Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Has anyone had an issue seeing their trip in the Bonvoy app? My reservations shows in Bonvoy online and in MDE, but I get an error when I look it up and try to add it to "my trips" in the Bonvoy app. I was hoping to make a room request in the app based on the great advice in JoJoGirl's post.

Has anyone had an issue seeing their trip in the Bonvoy app? My reservations shows in Bonvoy online and in MDE, but I get an error when I look it up and try to add it to "my trips" in the Bonvoy app. I was hoping to make a room request in the app based on the great advice in JoJoGirl's post.
Try downloading the Swan and Dolphin app. Then go to the contact section and say you are on property (even if you aren’t) and then text them. This worked for me on another issue and they texted back within 15 minutes.

I’m shopping around at rates for the S/D and this comes up for the Dolphin via Sam’s Club travel. Any ideas about what room this might be? I don’t see any rooms that are 600 sq/ft.

Edited: I’m pretty sure this was the large studio guest room. I ended up booking through the Capital One portal & that room type also listed 600 sq/ft.

Attachments

• 5E97227F-3026-4BAC-96F3-3046C3F4962A.jpeg
    5E97227F-3026-4BAC-96F3-3046C3F4962A.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Sorry if I missed this when reading through the thread . . . I know S&D guests qualify for the 30 min early park entry, but do they also get to purchase $LL at 7:00 am like the other on-site resort guests?

Thanks.

Sorry if I missed this when reading through the thread . . . I know S&D guests qualify for the 30 min early park entry, but do they also get to purchase $LL at 7:00 am like the other on-site resort guests?

Thanks.

Yes, worked for me last week. Be sure your reservation is linked in MDE and your park reservations are made as a resort guest, not a day ticket holder.

Back from our second stay at the Swan Reserve.
- 35k Chase Boundless Reward night + 15k top off x2 nights as DH and I each have card (Annual fee $95 each) + resort fee
- $285 cash passholder discount rate + taxes/resort fee x 1 night

Highlights:
  • Very responsive via Swolphin app in linking our individual single night ressies, etc
  • No issues linking to MDE. One ressie dropped once and easily re-added. Genie+, ILL$ and early park entry all went seamlessly.
  • Marriott Gold status, booked a "no view" standard room but provided a fourth floor view looking at Swolphin. Those floor to ceiling windows can't be beat.
  • Had a service issue with the bathroom door lock- they had to come twice to repair it.
  • When the resort opened last year I found the transportation organization to be lacking. I found this to be improved at DAK and MK TTC with improved signage and driver communication.
  • Hard no on a later checkout than 12pm, but offered second floor shower/changing room access. Need to request key to second floor at checkout.
It's hard to top getting a deluxe Disney property resort for the cost of a $95 AF + $39 in resort fees (and points we earned from our last stay's spend). Solid resort stay and we wouldn't hesitate to stay again. The Poly or CBR remain favorites though.

Back from our second stay at the Swan Reserve.
- 35k Chase Boundless Reward night + 15k top off x2 nights as DH and I each have card (Annual fee $95 each) + resort fee
- $285 cash passholder discount rate + taxes/resort fee x 1 night

Highlights:
  • Very responsive via Swolphin app in linking our individual single night ressies, etc
  • No issues linking to MDE. One ressie dropped once and easily re-added. Genie+, ILL$ and early park entry all went seamlessly.
  • Marriott Gold status, booked a "no view" standard room but provided a fourth floor view looking at Swolphin. Those floor to ceiling windows can't be beat.
  • Had a service issue with the bathroom door lock- they had to come twice to repair it.
  • When the resort opened last year I found the transportation organization to be lacking. I found this to be improved at DAK and MK TTC with improved signage and driver communication.
  • Hard no on a later checkout than 12pm, but offered second floor shower/changing room access. Need to request key to second floor at checkout.
It's hard to top getting a deluxe Disney property resort for the cost of a $95 AF + $39 in resort fees (and points we earned from our last stay's spend). Solid resort stay and we wouldn't hesitate to stay again. The Poly or CBR remain favorites though.
Sounds great, FDF. Thanks for the update and review.

And you’re OKay with that? Who gets the floor?
Yes 100% ok with DVC allowing someone to bring an air mattress for someone. Why would I not be? It is a timeshare -in a beach timeshare you can do the same and they don't provide sheets.

Do Swan and Dolphin wave the parking fee for people with accessible parking passes? Bringing the parents along next trip and wondering if they’ll have this option, like they do at the Disney resorts.

Do Swan and Dolphin wave the parking fee for people with accessible parking passes? Bringing the parents along next trip and wondering if they’ll have this option, like they do at the Disney resorts.
Here is an older post from 2019 when @Dan Murphy called and confirmed its the same charge. As things do change over time you might want to double check, you can use the SwanDolphin Mobile App, click on "I'm on Property" Then "Text Us!" and you can verify if they charge.

A Genie question. In order to purchase a Lightning Lane attraction, do you already have to have purchased Genie+ for the day? LL can not be a stand alone, it's only available as a subset to G+?
Standalone, the top tier attractions are just individual LL purchases and are not part of Genie+, and Lightning Lane access at those attractions requires an Individual Attraction purchase which varies in prices.

Genie+ jut gets you access to LL for second tier and lower attractions during your day.

Dave

Standalone, the top tier attractions are just individual LL purchases and are not part of Genie+, and Lightning Lane access at those attractions requires an Individual Attraction purchase which varies in prices.

Genie+ jut gets you access to LL for second tier and lower attractions during your day.

Dave
Thanks, Dave. Not that I am going anytime soon, but to make it clear to me, you can buy an LL for individual, specific attractions without first buying the G+?

No. They have a lower price for valet parking, but that’s it in my recent experience (I have a handicap parking pass and paid the full rate for self parking)

Last edited:
A resort that accomadates 5 but only has room for 4
The DVC way to vacay .
Never made any sense to me no matter how you want to interpret.

No. They have a lower price for valet parking, but that’s it in my recent experience (I have a handicap parking pass and paid off full rate for self parking)
https://swandolphin.com/feedback/transportation/

8. Do you provide parking for guests with disabilities?

Designated parking areas are available in our parking lots for guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit/placard is required and standard parking rates apply.

https://swandolphin.com/feedback/transportation/

8. Do you provide parking for guests with disabilities?

Designated parking areas are available in our parking lots for guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit/placard is required and standard parking rates apply.
This is a change from our last visit (last February). We paid the full daily rate for self parking, but got $10 off of daily valet parking. Thanks for the update.

This is a change from our last visit (last February). We paid the full daily rate for self parking, but got $10 off of daily valet parking. Thanks for the update.
I did just check with the app. Very quick response, 7 minutes.

Here was my question...

Good evening. Is there an parking discount for handicap parking, either self parking or valet?

Thank you.

And their reply....

My apologies, unfortunately we do not have a discount for handicap parking. However, if there are no handicap spots available, you're able to use Valet for the same price as self parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter