Want to earn $70 for 5 hours work every now and then to add to your Disney fund?

Status
Not open for further replies.
11/2 SuperWalMart Barber Food stuffed chicken breast instructions are up! Its MICROWAVE & will only take 2 minutes to cook. :thumbsup2 PHEW!!! Now I just hope the store has enough product because when I looked last time I was there, there wasn't much. Hopefully I'll finally get to use this microwave I bought & have been lugging everywhere. :rotfl:

FYI: I've figured out that I can search UP TO 2 MONTHS in advance...but only in "3 wk 6 day" increments. (SPI) But it still doesn't list any jobs past 11/2. But I'll keep checking.

Not sure if this is connected at all... BUT I live near the border of three different states but due to my agency only covering my home state & one of the bordering ones I was never able to search in the other two locations...

Last night I discovered I was able to search for jobs in the other two states.... Perhaps MC has reassigned some of their All About Events contracts to SPI (my agency)??

I'd see if you could contact MC directly to see if they are going to reassign you... after all Mass Connections, not All About Events, hired you...

drgnfly30 said:
Not sure if this is connected at all... BUT I live near the border of three different states but due to my agency only covering my home state & one of the bordering ones I was never able to search in the other two locations...

Last night I discovered I was able to search for jobs in the other two states.... Perhaps MC has reassigned some of their All About Events contracts to SPI (my agency)??

I'd see if you could contact MC directly to see if they are going to reassign you... after all Mass Connections, not All About Events, hired you...

I emailed MC so we'll see what the say! If I don't get a reply, I'll call them. Always fun to try and get a LIVE person! :rolleyes:
I still don't get anything when I check for events. Since they are with them until Oct. 30th, I may not see anything for awhile?! :confused3 :sad2:

ldb1030 said:
I emailed MC so we'll see what the say! If I don't get a reply, I'll call them. Always fun to try and get a LIVE person! :rolleyes:
I still don't get anything when I check for events. Since they are with them until Oct. 30th, I may not see anything for awhile?! :confused3 :sad2:
I searched for Kansas events for you... there are a ton of cities listed... if you want PM me & I'll see if SPI is listing for your area now....

Same thing here. I could never see CT, but now I can. So, SPI has picked up CT.

Does anyone here work in a state other than your home state OR work in more than one state?

I'm wondering what happens at tax time? Do you get just ONE 1099 from MC/your agency? I would hate to complicate tax return time by doing like 1 event in another state & end up with a ton of extra forms. LOL

I'm HOPING you get just 1....because after all, I'm working for MC/SPI....not Target or Walmart in each state....but who knows. :confused3

My first job in high school was in our neighboring state...and my dad cursed me every year at tax time. It meant filing state taxes in BOTH states. :rolleyes:

drgnfly30 said:
I searched for Kansas events for you... there are a ton of cities listed... if you want PM me & I'll see if SPI is listing for your area now....

You are searching MC? I can see that also but it just take me back to my current agency.
I'll PM you.

ldb1030 said:
You are searching MC? I can see that also but it just take me back to my current agency.
I'll PM you.

I log into ebooking using my id - which is agency specific... what cities are near you?

Christine-
Thanks for looking at that for me! We'll see what happens in the next week or so! I hope something happens anyway!! :thumbsup2

Hi all,

OK, I'm scheduled for the Advance Brands breakfast burrito demo in Nov. I was just able to look at the demo instructions...and the list of things I have to bring is LONG! In addition to a microwave, which I expected, is a cooler, tongs, plate, scissors, hot mitts, hair net (they never sent me one)...forget what else. Do you normally have to drag a cooler along when doing a frozen item? Do they pay you for that? I don't recall seeing it on the list of extras that they pay for. It seems like a lot of stuff to pack up and drag into the store, I'm thinking that it might not be worth it. Anyone else feel that way about the cooking events?

Bren's Mom said:
Hi all,

OK, I'm scheduled for the Advance Brands breakfast burrito demo in Nov. I was just able to look at the demo instructions...and the list of things I have to bring is LONG! In addition to a microwave, which I expected, is a cooler, tongs, plate, scissors, hot mitts, hair net (they never sent me one)...forget what else. Do you normally have to drag a cooler along when doing a frozen item? Do they pay you for that? I don't recall seeing it on the list of extras that they pay for. It seems like a lot of stuff to pack up and drag into the store, I'm thinking that it might not be worth it. Anyone else feel that way about the cooking events?

There are events that you feel like you are moving in for... cooking events are just like that.. you need extra stuff. However, for this event, I probably WON'T bring a cooler... at Walmart you can set up near one of the reach in freezer units, put the product in there with the label holding for event... BTW you don't get paid extra for bringing the cooler. That being said, the cooler is an easy way to carry everything else!!!

For convenience sake I keep a 'kit' of event items that I can just grab from when getting ready (oven mitt, cutting board, serving plates, extension cord, duct tape etc...) Once you've done a couple, getting everything ready to go isn't that big of a deal...

I agree with Christine, I just have a demo rolling case that I keep supplies in and it is not bad at all. Like she said sometimes you feel like you are stealing SPI's money. Like when we handed out free sample paks and other times I feel like yeah they paid me right ( when I the Fruity Cheerios and Hamburger Helper) event. So some are easier than others but after getting a check for $573 yesterday, I cant complain

I like to put all my kitchen stuff right into the microwave when carrying it in. It helps keep the glass microwave turntable in place a bit too. And less to carry in. I agree about not bringing cooler if you know your store & how its set up. I've also "stolen" items from my kitchen & just keep them packed too. But if you do need to buy something, maybe like a nice new clean cutting board, the Dollar Stores are the BEST place to get it. I picked up a set of 2 black plastic baskets for $1/set. The napkins fit perfect in one, & I use the other for spoons. Also dishwasher safe. I also got a set of measuring cups & measuring spoons, all white plastic & all stack into each other. $1. I just bring the ones I need.

There have been several times that I HAVE brought the cooler though. All the soda demos I brought it. Because the soda was warm off the shelf & there was no place to get it/keep it cold near table. I bought ice as instructed.

But if I'm buying a frozen product, I figure its cold & I can set up near it & keep my product in the case with a sign on it.

I have a big plastic bin downstairs with all my event junk. Night before event, I just grab what I need from bin & toss it into table kit or microwave.

Mama3princesses, could you explain your rolling case a bit more? Whats in it? Do you bring it to each event or just cooking ones? Can you put your microwave on top & wheel it in like a luggage cart? Where did you get it? Brand? Cost? Not too many questions, huh?

No check today. I guess I missed payroll & it will be in next weeks check. They were Wed & Thurs events...so I wasn't sure. Oh well, next weeks will just be bigger anyway. Its just going into the savings account, so it really doesn't matter.

You know those suitcase looking things that flight attendance have or an overnight suitcase looking thing. I know it was underneath 20 dollars. I got the idea from my neighbor who does pampered chef. I keep my napkins, gloves, soufle cups, hotpads, cutting board, I have a cutting knife that stores in its own sheath( great gift from Pampered Chef) I keep those always stored in the black bag. I put my folder with paper work and event instructions in the front zip up pouch. I am really enjoying some of the left over hefty bags I had maybe 25 left over they worked great for the progresso soup demo. I have some of them in there aswell. Plastic dollar store measuring cups and spoons are in there aswell. I also have aluminum foil for my toaster ovens. I have to keep it packed because week day events are always :dance3: trying to get the kids to school and me out the door on time. I also keep all of my colorful supply of tableclothes I have accumulated since demoing.

So do you take the whole thing with you each time..or just take what you need & put it in your table?

I've got a HUGE collection of leftover napkins, hot & cold & souffle cups & spoons going. lol

I'm thinking you probably look very professional with your cart. :thumbsup2 Like the other vendors I see in the stores with their salesman cases.

These events have given me an education as to who has the lowest prices on stuff. I was always a comparison shopper, but never really bought much food, paper products, cleaners at Walmart. I did buy HBA there though.

Progresso Soup event at SuperWalMart taught me otherwise. $1.50 at SuperWalmart...and $2.99 today at my grocery store which always considered to be cheapest of grocery stores around here. :scared1:

I can't WAIT for them to finish the 2 Super Walmarts closer to me. 40 miles is too far to shop for groceries. But I have switched to buying more things at regular Walmart.

SplshMtn99 said:
Does anyone here work in a state other than your home state OR work in more than one state?

I'm wondering what happens at tax time? Do you get just ONE 1099 from MC/your agency? I would hate to complicate tax return time by doing like 1 event in another state & end up with a ton of extra forms. LOL

I'm HOPING you get just 1....because after all, I'm working for MC/SPI....not Target or Walmart in each state....but who knows. :confused3

My first job in high school was in our neighboring state...and my dad cursed me every year at tax time. It meant filing state taxes in BOTH states. :rolleyes:

I live in SC on the Georgia/SC border. I have been doing events for SPi in Georgia. I have noticed on my checks that they are showing SC state taxes withheld and not Georgia. I am hoping this means at tax time I won't have to file in Georgia. I'm crossing my fingers and waiting to see what I get at year end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter