Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Strangely, I talked to the Marriott Customer Service after attempting to call the Dolphin hotel directly (and after being on hold for 30 mins, it transferred me to Marriott Customer Service???) - and initially was put on hold while the CS agent talked to their supervisor about any changes in cancellation policy at Swan and Dolphin and was told no that there is no change. I then questioned that policy because flights are being cancelled and I may not be able to physically make it to the hotel and was put on hold again so the CS could talk to a supervisor and was then told that the hotel is waiving cancellation fees but they are open. Weird that the first time was no, second time was yes.

Definitely texting the hotel via the app to get the response in writing.

@Liquidice I'm not surprised about the confusion, all of this is rapidly changing and communication between Disney/SwanDolphin/Marriott and the various Government Agencies. Glad you got things worked out!

My guess is that since the damage that the hurricane going to do will end up being filed against insurance policy for damage and loss of business they are all trying to CYA and get the Government agencies to shut things down. Creates a lot of confusion.

Not for S/D/R though.

A suggestion has been made to use the Fantasia mini golf as a pick up/drop off for MV. However, be aware of the closing time of that location, not good for late returns from the parks.
I saw people being dropped off there way into the nighttime a few weeks ago so idk if the app is smart enough to know that the golf place is closed?

Has anyone ridden out a storm in the Swan? Just wondering what to expect. We hopefully check in tomorrow but are scheduled to be at Boardwalk Thursday. We fly in tonight and I’ve scheduled an Uber to get us from our airport hotel to Swan at 8 AM. Here’s hoping it all works out for us but more importantly everyone in the impacted areas!

ETA: I’m from a hurricane-prone area so I know what to expect in a hurricane…which is to expect that the forecast will change 1000 times lol. Just wondering about food, activities, etc. We packed some snacks and a whole suitcase of water bottles!

Last edited:
I saw people being dropped off there way into the nighttime a few weeks ago so idk if the app is smart enough to know that the golf place is closed?
It would not work (Labor Day weekend), when Fantasia Golf was closed for a late night return to the Swan Reserve. You can use the Boardwalk and walk around Crescent Lake. Glad it worked for some, but that was my experience.

For those who have stayed at Swan / Dolphin, do you miss it not being a Disney owned resort?

We are trying to figure out our stay right before Christmas. We have a week at Poly on DVC points, but the change in the walking path takes away one of our favorite parts of Poly. We were able to secure a great rate at Dolphin but we are not sure how we'll feel about not being in a Disney resort.

For those who have stayed at Swan / Dolphin, do you miss it not being a Disney owned resort?

We are trying to figure out our stay right before Christmas. We have a week at Poly on DVC points, but the change in the walking path takes away one of our favorite parts of Poly. We were able to secure a great rate at Dolphin but we are not sure how we'll feel about not being in a Disney resort.
In all honesty, the Disney resorts have very little real Disney bubble theming anymore. Other than the values, which to me seem a little bit over the top, but that's just me. I love the Yacht/Beach Club, but the price has gotten to the point where if I want to go to Disney and I want to stay in a nice resort, I just can't afford Y&B Club every trip. Dolphin and Swan filled the gap very nicely.

In all honesty, the Disney resorts have very little real Disney bubble theming anymore. Other than the values, which to me seem a little bit over the top, but that's just me. I love the Yacht/Beach Club, but the price has gotten to the point where if I want to go to Disney and I want to stay in a nice resort, I just can't afford Y&B Club every trip. Dolphin and Swan filled the gap very nicely.
Thanks for the input. We actually got a passholder rate at Dolphin that is a few dollars less than the passholder rate at Pop would have been for the same time of year, so it's hard to give up. But we've also always wanted a longer stay at Poly. Trying to talk ourselves out of one of the resorts :-)

With being able to walk, or take a nice boat ride, to both Epcot and The Studios, you're right in the middle of Disney. Also a very short walk to BW, Y&BC and Fantasia golf.

@kes601 honestly I really don't feel the Disney theming is that big of a deal to us (might be to some). For the amount of $ we can usually save I can do a lot of things at Disney that I'd normally be spending on a room. Just the fact that you noticed the pricing between Pop & Dolphin says a ton to me. For us the ability to be in the middle of DHS & Epcot at the price, it just can't be beat. Our very last trip we stayed at POFQ as prices at SD were running higher for the dates of our stay. We compared POFQ to SD a lot on that trip and by the end we said while it was great, location and food options at SD would have won out. I was very disappointed in the white washed lack of Disney theme in the POFQ rooms. While the grounds were great, the bus needs for all 4 parks was not.

So I do sometimes miss that vibe but my kids (teens) do prefer most of the disney moderates to Swan/Dolphin. I miss not being to use our MB at the resort and after a long day at MK, I do wish the bus situation wasn't what it is with having to use TTC. Of course, I would 100% prefer to stay at any of the boardwalk area resorts but the prices are bananas. I grew up going to WDW and always seeing the S/D and staying there, so even thought they're Marriott properties, they're a part of WDW in my view. Plus getting all the same deluxe benefits for disney moderate pricing is a huge perk imo.

Staying a Swan for a week in late October. Could not get first night so staying offsite. Decided to rent a car for one day to get to offsite hotel and then drive over to Swan early AM. Want to then head into Epcot until we need to return car to Hertz near Disney Springs at about 2:30. My question is what to do with car during day. If I park at Swan they will charge us $32. I was thinking of driving to main Epcot lot. Supposed to get free parking by showing Swan room key. But I won’t likely have a room yet even if checked in. How does that work? Also, if I’m not paying for parking at Swan will I still get free parking at Epcot? Lastly, how do I avoid getting charged for parking at Swan if I pull up in a car to unload luggage and check in? Thanks for any thoughts. -

Staying a Swan for a week in late October. Could not get first night so staying offsite. Decided to rent a car for one day to get to offsite hotel and then drive over to Swan early AM. Want to then head into Epcot until we need to return car to Hertz near Disney Springs at about 2:30. My question is what to do with car during day. If I park at Swan they will charge us $32. I was thinking of driving to main Epcot lot. Supposed to get free parking by showing Swan room key. But I won’t likely have a room yet even if checked in. How does that work? Also, if I’m not paying for parking at Swan will I still get free parking at Epcot? Lastly, how do I avoid getting charged for parking at Swan if I pull up in a car to unload luggage and check in? Thanks for any thoughts. -
You should not incur any fees for pulling up to unload luggage. As far as the rental, is it necessary just to get you from offsite hotel to Swan? I would think it would be a lot easier to uber over, drop bags at bell services and not have to mess with parking a car and renting a car for a few hours.

If you do go the rental route, ask the Swan front desk for a blank key to show the parking attendant. I've heard a few other people say that they've done that and it worked. I've not done it so not sure that's legit. I've also read on here that people show their MDE app with their hotel reservation to get free parking but again, I've never done it so not sure that it works.

Anyone with an upcoming stay at Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve get information if they're waiving their cancellation policy for the hurricane? We're supposed to check in on Thursday which is the worst day for the hurricane supposedly. Wanting to see if our travel plans get delayed if we can re-schedule or cancel without penalty.

I tried calling Marriott and they said no change in the cancellation policy but please call the hotel directly. I tried calling the hotel directly and after waiting on hold for 30 mins to talk to a reservation person, they transferred me to Marriott customer service - so round and round I go.

I wish they would have something posted on the Swan and Dolphin website.
I am supposed to be checking in to the Dolphin on Friday - we'll see if that still happens. The friend I am meeting there was supposed to arrive on Thursday. She was told all cancellation/change fees would be waived when she called to cancel Thursday night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter