• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WALT DISNEY WORLD VET VISITS D'LAND TRIP REPORT --- my first trip report ever!

KCmike,

- I meant to say that the pick of your eldest converting that "F" into an "E" was great.

- Also, Did you bring the Fairfield towels over to the DLH when you went swimming....or did you use the DLH towels? :rotfl:

- (& yes the DLH pool does look the pool at Port Orleans.)

Parade of Dreams - 6 - How disappointing. Three or four floats? The same song as they played in the morning? Did i just build it up to big in my head? We watched it again in the night around 7pm I think it was and they had to throw on lights around the streets because the floats had very little lighting. Still wasn't impressed.

I liked it. But i like all parades....(but I also like riding rides during parades ;)) I'll give it a 7.

That brings me to Main Street USA

Mainstreet - 8 - This was hard for me. This was Walt's baby! The shops were wonderful. The bakery not half as good as D'worlds though. Sleeping beauty castle even though smaller which I have been warned several times...I thought was awesome. Details Details Details. You have to give it to the LAND on that one. So many small little things that are just marvelous. In the night though when all the lights come on it feels more like a carnival. it doesn't have that elegance of mainstreet in the world. Disneyland lights were flashing and rotating like a christmas tree while at the world they stay steady and are all one color...white....just gives it something more to me. How does everyone else feel on that???? I really don't like how close the astro orbiter is to the hub either. Loved seeing Walt's light on though. Seen it so many times on Disneyland behind the scenes on Travel Channel and the one with Samantha Brown.

For me Main St. is mainly eye candy as i move on into (or out of) the park. (since I don't shop.) In regards to the Main St. Bakery, i prefer Pooh Corner. In regards to Astro Orbiter....not only it an average ride at best, it's in the dang way. I prefered it when i was a kid & it was located 50 feet high above TomorrowLand.

D'Land railroad - 7 - One of my favorite moments at Disneyworld was a song they would play that went "Rolling down the Walt Disneyworld express...rolling..." I miss that. It was good though. I like how the seats were all pointed towards the park. The diorama between tomorrowland and main street were interesting.

Also a 7.

KC, I'm gonna have to try the teacups at night. (& if you return, you need to give Storybookland a retry at night). Great report. :thumbsup2

I have to agree about doing Storybook Land at night, as well as Casey Junior, it's just magical.

The same goes with the Teacups.

Heck, Fantasyland in general at night is more magical.

*sigh* memories

I was really shocked when we went back on the fantasy rides at night it just gave it an extra special touch!

My DH and I are leaving 11/10th for our first trip to DL. We too will probably compare DL with WDW to some extent but will focus more on all the new Disney stuff we haven't experienced. I love reading all the TR. Thanks everyone.

Where are you staying and for how many days?

If I could tell you anything it would be to get there early. We rode 6-7 rides in the first hour of opening during a weekday. The weekends are like WDW in the summer and I did that one time in June and that was horrible. i take that back no time is horrible at WDW but it's not fun to sweat and wait in line for more than an hour for every ride.

Fantasyland is so much better at D'land. Tomorrowland is so much better at D'World even though Space is awesome.

How many times have you been to Disneyworld?

What did you think of the parades at Disneyland?

Parade of Dreams rating? 7. Fun parade.

Remember Dreams? (firework show? A 9. A great nostalgic firework show, my second favorite after epcot's spectacular.

Fantasmic? It wasn't showing either time i went to DL. I've seen it 3 times at MGM & give it an 8 there.

Overall I give the parades/firework shows an 8 at DLR & a 9 at WDW. (But when DLR gets a third park these offering will likely be equal (imo)).

We are staying at DGC using our DVC points, arriving 11/10 til 11/16. :yay:

Our plan right now is to walk around on Saturday night when we get out there and see where things are... the flight is long so we will probably sleep on the plane. Thanks for the advice. We have been to WDW over 40 times and counting!

Love the report!! I have never been during the holidays.. Halloween OR Christmas, so I LOVE the pictures of the decorations!! ..My goal is to see a Disney park at both Christmas and Halloween someday =) Great pictures.. nice to see Disneyland again!! Haven't been since 2001 due to 3 WDW trips (good ol' WDW...) but will be able to re-live the magic in '09 when i go with my best friends WOOT WOOT! Can't wait for it!

I am so sad that I left my camera at home for this trip. I ended up using a simple point and shoot Kodak cheapy of my daughter's (thank God she brought hers). My first and probably only time for DL and I forget my most important carry on!!!! :)

100_0778.jpg

Dad showing off his superman (disney) outfit for the kid's in Millie's restaurant.
100_0656.jpg

That is very nice of you. Thanks again!

Are you from KC as well?

How many times have you visited D'World? D'land?

Yep, I'm in Olathe.

Never been to DLR, but going exactly one month from today.

I've been to WDW once, but it was almost 30 years ago. Wow, I'm getting old! I'm taking my family to DLR this year, and probably WDW in another 3-4 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter