Want to know the good and the bad if any of Vero and pictures too!!

kritter

<font color=deeppink>I need a Disney FIX!!<br><fon
Thinking of going to Vero beach and want to see pictures and know hte good and hte bad of going there...Any tips would be great. If I stay at SSR first how and where can I rent a car from to get us to Vero??? thanks,Kristin

We really enjoyed Vero. Very layed back. We flew in and rented a car at the airport and drove to the coast. Stayed a few days and then over to WDW. IMO that's the way to do it. Relax and re-energize and then over to WDW for some fun and excitement. You can rent and return cars at WDW. If I remember correctly it's at the gas station near MK.

Alamo is still at the Car Care Center (they will pick you up) and you can rent National from the Dolphin. We also have used Enterprice car rental, and they pick you up at your resort. Vero is about a 2 hour drive from WDW, and it's a wonderful resort for sun/fun/relaxation, whatever you want to do along the lines of a beach vacation.

Bobbi:goodvibes

It is all good. LOL. We had a great time there and I thought the beach was great, pool is great, villas are great. CM's are nice also. Enjoy!

P8180160.jpg

P8180159.jpg

I loved Vero, it was the tipping point for me to join DVC. Of course, I was always a WDW lover, but the added bonus of a beach resort really made the decision.

I stayed a week the first time, very relaxing. CM's are wonderful, the onsite dining is limited but there is PLENTY off site. This year, we're going there for 3 days and then to SSR for 3 days. Less than a month to go!!!

We loved VB! Be sure to sign your kids up for the "cooking class" at the community hall - they get to decorate their own chef's hats and aprons and bring them home. They decorated sugar cookies the day our boys did it. Also the storytelling time in the evening is just great! The pool and miniature golf course are so much fun too - it is a great family place! I have lots of great pictures, unfortunately I have no idea how to post them on here. If you can tell me how, I'll be glad to put them up!

Have a great trip!:thumbsup2

We just got back last night from a fabulous week at Vero! IMHO, there is no bad - just good! Shutters was great, kids made friends and did lots of activities, DH and I relaxed by the pool all day! Have a great trip!

Can't single out anything bad about Vero. Overall, it is almost my favorite DVC resort other than the fact it is not at WDW. For what it is, I find very little fault with it.

Vero is my favorite DVC resort. :love:

The only "negatives" I can think of might be the fact that the beach is a little "wild" (pretty sharp drop-off, rougher waves, riptides), the island blacks out at night (no exterior lights to protect the sea turtles), and the surrounding area is not developed the way many beach tourist-strips are.

Of course, those are some of the very things that make me love it even more!!!

Other positives would be:
The best CMs on the planet, great recreation activities, beautiful decor/design, ocean-views, room-service (with Mickey pancakes!), a short drive from WDW, great ear-round weather, varied dining options, natural beach setting, easy beach chair/rec. equipment rentals, ease of movement from pool to beach, natural beach-life (sea turtles, shells, etc.)

Sigh. I'm counting the days. Literally.

Thanks I think we will rent the car from Car Care Center at WDW..

Do you have to rent the beach chairs etc???

Any specific rooms we should request at Vero????

If you want to get your own chairs at, say Wal Mart or WalGreens, that's a possibility.

Bobbi

If you want to get your own chairs at, say Wal Mart or WalGreens, that's a possibility.

Bobbi

Thanks, do they have them you can rent at Vero??

Where should I request a room to be at Vero????

Thanks, do they have them you can rent at Vero??

Where should I request a room to be at Vero????

If you are staying at the inn, the higher the floor, the better the room view. We were on the 4th floor, next to the laundrymat and overlooking parking, and it was still a nice view:
13791025.c527e2.jpg

You can rent nice beach chairs from the rental/towel window as you head down the ramp to the beach. Daily rentals are availiable, DVC members get a discount, you can choose where you want the chair set up, and the CM working will normally have your chair waiting for you by the time you are down the ramp.

Great photos... Thanks for sharing..

Anyone have any of the rooms??

Also do the one bedrooms have a washer and dryer in them????

These are great. Where you there during the hurricane??

Also do the one bedrooms have washers??
Any specific room/view I should request??
Thanks. Yes I do PT Conservation Work for a local Shipwreck Museum. Spend a bit of time bumming around the area. Evacuated to Orlando for Francis. The museum lost 1/2 the roof in Jeanne. While cleaning up took a ride over the first day we were allowed back on the barrier island. The pictures of the VB Resort were taken both after Francis and Jeanne. It was sad to see the damage but yet a great sign that Disney already had workers repairing it.

Yes the 1Bdr's have washers and dryers. You can no longer request Ocean View when making a request for 1/2 BDRs. It never hurts to try but it may fall on deaf ears. We always use to request building 12 3rd floor or an OV Room. About the only way to "guarantee" an OV is with an OV Inn Room or Beach Cottage. Hope you enjoy your stay! pirate:

Thanks. Yes I do PT Conservation Work for a local Shipwreck Museum. Spend a bit of time bumming around the area. Evacuated to Orlando for Francis. The museum lost 1/2 the roof in Jeanne. While cleaning up took a ride over the first day we were allowed back on the barrier island. The pictures of the VB Resort were taken both after Francis and Jeanne. It was sad to see the damage but yet a great sign that Disney already had workers repairing it.

Yes the 1Bdr's have washers and dryers. You can no longer request Ocean View when making a request for 1/2 BDRs. It never hurts to try but it may fall on deaf ears. We always use to request building 12 3rd floor or an OV Room. About the only way to "guarantee" an OV is with an OV Inn Room or Beach Cottage. Hope you enjoy your stay! pirate:

WOW you have a great job .. Must get to see a lot of neat things...

Thanks for the tip think I will try for building 12.. How many buildings are there??

Your pictures are great again..!! Thanks!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter