Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

They should put you up at the Swan or Dolphin, there is no chance (or at lease a very slim chance) they would put you up at a Disney hotel. I suppose it could be the JW Marriott but I doubt that as well since its own by a different group then the S/D.

As much as I love, love, love the JW Marriot (the rooms, the staff, the service are all amazing), I would not consider it a comparable property when it comes to BENEFITS as it doesn't participate in early entry or late night access.

@TexanInTheMidwest exactly, location and benefits are what makes SDR what it is. I think they have not been filling SD until the new SR is fully open, the higher up's have to know the delay issues. Just sad they are playing this game.

As much as I love, love, love the JW Marriot (the rooms, the staff, the service are all amazing), I would not consider it a comparable property when it comes to BENEFITS as it doesn't participate in early entry or late night access.
I’ve always wanted to give the JW or the WA a shot, but not on this trip. I’m going down for the W&D half marathon and the entire trip is centered around that. 2:30 AM runner busses and all.

I’ve always wanted to give the JW or the WA a shot, but not on this trip. I’m going down for the W&D half marathon and the entire trip is centered around that. 2:30 AM runner busses and all.

I've stayed at the JW in April and again early September and it really is my favorite as far as comfort, spaciousness, and service. But needing to ride the bus is a pain.... Back in April, I was with a friend who had a car. And in September, it was the last few nights of a 2 week trip and I spent most of my time at the resort.

I would do it again if I had a car, was going with someone that doesn't want to rope drop, when I wanted a more laid back trip that's more resort focused, or like I did in September - as a rest at the end of a bunch of busy days. They offer AP discount as well...

I've stayed at the JW in April and again early September and it really is my favorite as far as comfort, spaciousness, and service. But needing to ride the bus is a pain.... Back in April, I was with a friend who had a car. And in September, it was the last few nights of a 2 week trip and I spent most of my time at the resort.

I would do it again if I had a car, was going with someone that doesn't want to rope drop, when I wanted a more laid back trip that's more resort focused, or like I did in September - as a rest at the end of a bunch of busy days. They offer AP discount as well...
Thanks! Do you know the AP rate code? I couldn’t find it on their site.

Is anyone else less than enamored with the room decor in this two bedroom family suite at the Reserve? How about the artwork on the walls - especially above the King bed???

1635474004431.png1635474044913.png1635474152087.png1635474278328.pngPhoto credit:
Brooke Geiger McDonald

Not very amazing for sure, I do wonder if supply issues may have impacted that... at least that's what I hope.

I have 2 reservations right now for myself, husband, and 20 year old daughter. One in a traditional Swan Room no view and the other is a room at the JW Marriott. The Swan is about $250 more. Someone had mentioned to me today they dont recommend the Swan because of the rooms. Not sure what that means, but are they outdated and in bad shape? We will be there over Thanksgiving week and are just really unsure what to do..... We would like a nice room though.

Last edited:
Odd, I love the Swan Rooms myself. Yes JW Marriott is newer but the location of SwanDolphin is way better IMHO. You are a brief walk or boat ride from DHS & Epcot. Some amazing food options at SD as well.

In 2017 we had a wonderful corner room at the Swan, not a wonderful view if you want to see fireworks but it was amazingly peaceful and we enjoyed it.
IMG_6550.jpeg

Odd, I love the Swan Rooms myself. Yes JW Marriott is newer but the location of SwanDolphin is way better IMHO. You are a brief walk or boat ride from DHS & Epcot. Some amazing food options at SD as well.

In 2017 we had a wonderful corner room at the Swan, not a wonderful view if you want to see fireworks but it was amazingly peaceful and we enjoyed it.
View attachment 617332
It’s also a 5 minute walk to the Boardwalk for more restaurants and activities.

I believe that the only bus transportation at the JW Marriott is to DS, where you can transfer to other buses. The Swan has buses to the MK (via TTC) and AK, and the Friendship boats or a short walk get you to DHS and EP.

Does anyone do things to “Disneyfy” your room at S/D? Are there things that you can do to carry the immersive Disney feeling with you into your room? The resorts look very nice and the location is great! I’d love to stay there next year, but am worried I will miss the “bubble” feeling of the Disney resorts.

@JoJoGirl we never have. We go for the parks for our Disney kick, not the resorts really. At Christmas we brought a small tree, that was about it Now without our kids I sort of prefer the break, but to be honest so many of Disney's own resort hotels have washed the Disney out of the rooms I'm not sure I really notice that much anyway. Maybe at some of the new rooms at the Poly or CR. If you want to go for it, but I'd only bring things I could set around the room not things sticking to the walls or windows etc. Just my .02¢

I’ve seen JW busses at the AK stop, so I know they go there. Can’t say about anyplace else. The Swan rooms are nice. I’d put them pretty much on par with a middle-of-the road Westin room (which is what the Swan is, at the end of the day). They are head and shoulders above any of the “moderate” resort rooms I’ve stayed in, and nicer than the room I had at the Poly, the one time I stayed there (to be fair, it was before the refurb). The location can’t be beat, unless you MUST be as close as possible to MK. If you’re ok with a short monorail or boat ride, or a short walk from TTC, or don’t mind walking over to Boardwalk or YCBC, then the transportation is fine - don’t be frightened by it not being “Disney”. It takes just as long as the Disney busses used to take.

This will be our first Dolphin stay - August 1-11. The price was so much better than our usual stay at YC/BC.

Quick question - can you do online check in at the Dolphin?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter