Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

There is a door, but I'm not sure there's a way to get in. We went a few weeks ago and decided to check out the Dolphin looking for good room locations and while we could see a door there, we didn't see a key card or even a door handle. When we went inside, I think it was an emergency door for a fire exit. I didn't spend a ton of time looking, but it didn't seem that it was a door in use really. Has anyone here stayed and used this door? It would be great for access, but I couldn't find anything.

The doors at the end of wings are strictly for egress in case of an emergency and are marked as such inside. A bell services person indicated that no alarms would sound it we chose to use it as an exit BUT you can't use it as an entrance. You cannot re-enter them if you choose to use it as an exit.

We are staying at the Dolphin over Spring Break, including Easter. Does anyone recall if they have any Easter Day events at the resort?

We're still at the Dolphin and loving it. My partner wants to come back before Christmas, but there is very little availability at any of the SD resorts. I'm thinking of renting a DVC studio instead, but I know it'll be a bit of a downgrade (we're in a Premium Deluxe King room, where it's pretty much a one bedroom without doors separating the living and sleeping areas). Any guesses on the likelihood of more rooms opening up for the first two weeks of December?

There are rooms on the lobby floor in both the west and east wings. In those wings, there are two floors of rooms below the lobby level. Dolphin is definitely huge and sprawling.
HI Tess.

If you look at this link (I linked it earlier here), when you say the east and west wings, are you talking about the 4 wings coming out from the main structure, or the structure itself? Looking at the linked image, it would look like there are not windows for those floors, 1 and 2, Looks like boxes, portholes and x's. I am so confused, LOL. You can move that anyway you want.

https://goo.gl/maps/oygDuJC5yDiGD6m88

My ADR day was 3/12/22 and I had the same issue. The bolded work around was how I got in to reservations for the length of my stay. This is not just a Dolphin/Swan/SR issue--we are staying at BWV. I could not search by restaurant and if I tried to do it that way--only one day was available to me. When I searched the main restaurant page and used the calendar at the top of the page--all dates were then available.

As mentioned. Work-arounds do work for the Disney resorts not the marriotts. I’m just providing info for those planning a stay in the near future. Plan on calling in. My 60-day window was last Monday. I still can only access one day at a time to even “modify” the reservations made by phone. The CM had to manually link each one. Trust me. In the hour waiting for the phones to open, I tried every system, platform, and link — it’s still not working today & CM told me i would have to call back to do anything else until 60 days open for each day.

We're still at the Dolphin and loving it. My partner wants to come back before Christmas, but there is very little availability at any of the SD resorts. I'm thinking of renting a DVC studio instead, but I know it'll be a bit of a downgrade (we're in a Premium Deluxe King room, where it's pretty much a one bedroom without doors separating the living and sleeping areas). Any guesses on the likelihood of more rooms opening up for the first two weeks of December?
Mind if I ask how much you paid for that room type? We just got back and had that room I think - it was around $400

Mind if I ask how much you paid for that room type? We just got back and had that room I think - it was around $400

Don't mind at all - from memory was just under $400pn before they added all the taxes and fees. Just checked my receipt and it was $4655 all said and done.

ETA - for 10 nights.

Last edited:
The kids often like just having muffins for breakfast. Partial to good old
chocolate chip, and also just chocolate. For early starts, I’m thinking I can get up early and grab some of the goods and just have that ready in the room. Where would I go to go grab those?

Java in the Swan might have what you want: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/swan-hotel/java-bar/menus/
Fuel in the Dolphin: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/dolphin-hotel/fuel/menus/

The kids often like just having muffins for breakfast. Partial to good old
chocolate chip, and also just chocolate. For early starts, I’m thinking I can get up early and grab some of the goods and just have that ready in the room. Where would I go to go grab those?

HI Tess.

If you look at this link (I linked it earlier here), when you say the east and west wings, are you talking about the 4 wings coming out from the main structure, or the structure itself? Looking at the linked image, it would look like there are not windows for those floors, 1 and 2, Looks like boxes, portholes and x's. I am so confused, LOL. You can move that anyway you want.

https://goo.gl/maps/oygDuJC5yDiGD6m88

It would be the length of the wings from the Central tower (lobby area). We have stayed in a first floor room in the east wing (I go by the names assigned to the elevator banks--east, central and west). The first/second floor rooms on the west end (closest to the lap pool) are limited to the area that juts out in a north/south direction. There are third floor (lobby level) rooms at that end down a somewhat secluded hallway off the entrance/lobby area. We have also had a room there. Third floor (lobby level) at the east end are X and O windows, but we have also had rooms at that end on that floor.

You need to take the elevator or stairs down to the lower floors on the east end and west end.

I hope that helps your understanding Dan.

It would be the length of the wings from the Central tower (lobby area). We have stayed in a first floor room in the east wing (I go by the names assigned to the elevator banks--east, central and west). The first/second floor rooms on the west end (closest to the lap pool) are limited to the area that juts out in a north/south direction. There are third floor (lobby level) rooms at that end down a somewhat secluded hallway off the entrance/lobby area. We have also had a room there. Third floor (lobby level) at the east end are X and O windows, but we have also had rooms at that end on that floor.

You need to take the elevator or stairs down to the lower floors on the east end and west end.

I hope that helps your understanding Dan.
This calls for an educational update visit for me to the Dolphin while I'm there at the Swan on my next trip, whenever that will be. :teacher: Thanks, Tess.

How does the voucher work for Amare? We’ve done garden grove and fresh the last 2 days.

is it a buffet?
It’s a Buffet. The voucher is good for the basic Continental breakfast buffet and then you can pay I think $12 more to upgrade for the full Buffet.

for whatever reason - I cannot wrap my head around what might be the best way to get groceries - not a lot, maybe some juice and breakfast items and snacks. What have you all done recently? I'm trying to figure out how to stay away from a receiving fee from the hotel. We will not have a car. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Checking out this morning on what has been an excellent 9/10 nights at the Dolphin.

Loved our premium deluxe king room. It looked straight out into the Swan, and it was nice to have three big windows to watch all the crazy weather during our stay. Last night there was an impressive lightning show that went for a good hour or so. Only complaint i have is there is one lonely towel hook in the bathroom. For a room that could hold four or more, it was odd there weren't more. But with the little closet right outside the bathroom, we just hung excess towels on coat hangers.

The food here is excellent. Shula's, of course, but also The Fountain, Fuel, Picabu (actually good scrambled eggs at a buffet!).

Housekeeping came twice during our stay, and we could have asked for more, but we had so much space it was pretty easy to keep the room tidy. Oh one weird thing was the various brands of toiletries we were receiving. I think i counted six different brands, and it kinda felt like we were getting what other guests left behind 😆

Transportation is... So so. HS and EPCOT are a breeze when the boats are running, but Disney seems pretty quick to shut them down in bad weather. One day it had just started raining when we got in line and they called off the boats. They're... Boats... Pretty sure they can deal with a little water 😆 we did get caught at epcot in that big storm last Monday night and had to wade through almost knee deep water on the walk back to the hotel - between epcot and the boardwalk there was a section that dips and it was all backed up. So gross. We were soaked by the time we got back, but Dolphin handled it well with slip resistant mats at the back entrance and a desk with someone handing out towels for those returning and umbrellas for those brave enough to go out. They even took our $12 a piece ponchos because they were trashed by the time we got back.

Magic Kingdom transportation is a pain, but manageable. It is annoying that it feels like taking a gamble... Do we walk or boat to BW or BC? And when we get there, is it going to be another half hour wait until a bus shows up? Coming back is fine, but getting there, i think we'll stick to lyft.

Disney Springs transportation feels like a punishment for S&D not paying for Disney buses. It drops off on the west side, and you have to walk all along the back side of Cirque du Soleil and AMC, then through the parking lot, up to the second floor and across. One of the security guys that was directing people where to go mentioned taking the bus from the boardwalk, not only to avoid being dropped in this area, but that they run every half hour rather than every hour at the S&D. Not sure how accurate that is.

And speaking of transportation, the boats are not requiring masks at all, even though there are signs everywhere saying they do. The buses are strict on this fact, and the Disney buses we caught had a box of masks for those who forgot or lost theirs, but that wasn't the case for the S&D buses. I saw them turn people away, which is a bit mean. Having to trudge back to the hotel room or try and find a store to buy one from...

After all this, we've booked in to stay at the Swan for December and are really looking forward to coming back. One thing i really hope they bring back before then is shipping purchases back to the hotel. Carrying around bags of goodies on a hot day is no fun, and we probably would have bought more if this was available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter