/FAQ_Ans...uch_are_the_refillable_mugs_at_picabu_Is.html[/URL]

Also, found this photo on Yelp from about 7 months ago:
ADE55653-0058-4863-8CA8-99867671ECDC.jpeg

Last edited:
According to a post on Trip Advisor (from about 4 months ago) they are $18.99. I’m not 100% certain that poster was accurate due to the last few words of the post, “$18.99 for your entire length of stay at the Disney World resort.”

[URLunfurl="true"]https://www.tripadvisor.com/FAQ_Ans...uch_are_the_refillable_mugs_at_picabu_Is.html[/URL]

Also, found this photo on Yelp from about 7 months ago:
View attachment 420983
I thought I read that there is a hot cup as well (?)

Our Swan reservation appears to be all set:

We called the Swan back at 8:00 am this morning (got right through) and requested the code to link to MDE (we had called last Thursday to add our daughter to our reservation, I gave it a couple of days for the system to update.

I gave him the reservation number that we used last week and that had been provided by Priceline for our Swan reservation. He proceeds to tell me that it is not the reservation number that they have us under (but finds another one under my email address). He also states that he wasn't quite sure which code to give us for MDE and due to this gave us two to try; with the second one being the one that worked. This reservation code also allows me to now see our reservation under Marriott.

About an hour later the cancel reservation link re-appeared on MDE for our POFQ reservation. I was able to successfully cancel that reservation and everything else with our reservation appears to be fine (we had purchased our passes via UndercoverTourist, so our FPs were tied to those tickets).

Once again, thanks to everyone for contributing to this thread, there is a TON of helpful information.

Last edited:
Hello all, we just booked our first stay at the Swan through priceline express deals for the GE preview and are staying 8/16-8/18. A few questions I've tried to read through to get answers for but just want to make sure I have it right:

1) There are three of us in the room. Of course priceline everywhere said 2 people -- I need to call and add our third directly with the Swan Reservations, correct? If I understand correctly, this should run me $50 - $25pp/pd. Is that right?
2) We haven't linked to MDE yet because of course the 10-digit confirmation I got from priceline doesn't work. I called Disney wholesale but they said I have to call the Swan directly. Is this something I can do when I'm adding our person to the reservation?
3) Priceline did not show any resort fees -- they did on other (off property) hotels we looked at. Should I still expect to pay the $28/night fees when I get there, or are they already included in our express deal pricing?

Thanks in advance for any help! You guys are amazing.

Hello all, we just booked our first stay at the Swan through priceline express deals for the GE preview and are staying 8/16-8/18. A few questions I've tried to read through to get answers for but just want to make sure I have it right:

1) There are three of us in the room. Of course priceline everywhere said 2 people -- I need to call and add our third directly with the Swan Reservations, correct? If I understand correctly, this should run me $50 - $25pp/pd. Is that right?
2) We haven't linked to MDE yet because of course the 10-digit confirmation I got from priceline doesn't work. I called Disney wholesale but they said I have to call the Swan directly. Is this something I can do when I'm adding our person to the reservation?
3) Priceline did not show any resort fees -- they did on other (off property) hotels we looked at. Should I still expect to pay the $28/night fees when I get there, or are they already included in our express deal pricing?

1. If it's a child there is no additional room fee. For Adults there is, though I'm not sure what it is.

2. Call S/D directly, 407.934.4000 and ask for in-house reservations. They can provide the necessary code. I would do this AFTER adding the person to your room; in many cases people stated that it took a couple of days for the system to successfully add the additional person(s) to a room.

3. Swan charges a resort fee of 30 a night, plus tax. You pay that to the resort during check-in. It was not included with your express deal pricing.

Good luck.

The linking page to add resort reservations to MDE states:

It may take up to 72 hours before you're able to link a reservation to your account if staying at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel, Walt Disney World Swan Hotel, Shades of Green Resort or a hotel listed under "More Great Hotels" on our site.

Does anyone have experience requesting late checkout at Swan or Dolphin? I'm contemplating adding an extra night so we would have a place to go back to and to not have to be rushing at the crack of dawn. Our flight home is at 5pm on Labor Day, and we are planning to do the super early extra magic hours that morning. Either we'd have to have everything out before 5am, or make sure we're back before 11am.

So I thought about adding an extra night to check out Tuesday instead, but we'd be leaving Monday afternoon. Paying with AA points, so out of pocket would be the resort fee for the extra night.

Just wondering if I could save the points and hope for a 1pm or so checkout instead of 11am. I saw on that flyer posted a bit back it says its subject to availability and there is a charge. So has anyone done it?

I just went through this process. It was several days before the Swan had any record of our reservation. Honestly , I would give it a week and then call if you have the time to wait . Once you have waited several days , the Swan will have your reservation. That is when you can call and request to adjust the occupancy to account for a third person.

I added a child to our reservation. I don’t know if they will let you add a third adult or what the process is for that. On this same call they will be able to give you the MDE reservation number to link it. The agent told me to wait another 48 hours from that point to add it to MDE.

All in all, it was a lot of waiting. But I saved over $700 by booking through Priceline vs. directly with the Swan, so the somewhat convoluted process to get everything straightened out was worth it in the end.

Last edited:
Does anyone have experience requesting late checkout at Swan or Dolphin? I'm contemplating adding an extra night so we would have a place to go back to and to not have to be rushing at the crack of dawn. Our flight home is at 5pm on Labor Day, and we are planning to do the super early extra magic hours that morning. Either we'd have to have everything out before 5am, or make sure we're back before 11am.

So I thought about adding an extra night to check out Tuesday instead, but we'd be leaving Monday afternoon. Paying with AA points, so out of pocket would be the resort fee for the extra night.

Just wondering if I could save the points and hope for a 1pm or so checkout instead of 11am. I saw on that flyer posted a bit back it says its subject to availability and there is a charge. So has anyone done it?
Do you have elite status with Marriott? That can make a difference. Pre-Marriott, I sometimes could land a no-charge late checkout of 2:00 PM, with my gold status, but don't have any experience, since Marriott.

You can always politely ask for a 1:00 PM check-out, when you check-in; it is subject to availability. Your other option is to check your bags with bell services, when you leave in the morning, then pick them up before heading to the airport.

They will have so many rooms to turn with all of the Labor Day check-outs. It will probably depend on how many check-ins they have for that day.

Do you have elite status with Marriott? That can make a difference. Pre-Marriott, I sometimes could land a no-charge late checkout of 2:00 PM, with my gold status, but don't have any experience, since Marriott.

You can always politely ask for a 1:00 PM check-out, when you check-in; it is subject to availability. Your other option is to check your bags with bell services, when you leave in the morning, then pick them up before heading to the airport.

They will have so many rooms to turn with all of the Labor Day check-outs. It will probably depend on how many check-ins they have for that day.

Thanks. I think I have gold (the lowest). I'm sure it will be a very busy check out day. I was just trying to avoid dealing with bell services at 4am ish. I'll have to talk to my husband and decide what to do. Maybe we ask at checkin and if we can't have it, then we don't bother with the super early morning on Monday. We'll be doing it on Sunday for sure. Two days in a row might be too much for us to handle anyway.

@marsh0013 It never hurts to ask. Though I'm only Gold I've been active at that status for some time. I usually get a late request when I ask, meaning 11AM. A few times I've had later. Check when you check in and see, but if you don't then check in the morning before you leave. I prefer to do this face to face rather then over the phone.

@marsh0013 It never hurts to ask. Though I'm only Gold I've been active at that status for some time. I usually get a late request when I ask, meaning 11AM. A few times I've had later. Check when you check in and see, but if you don't then check in the morning before you leave. I prefer to do this face to face rather then over the phone.

I was wrong I think when it was Starwood maybe it was gold, or who knows, by I'm just silver which is nothing. Oh well. I'll ask anyway.

Does anyone know what the difference is between a Swan Deluxe Alcove room and a Dolphin Premium room? Both are about the same price, just trying to figure out if one is better than the other. From what I can tell, they're both large-ish rooms at 500sq ft.

I'm not sure about all the differences, but I believe the Dolphin does not offer a balcony for their (what use to be called family suites), and some of the ones at Swan do offer balconies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter