Want to earn $70 for 5 hours work every now and then to add to your Disney fund?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh...drgn, that's odd...maybe they only cancelled for CT? It IS still listed on my e-booking too, I just checked.

Momof2...yes, there are several events in PA in those towns. Moon Twnshp on 11/4, cheesecake...the Barber Foods chicken on on 11/2 in Beaver Falls, Cranberry and Monaca and the Advance Brands Bfast Burrito on 11/5 in Monaca. Did you get assigned to a different company, not SPi??

Bren's Mom said:
Huh...drgn, that's odd...maybe they only cancelled for CT? It IS still listed on my e-booking too, I just checked.

Momof2...yes, there are several events in PA in those towns. Moon Twnshp on 11/4, cheesecake...the Barber Foods chicken on on 11/2 in Beaver Falls, Cranberry and Monaca and the Advance Brands Bfast Burrito on 11/5 in Monaca. Did you get assigned to a different company, not SPi??

Yes. I'm assigned to TMG. Does anyone know if I can ask Mass Connections to switch?

I e-mailed Mass Connections. I'll post if they get back to me.

On a happier note, my 9/23 and 9/24 events were paid correctly. I just didn't notice the Equipment/Adjustment part of the pay stub.

What happens if you have to unbook a demo?? Do you get into trouble or less money.... I want to book something before it is gone, but I am not sure if my son will have a football game on that date or not, They are almost through and they will play a play off game, but not sure they will advance, Should I book or just let it go, thanks!!!
Wendy

TIDBITS: replying to several posters here

No email either about a cancelled 3M event. (MA & spi) Still active on ebooking & others still available to book.

I think I remember seeing a job ad on one of the career sites not to long ago for an event co-ordinator....and I THINK it was somewhere between $10.50 & $12. I do remember it was less than $14...but can't remember exactly, I've looked at so many. lol

I've unbooked about 3 since April, & have never gotten in trouble or even an email. Original hire paperwork though says something about a limit of 2 unbookings. Also, if you received a kit for the event already & you unbook, you are supposed to go bring it to the store so someone else can do event if booked.

I suppose I need to get on SPI about why I still an not authorized any longer to log into ADP.

For anyone doing TUMS this Saturday, please post when you receive your kit. I booked it Sunday & really thinking I may have missed shipments. Thanks.

OK - here's a twist... when I first started this job I was hesitate (albeit a bit embarrassed) to tell my co-workers about it... I got over it quickly & now they always ask about the jobs I worked over the weekend & what I have coming up...

Well just this week alone I've been approached by three co-workers asking how they could get hired as well... Sorry folks but competition is way too tough.. so I told them I wouldn't (couldn't) tell them... they were all taken aback! Perhaps I should pass along the Promoworks information.. it's not as good $ but after I refused to disclose my 'secret' I felt a little guilty...WWYD?

I got the email from "All About Events" yesterday so I emailed Mass Connections this morning asking them what would happen to those of us who were previously assigned to "All About Events". I got a very nice reply this afternoon saying that we would be reassigned to a different agency but it would take a few weeks to get everything straightened out and they thanked me for my patience. That's good news for me and my Disney World fund!!! :thumbsup2

Carla :wave2:

MickeyEars said:
I got the email from "All About Events" yesterday so I emailed Mass Connections this morning asking them what would happen to those of us who were previously assigned to "All About Events". I got a very nice reply this afternoon saying that we would be reassigned to a different agency but it would take a few weeks to get everything straightened and they thanked me for my patience. That's good news for me and my Disney World fund!!! :thumbsup2

carla-
Thanks for posting that! I emailed MC also, asking the same question and never have received an answer so I guess I'll be patient!! :rolleyes:

Thanks again!

drgnfly30 said:
OK - here's a twist... when I first started this job I was hesitate (albeit a bit embarrassed) to tell my co-workers about it... I got over it quickly & now they always ask about the jobs I worked over the weekend & what I have coming up...

Well just this week alone I've been approached by three co-workers asking how they could get hired as well... Sorry folks but competition is way too tough.. so I told them I wouldn't (couldn't) tell them... they were all taken aback! Perhaps I should pass along the Promoworks information.. it's not as good $ but after I refused to disclose my 'secret' I felt a little guilty...WWYD?

Hmmmm, tough one. My SIL asked me about it because she's SERIOUSLY hurting for $ since family has stopped "helping" her. She asked if she could make $300 or so a week, so I seriously downplayed it. She didn't ask anymore.

I felt bad, but hey. She lives too close. She's a realtor who's never been any good at managing $; in too much debt; & blowing off clients & loosing sales. I had a feeling she may do the same with this job. And knowing her, she would be spending the entire time, trying to drum up house sales. She's got the same last name as me...so I didn't want anyone connecting us. I try to forget she exists seriously. I'm also not helping her at all until she apologizes for a scathing email last year where she called me every name in the book. And she knows it. Very surprised she even asked.

You're very welcome Lisa!!! ;) I was kind of surprised to hear from them so quickly.
Yes, I suppose we'll just have to be patient!!

Yep, give her all the other demo companies. MC just pays to stinking much more than any other demo company so unfortunatelly I will give you every other contact but I dont give up Mass info. Sorry, that's just the way it is sometimes.

Ok y'all I got a MC joke for you. What do you get when you have two demo people show up for a Grandopening with only 1.50 on there cards and have to buy 38 dollars worth of product. :furious: Give up two angry demo people who can't get intouch with MC because it is like 5:00am in Ca. So, me and the other demo guy, he was a mobile unit to pass out the samples. He had no money on him so I had to buy 2 boxes of break and bake cookies and two bags of Totino pizza rolls. thank goodness it was early in the morning and no one wanted samples. So, this is story number 1001 on how it is working for Mass Confusion

That's what I'm going to do... (give them the other demo co. info) I figure I'll just tell them my agency is hiring right now, but here's another company....

I just picked up two more Wine events in December!! I'm really really hoping the pay is $83!!! Even if it's not, I'm actually liking the idea of working these instead of Target/Kmart/Walmart... I try to stay away from the stores after Thanksgiving so I can't imagine working in that madhouse! Liquor stores will be busy with the holidays but nothing like a Super Walmart!!

drgnfly30 said:
That's what I'm going to do... (give them the other demo co. info) I figure I'll just tell them my agency is hiring right now, but here's another company....

I just picked up two more Wine events in December!! I'm really really hoping the pay is $83!!! Even if it's not, I'm actually liking the idea of working these instead of Target/Kmart/Walmart... I try to stay away from the stores after Thanksgiving so I can't imagine working in that madhouse! Liquor stores will be busy with the holidays but nothing like a Super Walmart!!

Lucky you actually getting the option for the wine events... I was geeked about it and yet just like the Proplan... Nothing in Michigan :rolleyes:

Yeah I passed the wine test. :cool1: At least at the liquor stores we won't be asked where is? Every two seconds. :teeth:

HERSEY said:
Yeah I passed the wine test. :cool1: At least at the liquor stores we won't be asked where is? Every two seconds. :teeth:
Yeah for you! :thumbsup2 Of course we could get.. where is the whiskey, beer, gin, vodka, mad dog, boones farms?????? :rolleyes:

Received email from SPI-Vanessa asking people to work this weekend because there are still so many TUMS events unbooked. Already doing one honey, and Target won't let us do different time or day...sorry.

And there sure are a TON of samples & coupons in the TUMS kit. Coupon on the sample. Coupon on the brochure. WOW!

Guess I'll be taping some samples & brochures (coupon showing) to some bottles.

Any ideas for all the extra samples I might have? I'm thinking leaving some at pharmacy counter & service desk counter if they allow. I could start handing out several samples if I think I'll have alot left.

And if I'm sent home with them....where would be a good place to donate them? Nursing home? Womens shelter? Senior center?

I kept just a couple samples to hand out to relatives after Thanksgiving dinner. :rotfl2:

I have been reading about these "events" and all of your experiences over the past week or so and I do think that I am interested in giving this a try.

I did do the online application for MassCommunications and now I have to do all of the rest of the other "stuff" - send them a photo (they may reject me right away then ;) ), the other forms, etc.

Wish me luck! :)

BethR said:
I have been reading about these "events" and all of your experiences over the past week or so and I do think that I am interested in giving this a try.

I did do the online application for MassCommunications and now I have to do all of the rest of the other "stuff" - send them a photo (they may reject me right away then ;) ), the other forms, etc.

Wish me luck! :)

Not to worry they hired me didn't they? Your in like flynn :teeth:

SplshMtn99 said:
Received email from SPI-Vanessa asking people to work this weekend because there are still so many TUMS events unbooked. Already doing one honey, and Target won't let us do different time or day...sorry.

Got a similar E-mail... I can actually work another Airfreshner on 10/23/06 (that would be three days in a row of this event... I will be a pro) The other event is also an Airfresher however... I AM ALREADY BOOKED FOR THAT EXACT EVENT... (insert DUH smilie dude here). I let her know to stop offering that as I AM doing it and have been booked since 10/14/06 :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter