Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks. Pictures look nice, actually nicer then BWI. This is a friend's food and wine trip so looking more for quiet. I didn't even consider YC/BC because stormalong bay is crazy. We always have a hard time finding chairs when we go as a family. I want less crazy in case we want to hang by the pool and have a drink.
I have only stayed at Dolphin 3x so I'm no expert, but the pool area is so much calmer than the busier Disney pools. This is a picture from Thanksgiving weekend last year in the late afternoon, weather was in the 80s and parks were hopping, but pool was quite calm! The pool area is soooo big. Absolutely no problem finding chairs in any spot because there are so many. I stayed at Poly a few months later and while I loved it, the pool was a madhouse and so tiny compared to the pool at S/D. I also find there are a lot less kids staying at S/D, which makes for a quieter and less busy pool.

IMG_1981.JPG

I have only stayed at Dolphin 3x so I'm no expert, but the pool area is so much calmer than the busier Disney pools. This is a picture from Thanksgiving weekend last year in the late afternoon, weather was in the 80s and parks were hopping, but pool was quite calm! The pool area is soooo big. Absolutely no problem finding chairs in any spot because there are so many. I stayed at Poly a few months later and while I loved it, the pool was a madhouse and so tiny compared to the pool at S/D. I also find there are a lot less kids staying at S/D, which makes for a quieter and less busy pool.

View attachment 782537
The pool looks very pretty. I think I like the BWI hotel better but like the pool at Dolphin better. That definitely looks relaxing. Bwi pool wouldn't look relaxing even on a quiet day lol

Do they still do luggage transfers to the Disney hotels from Swan\Dolphin?
I know way back when I had my luggage transferred to the Polynesian.
This time would be CBR

I know it says they do on the first page of this thread - but much has changed in the last few years

Second question - what are the recent experiences with Marriott Elite and breakfast - I am seeing mixed things - in the past it was pretty good.

@tony67 yes they do transfer luggage. I'll let one of the regular elite members chime in, I think it's still a mixed issue and not available at Swan Reserve (I think).

@tony67 yes they do transfer luggage. I'll let one of the regular elite members chime in, I think it's still a mixed issue and not available at Swan Reserve (I think).
Thanks

The breakfast thing is a bit surprising to me - but since Marriott took over that has been mixed in the US.

I stayed one night at the Swan just after covid and checked in at 7AM and they gave me breakfast both days.
Now I am hearing that you get a voucher for pastry and a coffee.

I sure miss the days of the club lounge at the Swan.

Thanks

The breakfast thing is a bit surprising to me - but since Marriott took over that has been mixed in the US.

I stayed one night at the Swan just after covid and checked in at 7AM and they gave me breakfast both days.
Now I am hearing that you get a voucher for pastry and a coffee.

I sure miss the days of the club lounge at the Swan.

We are Titanium and have been given a card for each day worth $20 in Fuel. It's possible it was also good for one of the breakfast places but we only use Fuel since we're typically rope droppers. You Have to ASK otherwise they will just give you points ;-)

I so miss the old SPG days not only at S/D but all the other places I stayed. Sure it was corporate but IMHO they trained their staff so much better to be welcoming, friendly and go the extra mile. My guess is they were probably compensated better too.

Do they still do luggage transfers to the Disney hotels from Swan\Dolphin?
I know way back when I had my luggage transferred to the Polynesian.
This time would be CBR

I know it says they do on the first page of this thread - but much has changed in the last few years

Second question - what are the recent experiences with Marriott Elite and breakfast - I am seeing mixed things - in the past it was pretty good.
The Swan Reserve gives you free breakfast room service for Platinum and up. It is really convenient.

I so miss the old SPG days not only at S/D but all the other places I stayed. Sure it was corporate but IMHO they trained their staff so much better to be welcoming, friendly and go the extra mile. My guess is they were probably compensated better too.
Me, too.

I know I am getting off topic, but in the EU most Marriott's do a much better job with the lounge.

Upgrades vary, but better than the states for the most part - especially in recent years.

Most lounges have appetizers and drinks (beer\wine) at night - but many go far beyond that.
Many have drinks (Beer\Wine) and snacks all day.
Some have full self service bar available all day.
Some have a chef and Omelet station at breakfast.
Some have a lite lunch as well as breakfast and dinner items.

Several Autograph hotels give you free minibar and refill it each day since they don't have a lounge- usually excluding vodka and champagne.

Breakfast is never an issue - and yes I have been recently.

Seems like most lounges here are providing the bare minimum and make every effort to do nothing on weekends.

(BTW - this is for Lifetime Titanium)

Headed to The World for marathon weekend in January. Just added the week before at Dolphin using my BonVoy points (ambassador level) to come in on Christmas Day.

I have read most of the thread and can not find the answer to my question.

Does either the Dolphin or Swan have sauna or steam rooms available in the locker rooms or spas?
Will be tapering but have some runs left while i am on site and like using them for post run/workout recovery.

I stayed at Dolphin like 6-7 years ago and vaguely remember showers at the Dolphin locker rooms (I think).

Thanks for any help you all can give me.

@RENThead09 I don't think here is a public sauna, the steam room is part of the Mandara Spa, I think you'd need an appointment and probably part of the extra service fee, but I'd reach out to them.

Does either the Dolphin or Swan have sauna or steam rooms available in the locker rooms or spas?
Will be tapering but have some runs left while i am on site and like using them for post run/workout recovery.

@RENThead09 I don't think here is a public sauna, the steam room is part of the Mandara Spa, I think you'd need an appointment and probably part of the extra service fee, but I'd reach out to them.
I did just text the resort. Reply came back in 1 minute. They're always very fast.

A steam room is listed in the Mandara Spa brochure but not with the associated cost.

Answer was:

We do not have sauna or steam rooms available.

I am planning a trip for my family of four to celebrate my oldest's 21st birthday. I booked an Executive Suite (2Q Bedroom with Living Room) so my 17 year old son won't have to share a bed with his 21 year old sister.

For those curious, a regular 2Q room next July is listed as $434 and the Suite was quoted at $587.

I'm debating whether to keep this room or book a CL room at an Epcot Disney resort and leaning toward the Swan because it is less expensive and we will need money to drink around the world. But, if Disney comes out with discounts like they did this year, the price gap shrinks significantly.

I'm also wondering what the difference is between the Executive Suite and the Grand Suite. I can see that the Grand has more of a bar area, which could suit us for holding drinks, snacks, and breakfast items but is there anything else that is different? If it matters, the pull out couch in the living area will be used by my son.

I am planning a trip for my family of four to celebrate my oldest's 21st birthday. I booked an Executive Suite (2Q Bedroom with Living Room) so my 17 year old son won't have to share a bed with his 21 year old sister.

For those curious, a regular 2Q room next July is listed as $434 and the Suite was quoted at $587.

I'm debating whether to keep this room or book a CL room at an Epcot Disney resort and leaning toward the Swan because it is less expensive and we will need money to drink around the world. But, if Disney comes out with discounts like they did this year, the price gap shrinks significantly.

I'm also wondering what the difference is between the Executive Suite and the Grand Suite. I can see that the Grand has more of a bar area, which could suit us for holding drinks, snacks, and breakfast items but is there anything else that is different? If it matters, the pull out couch in the living area will be used by my son.

The discounts only apply to a few rooms CL, usually it is BW. Been there and the rooms are pretty dated at the moment. Getting a discount on a CL room at YC or BC is hard. If you can find one, great because it includes alcohol which can save a lot of money. The food is good but it gets very repetitive after a few nights even though they change out the hot items nightly. Some nights I swear it is Sam's club appetizers that are heated up and some it is out of this world freshly made.

The Swalphin has more bars than the Y&B. I like to sit for a bit before I go up to bed and there is always room somewhere.

The Cabana Pool bar at Swalphin is leaps and bounds above any WDW resort pool bar. The food is far superior and there is much more room. Disney pools are always crowded and can be hard to find any seat let alone a good one.

On major holiday's I have rented a Cabana. Nice place to relax with the family and my husband can watch football by the pool on Thanksgiving. https://swandolphin.com/activities/poolside-cabanas/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter