Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi all! I started another thread about tipping for luggage transfer. Someone said that Bell Services wasn't transferring to the Dolphin anymore. I assume that would also include the Swan. Anyone have recent experience with luggage transfer during a split stay?

You got some incorrect information. You can have your bags transferred for you between any WDW owned resort and both Swan/Dolphin.

This brings a good questions I have. Even if we stay at the swan, can we request a room and floor? If so should it be closer or further from the elevators?

Is picabu the restaurant of choice for morning breakfast or the medeteranian. Also in the omelette station will they make veg omelette with egg white only if requested.
We asked to be away from the elevators as we tend to sleep in. We were at the very end of the hall, but had a corner room, nice.

They will make anything you want, I would assume they have egg whites. We like Picaba as it was quick and we got out and on our way fast.

Saw a conference coming up there that I may be interested in attending. I’ll have to see if my boss will allow it. My conference is in November, and it hasn’t published dates yet. Just curious what others have paid for rooms at conference rates here. I know that they all vary, but I’m just Trying to gauge if I even have a shot at attending depending on cost.
A google found one conference in may had $239 per room single occupancy rates plus tax/resort fee. Another in July $179, another for Sept was $339, one in October is running $289.

What are the options for exiting the Dolphin aside from the main lobby to the valet area and down the escalators out to the boat?

We’ve stayed before but didn’t feel like we were using the most efficient routes out to the buses, boat & walk to parks, and over to the pools. Guess we were overwhelmed. Any pro tips are appreciated!

Are the sleeper sofas at the Dolphin comfortable? I just tend to associate sleeper sofas with that painful bar across the middle.

Are the sleeper sofas at the Dolphin comfortable? I just tend to associate sleeper sofas with that painful bar across the middle.

When we got one, I didn't sleep on it, my son did. He said it was very nice. I laid on it, and expected the metal bar ( I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.) I felt no metal bar. I doubt I would sleep on it, I mean, I pay for the rooms, and the vacations - I'm allowed a perk, right? My son had no issues, and actually liked it. He doesn't weigh a lot, so - just a data point.

What are the options for exiting the Dolphin aside from the main lobby to the valet area and down the escalators out to the boat?

We’ve stayed before but didn’t feel like we were using the most efficient routes out to the buses, boat & walk to parks, and over to the pools. Guess we were overwhelmed. Any pro tips are appreciated!

Well, it would depend on where you are coming from, I guess?

The ground level hallways are a bit ...um...not even sure of the word. I think it's the tile motif that throws me off.
But, I don't have any issues anymore.
One pro tip: There's an escalator to the bus queue just next to the entrance to the seating area of Picabu. There's a sign on the wall for it, but if you are not looking for it, you'll walk right by.

There's also a walking path up to the bus queue just outside the entrance near the healthclub.

Well, it would depend on where you are coming from, I guess?

The ground level hallways are a bit ...um...not even sure of the word. I think it's the tile motif that throws me off.
But, I don't have any issues anymore.
One pro tip: There's an escalator to the bus queue just next to the entrance to the seating area of Picabu. There's a sign on the wall for it, but if you are not looking for it, you'll walk right by.

There's also a walking path up to the bus queue just outside the entrance near the healthclub.

Those are both excellent tips. We definitely got lost on the ground floor. Thanks, Chris!

Does anyone know if there is an exit from the other side, toward the Yacht Club? Curious is there's a way to bypass the bridge to the Boardwalk.

Those are both excellent tips. We definitely got lost on the ground floor. Thanks, Chris!

Does anyone know if there is an exit from the other side, toward the Yacht Club? Curious is there's a way to bypass the bridge to the Boardwalk.

I can almost guarantee there is. We walked to Ep that way last time. I walked right on the path next to the fake boat. I can't 125% remember, but I think we'd HAVE to skip the bridge to walk past the fake shipwrecked boat. I think google maps told us it was quicker that way.

Has anyone there now seen any SWGE info yet?

I am seeing reports of flyers in the rooms and sandwich boards in resort lobbies. Just checking if anyone has images of those things.

Is being close to the gym because it’s quieter?

This brings a good questions I have. Even if we stay at the swan, can we request a room and floor? If so should it be closer or further from the elevators?

Is picabu the restaurant of choice for morning breakfast or the medeteranian. Also in the omelette station will they make veg omelette with egg white only if requested.

Also, read in the article that the medeterian makes fresh Mickey waffles if requested, this would be awesome for the kids.

Close to the gym for using it.
It just so happens that the Gym at Dolphin is very close to their lap pool, which is just a few steps away from the rest of the pool system. Picabu is just down the hall a bit from the gym. The resort entrance by the gym has kind of a hidden walking path to the bus queue, and Picabu has an escalator to the bus queue.

Staying near or far from elevators is personal preference. I don't like the hallway traffic noise, and the "ding" notifications, so I prefer to be further away.

Picabu or Fresh Med would also be a choice for you to make depending on what you want.
Picabu is more of a no frills quick grill / cafeteria - more budget friendly.

We asked to be away from the elevators as we tend to sleep in. We were at the very end of the hall, but had a corner room, nice.

They will make anything you want, I would assume they have egg whites. We like Picaba as it was quick and we got out and on our way fast.

A google found one conference in may had $239 per room single occupancy rates plus tax/resort fee. Another in July $179, another for Sept was $339, one in October is running $289.
Thank you!
They just actually published mine. $222/night plus $15 for resort fee (not the full $34).
I thought it was steep for a conference but considering these other rates, it’s not too shabby.

I’m also wondering if I can request a room at Swan instead of Dolphin even though the rate covers Dolphin.
Has anyone had any luck with this?

We might visit WDW August, 2020 and I am thinking of doing a split stay at a MK monorail resort and Dolphin (family of 5). I have the Marriott bonvoy card and when I put in dates today to see how many points the reservation would be, it said the hotel is not taking points??? WTH? Is this because of Star Wars Land? The cash price with resort fee was almost $400/night. Not many years back, we could get a government rate for around $200/night.

I was wondering the same exact thing. We’ve only eaten there once this week and we bought a refillable mug that time. I thought maybe the service fee was tacked on to the mug purchase, but clearly after reading your post I was wrong.

Edit: after reading subsequent posts, it makes sense that the service fee would be attributed to the staff’s bussing of tables.

It's just kind of odd because in all of Disney, I don't know of any counter service charging a service fee. I think any counter service restaurant people go to, the majority clean up after themselves (throw away their garbage etc) and I have never encountered having to pay a fee. Do they do anything different then a regular counter service?

Last edited:
I’m also wondering if I can request a room at Swan instead of Dolphin even though the rate covers Dolphin.
Doubtful, but never hurts to ask. Call 407.934.4000 and ask for in-house reservations. The reason I say doubtful is there are some small differences between the two, dolphin double beds/1 sink, swan queen beds/2 sinks. But if you don't ask you'll never know.
We might visit WDW August, 2020 and I am thinking of doing a split stay at a MK monorail resort and Dolphin (family of 5). I have the Marriott bonvoy card and when I put in dates today to see how many points the reservation would be, it said the hotel is not taking points??? WTH? Is this because of Star Wars Land? The cash price with resort fee was almost $400/night. Not many years back, we could get a government rate for around $200/night.
Several reasons, SWGE, conferences, and the overall change with Marriott. They have always limited how many nights can be used on points, but seems Marriott made other changes such as increasing the point value dramatically and very soon they will begin variable points, lower in the off season. Plus August 2020 is at the edge of their booking window, they may not have released any points nights yet, or they have a conference booked and thus limited room supply.
It's just kind of odd because in all of Disney, I don't know of any counter service charging a service fee. I think any counter service restaurant people go to, the majority clean up after themselves (throw away their garbage etc) and I have never encountered having to pay a fee. Do they do anything different then a regular counter service?
Keep in mind that S/D is a conference hotel too so they cater to conference attendees, and one reason they have the largest number of high end restaurants. Unlike Disney you can get a AAA Discount at non-signature locations like Fountain, Fresh, Garden Grove, Picabu, the discount is running 20%. I'm no fan of the service charge, but it is what it is.

Just wanted to drop our review/experience for anyone else traveling in a group of three adults. We booked the Swan for a weekend off a priceline express deal for the GE preview event. Got it for $104/nt. Of course, priceline said everywhere the room was for 2 adults and we were requesting one bed. I called the Swan, but the reservation hadn't shown up yet. I waited a few days, called Disney Wholesale for our MDE number, they (while impressed I had called the right number) said I had to call the Swan directly again. A few more calls back and forth from the Swan (I kept missing their reservations people), and we got my mother added to our reservation. They did not charge the $25/per night fee. Not sure if that was just some pixie dust, or if it's more of a wink and a nudge charge. Plane was delayed and we arrived well after our projected check in time but they were kind and accommodating. The staff was wonderful, the beds were comfortable and the location was perfect. We did get charged the resort fee for the Swan. We will definitely be back, especially if we can get this one for cheaper than a value! It was lovely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter