Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone have experience with Swan executive suites? It’s apparently the same cost with fees included as our standard room at BWI. I’m considering swapping hotels for our one room of five adults.

ETA: if I do switch from BWI to the Swan, will I lose all of my dining reservations from MDE?
Dining reservations are not tied to a resort stay, they won't go anywhere.

Hi All!
I was wondering if anyone has booked a "fireworks view" room category at the Dolphin? I was wondering where the rooms were located and whether it was a good view of the EPCOT fireworks? Any other pros or cons? We have stayed mostly at GF, POLY, CR, and BC. We enjoyed watching the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom resorts but have never stayed at the Dolphin or Swan so it is hard to know whether the fireworks view is comparable.
Thanks!

Oddly, many times when I have booked on the Swan/Dolphin site, I haven't been charged a deposit at all. I have been charged a one night deposit a couple of times, but more often no deposit at all. I have never figured it out.
Same. I haven’t been charged anything yet. I am a Marriott Member prior to this and I don’t know if that matters or not. But yeah I’ve never had a 1-2K hotel stay with no deposit at all.

It is confusing.

I am wondering if Marriott or SDR is in the midst of a software change/upgrade or something. The deposit variance has been going on a while and no rhyme or reason. My gut says with all the huge number of options, views, etc that much of this is being done by hand not fully automated.

Just came back from a work conference and stayed at a Marriott property - bookings were a mess. We were getting people we didn't knows reservation information and others emails were showing up on ours. It was a complete mess, and trying to fix it before hand was a huge frustration of mine, I arrived a day early and was assured it was all fixed... it wasn't and had issues checking in. Then we get our bills and they were completely wrong, so they withdrew the charges and we're still waiting for our final bills.

Related? Probably not but sure makes me wonder.

Hi All!
I was wondering if anyone has booked a "fireworks view" room category at the Dolphin? I was wondering where the rooms were located and whether it was a good view of the EPCOT fireworks? Any other pros or cons? We have stayed mostly at GF, POLY, CR, and BC. We enjoyed watching the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom resorts but have never stayed at the Dolphin or Swan so it is hard to know whether the fireworks view is comparable.
Thanks!
1690516530637.png
Last summer, I had a great room with a balcony somewhere in that "lovely" green circle. I only spent my first night of the trip there before moving to YC. I don't remember the room number or even the floor where the room was located. The room was about mid way up in the building. It was on the wing that sticks out and the room was close to the corner where the wing joins the bigger bulding. But I was surprised to see the fireworks because I didn't book a fireworks view. I remember enjoying the fireworks but don't remember details. I have seen the fireworks from a few rooms at YC and it was similar to that - although further away. Outiside of MK, I have only seen HEA and Enchantment from the Califonia Grill. It wasn't that nice, but still enjoyable. I don't know if this helps or not - but I tried. 😉

Does anyone know which restaurants will provide a voucher to pay for the parking if we drive to the hotel?

Has anyone seen rates for the most basic room being 1700-1800 for one night?
I am seeing this for several nights in October.

What was really odd is I can book a room with points - which gives a crazy value per point I guess.
Seems like an error.

These rooms are typically 270 or so.
For example "Traditional, Guest room, 2 Doubles, No view" - 1803 AAA rate it 1749 - for 1 night

I'll keep checking their site, but this seems really high - maybe a conference or something taking all the rooms

What was really odd is I can book a room with points - which gives a crazy value per point I guess.
Seems like an error.

For example "Traditional, Guest room, 2 Doubles, No view" - 1803 AAA rate it 1749 - for 1 night

I'll keep checking their site, but this seems really high - maybe a conference or something taking all the rooms

This happens rather frequently. The price algorithm creates this typically unbookable price when rooms aren’t available. Often, things will change as conventions give back rooms.

This happens rather frequently. The price algorithm creates this typically unbookable price when rooms aren’t available. Often, things will change as conventions give back rooms.
Thanks - I was thinking that - but then I could book with my point which seemed very odd.

Thanks - I was thinking that - but then I could book with my point which seemed very odd.
Then lock it down if you want it!

Points and cash don’t always track. Last time I was on points and kept watching for a price drop. Points price didn’t drop, cash price increased slow then suddenly cash price was $1k+, points rooms available, then no points rooms available. The conference that was hitting never did give back any rooms, in chatting with people they actually added rooms.

Then lock it down if you want it!

Points and cash don’t always track. Last time I was on points and kept watching for a price drop. Points price didn’t drop, cash price increased slow then suddenly cash price was $1k+, points rooms available, then no points rooms available. The conference that was hitting never did give back any rooms, in chatting with people they actually added rooms.
Yeah I did , but the points are pretty high for this property compared to the typical cost for a room IMO - so I am hoping to keep the points.
I guess I wont be expecting a titanium upgrade this stay.

Yeah I did , but the points are pretty high for this property compared to the typical cost for a room IMO - so I am hoping to keep the points.
I guess I wont be expecting a titanium upgrade this stay.
Ahh. Don’t forget to check Disney for EP resort area deals, availability definitely changes. Disney had gotten so expensive I was dismissing it but when I checked to my surprise I got a standard room at BWI for $350 on an AP rate for my Sept stay. Might find a deal that makes it worth using cash over points, you never know!

Seems like an error.

The Swan was showing 1500 a night for a traditional room for my September's dates last week. I checked again yesterday and there were no rooms available.

What is the pool/pool bar like at the dolphin? I've never stayed at a non Disney resort. I currently have a room at BWI booked and one at the Dolphin. We are 2 adults, friends, so the bed size doesn't bother me. I keep going back and forth because I got a great rate at the Dolphin. No balcony which I can manage. The tough part is not charging to the room. Is the pool area crazy? I like the bar at the pools at the WL and Poly but I don't think the BWIs is anything exciting. How is the Swan/Dolphin? Maybe that will help sway me one way or the other. Thanks.

The Swan was showing 1500 a night for a traditional room for my September's dates last week. I checked again yesterday and there were no rooms available.

What is the pool/pool bar like at the dolphin? I've never stayed at a non Disney resort. I currently have a room at BWI booked and one at the Dolphin. We are 2 adults, friends, so the bed size doesn't bother me. I keep going back and forth because I got a great rate at the Dolphin. No balcony which I can manage. The tough part is not charging to the room. Is the pool area crazy? I like the bar at the pools at the WL and Poly but I don't think the BWIs is anything exciting. How is the Swan/Dolphin? Maybe that will help sway me one way or the other. Thanks.
I've never used the pool, but I have walked throughout the pool areas. Honestly they looked nice and not too stressful. They are not as interesting as say Stormalong Bay, but they seemed nice, and segregated too so there are different pool areas to strike your fancy.

Additionally, SR has separate pools that you can use on property (but no hot tub if that matters).

The Cabana Bar is great.

https://swandolphin.com/dining/cabana-bar-and-beach-club/

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2022...surprisingly-swanky-pool-bar-in-disney-world/

I've never used the pool, but I have walked throughout the pool areas. Honestly they looked nice and not too stressful. They are not as interesting as say Stormalong Bay, but they seemed nice, and segregated too so there are different pool areas to strike your fancy.

Additionally, SR has separate pools that you can use on property (but no hot tub if that matters).
Thanks. Pictures look nice, actually nicer then BWI. This is a friend's food and wine trip so looking more for quiet. I didn't even consider YC/BC because stormalong bay is crazy. We always have a hard time finding chairs when we go as a family. I want less crazy in case we want to hang by the pool and have a drink.

Thanks. Pictures look nice, actually nicer then BWI. This is a friend's food and wine trip so looking more for quiet. I didn't even consider YC/BC because stormalong bay is crazy. We always have a hard time finding chairs when we go as a family. I want less crazy in case we want to hang by the pool and have a drink.
I think you guys will have a great time. The overall pool area can rival Stormalong, without the the crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter