• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I am planning a trip for my family of four to celebrate my oldest's 21st birthday. I booked an Executive Suite (2Q Bedroom with Living Room) so my 17 year old son won't have to share a bed with his 21 year old sister.

For those curious, a regular 2Q room next July is listed as $434 and the Suite was quoted at $587.

I'm debating whether to keep this room or book a CL room at an Epcot Disney resort and leaning toward the Swan because it is less expensive and we will need money to drink around the world. But, if Disney comes out with discounts like they did this year, the price gap shrinks significantly.

I'm also wondering what the difference is between the Executive Suite and the Grand Suite. I can see that the Grand has more of a bar area, which could suit us for holding drinks, snacks, and breakfast items but is there anything else that is different? If it matters, the pull out couch in the living area will be used by my son.

Another option might be the "Family Room" which is a Corner room that connects to one (or two) rooms. The connecting rooms are typically double/double. Don't forget to look at the bathroom situation to ensure a couple of bathrooms with 4 adults.

I personally love that corner room...

We stayed at the YC CL this summer. I'll be honest: while I enjoyed the food in the lounge, it was often CROWDED in there and hard to find a spot to sit and eat. I kinda missed Shula's Lounge being so close.

Same. I haven’t been charged anything yet. I am a Marriott Member prior to this and I don’t know if that matters or not. But yeah I’ve never had a 1-2K hotel stay with no deposit at all.

It is confusing.

My deposit for end of August showed up on Aug 5. Looks like they charged me for one night room and taxes/fees.
Around 3 weeks out.

I think my cancel by date is 4 days before check in so I kind of expected it to show up at least by that date, though I wasn't certain how much, if it would be the whole amount of just a night or two.

The booking info is ambiguous. I could see where this would be difficult for someone who was cash budgeting or having to switch funds around from a savings to main account or to a card.

My deposit for end of August showed up on Aug 5. Looks like they charged me for one night room and taxes/fees.
Around 3 weeks out.

I think my cancel by date is 4 days before check in so I kind of expected it to show up at least by that date, though I wasn't certain how much, if it would be the whole amount of just a night or two.

The booking info is ambiguous. I could see where this would be difficult for someone who was cash budgeting or having to switch funds around from a savings to main account or to a card.
And looking today my hotel reservation disappeared from MDE....

It let me put it back on but still super annoying. Maybe that's why I had problems with some dining reservations on Friday.

And looking today my hotel reservation disappeared from MDE....

It let me put it back on but still super annoying. Maybe that's why I had problems with some dining reservations on Friday.
Get used to it, long time glitch. Really sucks when you go to get a 7am ILL and find out at 6:59am it unlinked- yeah, don’t be me. Get up earlier to double check you’re still linked!

You all have really helped me, thank you! One more question, is it appropriate for a 17 year old to join us in some "lounge hopping" one evening? We will monorail hop with my son and I feel good about that (he's excited to have different mocktails and appetizers) but I'm not sure about the Swan/Dolphin lounges.

You all have really helped me, thank you! One more question, is it appropriate for a 17 year old to join us in some "lounge hopping" one evening? We will monorail hop with my son and I feel good about that (he's excited to have different mocktails and appetizers) but I'm not sure about the Swan/Dolphin lounges.

Your 17 year old should be very comfortable in the Swan/Dolphin lounges. There are little ones in there often!

Yes! The main Dolphin lounge has plenty of seating and always has families there. Il Mulino, also has couches and tables in the lounge. They might enjoy karaoke at Kimono's which is open in the evenings.

Hi, does anyone here have any experience booking an Annual Passholder discounted rate at the Swan Reserve and getting plat upgrade? I booked the AP rate for sept 30-oct 3 and I have zero options for upgrades, not suite night awards or even paid upgrades. I did a dummy reservation on a standard rate to see if I would have options and it had a paid upgrade but no SNA. If I book the AP rate am I eligible for an upgrade at check-in? Is anyone else that has booked recently not seeing the option to request suite night awards? This will be our first time staying at any of the Marriott Disney area resorts.

Hi, does anyone here have any experience booking an Annual Passholder discounted rate at the Swan Reserve and getting plat upgrade? I booked the AP rate for sept 30-oct 3 and I have zero options for upgrades, not suite night awards or even paid upgrades. I did a dummy reservation on a standard rate to see if I would have options and it had a paid upgrade but no SNA. If I book the AP rate am I eligible for an upgrade at check-in? Is anyone else that has booked recently not seeing the option to request suite night awards? This will be our first time staying at any of the Marriott Disney area resorts.
AP rates are eligible for SNAs at SR. I just did a dummy booking and it gave me the option.

Do you have 4 SNAs in your account available for use? I think your account is registering that you do not. When you don’t have enough SNAs available for the length of stay it won’t show as an option.

AP rates are eligible for SNAs at SR. I just did a dummy booking and it gave me the option.

Do you have 4 SNAs in your account available for use? I think your account is registering that you do not. When you don’t have enough SNAs available for the length of stay it won’t show as an option.
Thank you. I thought I'd selected the choice benefit awhile back but apparently I did not. So, update in case it helps anyone: I took care of that this morning and kept refreshing and logged out and back in to try to see the reward in my account this afternoon. I read on a forum that it can take up to 48 hours but many people said they posted instantly to their accounts (plus, I got the confirmation email a few hours ago). They still haven't shown up in my account. So finally I tried the "workaround" that has been mentioned here to force the SNA page to load and I was able to make the selections and submit the request. So, hopefully we get that Signature Epcot view suite!

Going to try a solo trip in October; thought I might try Swan or Dolphin. Annual Passholder - what would be the best place to find the best rates? Thanks!

Going to try a solo trip in October; thought I might try Swan or Dolphin. Annual Passholder - what would be the best place to find the best rates? Thanks!
The Swan/Dolphin website. They have AP discounts. Under Special Rates, click on Corporate/Promo/Set# and use the code QWH. That's the AP code. Those are the best rates I've found. Also, Priceline Express often has the Swan/Dolphin. I booked a room at the Swan through them today. They are non-refundable though.

First time looking at staying at Dolphin. How does the shuttle from airport to hotel work? Now it’s paid and by Mears? Say my flight arrives at 1pm and I want to do Mickey Halloween party that evening is this feasible any suggestions? This would be mid September during week. Thanks

First time looking at staying at Dolphin. How does the shuttle from airport to hotel work? Now it’s paid and by Mears? Say my flight arrives at 1pm and I want to do Mickey Halloween party that evening is this feasible any suggestions? This would be mid September during week. Thanks
First look to see if they are even selling party tickets for when you want, they sold out of like 5 different dates today.

There is no airport shuttle through the hotel (and never has been for Swolphin). You have to arrange it yourself, Mears runs shuttle buses that are like $15/person. Reports are anywhere from 45 mins to a couple hours to get to your resort though so I would not risk that if going to a party, just take a rideshare.

First look to see if they are even selling party tickets for when you want, they sold out of like 5 different dates today.

There is no airport shuttle through the hotel (and never has been for Swolphin). You have to arrange it yourself, Mears runs shuttle buses that are like $15/person. Reports are anywhere from 45 mins to a couple hours to get to your resort though so I would not risk that if going to a party, just take a rideshare.
Thank you for the advice I was able to secure my party tickets. Sounds like Uber is the fastest. Appreciate the quick advice!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter