WARNING: YOLO 2012 Do NOT try this at Home!!! We’re Professionals Update: 3/18 Video

I am cracking up reading your report!

Who would've thought you could do aerobics on the monorail? :lmao:

Don't be afraid to step foot in the GF--trust me, we stayed there and we are anything but swanky! Haha. The CMs there do make you feel like you are though, which is a real eye opener when you go back out into the real world and get treated like regular people again! The nerve.

I would love to stay at the Poly one day! It is so beautiful...oh and the smells! I could spend my entire vacation inhaling that place and be perfectly content.

I love the statue pictures--you guys look like such a good time!

Anxiously awaiting more! popcorn::

Aww, I hate that you have to worry about something that you've been looking forward to. Is there any way for you to ship your stuff down in boxes even after you arrive there (like have it packed and have your parents send it down)? I know that I've read how people send packages of things they need for vacation down to the resort, like diapers and all that, because it'd be too expensive to pay for another suitcase. Maybe you can do that for stuff you don't need right away?

I think the Poly has a very similar feel to AKL in that it just provides this crazy atmosphere that makes you feel like you're somewhere else! The huge difference is just how easy it is to hop on the monorail to get to a park! That's why I wanted to stay there, but like you mentioned, that price is insane! Good thing for your CM discount!

Will you be writing a "trip report" type thing or in a blog when you've moved?

Hold - The - Phone! I am so so so glad you got to visit the Poly :) Im lucky and got to stay there and it was beyond amazing! I cannot wait for your Poly Trip TR:wizard:

All your monorail pictures are awesome! :woohoo: I cannot WAITT to hear the BEE-BOO door sound haha

Wishing you all the luck in the world for your movie to FL! Everything will be just fine, all you gotta do is say hakuna matata! :cool2:

I am sorry you are feeling so anxious about moving to Florida. :(

I love your Monorail party. The pictures are cracking me up!

I should’ve guessed the Poly! What was I thinking?

I think you did the best in Go be That Statue. I love your face in that picture!

I am so happy you get to have your dream vacation. Staying at the Poly would be awesome!

I think I have a got a majority of it figure out now!!! So some of the anxiousness is melting away!!!

I'm so glad this update happened when it did, it was exactly what I needed. It was such a fun time and relieving it really helped me to calm down :rotfl: ahhh the magic of Disney

Oh my the Poly :love: enough said haha.

I lucked out with my be the statue because I got to learn from everybody's mistakes so I was able to really prefect it.

I can't believe that it actually might happen. I have to wait to get there and make sure none of the nights are blackout but it should work out in our favor :banana:

Aww you and your family seem really close! I love that! That's how our family is! We didn't get to go to Disney when I was little, but I can only imagine how special those memories are to all of you!

It will be such a great experience for you to be out on your own! You learn a whole lot about yourself, and what you are capapble of! I'm sure it will be very hard to leave Andy, but absence makes the hear grow fonder!

Also YAY for being able to stay at the Poly in October! That will be so AMAZING! We were going originally in October; I was SO excited to see all of the Halloween decorations and attend MNSSHP and F&W festival...but we had to change our dates to late November..so we won't be able to see all of those things. BUT all of the Christmas stuff will be out, and we are going to attend MVMCP! So I'm pretty excited about that. That just means we'll have to go back sometime in October! :rotfl:

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun on the Monorail! hahaha
Ya'll look like such a fun group, I bet there is never a dull moment with ya'll! haha I also LOVE all of your statue impersonations! hahahahaha That literally made me laugh.
I'm so glad you guys had a great trip!

Can't wait to read more!

We really are close, so close. That's why I think it's going to take some HUGE adjustment on my part once I move to Florida but I guess with the Magic Kingdom in my backyard it won't take THAT long :rotfl2:

I LOVE having reasons to go back!!! I've heard that Christmas is such a beautiful time to be in Disney and while the Halloween decorations are probably pretty cool I'm pretty sure that the Osborne Spectacle of Lights will totally make up for it :thumbsup2

We do the best we can to make it an enjoyable time for everyone. Especially this time around we had to make the most out of the few days we were there so we were really amped up on energy and fun.

Thanks for reading along with us, glad to hear that you are enjoying our journey!!!

I am cracking up reading your report!

Who would've thought you could do aerobics on the monorail? :lmao:

Don't be afraid to step foot in the GF--trust me, we stayed there and we are anything but swanky! Haha. The CMs there do make you feel like you are though, which is a real eye opener when you go back out into the real world and get treated like regular people again! The nerve.

I would love to stay at the Poly one day! It is so beautiful...oh and the smells! I could spend my entire vacation inhaling that place and be perfectly content.

I love the statue pictures--you guys look like such a good time!

Anxiously awaiting more! popcorn::

YAY!!! I am really happy to hear that we can make people laugh and get them excited by just reading about it.

Haha you mean those are the first pictures that you have seen of someone practicing splits on the monorail? That's not a regular occurance? :confused3 There is just so much room for activity in there!!! :rotfl:

Good to know!!! I really just feel like I can't even look at it or someone will call security on me. I will have to stop in one time just to see what it's like. The nerve of some people in reality, sometimes I just can't believe them :laughing:

It's just so tropical and magical :love:

Oh my goodness if you love those statue pictures stick around because there are some HILARIOUS ones to come when we get to Animal Kingdom.

Thanks for reading along :goodvibes

Aww, I hate that you have to worry about something that you've been looking forward to. Is there any way for you to ship your stuff down in boxes even after you arrive there (like have it packed and have your parents send it down)? I know that I've read how people send packages of things they need for vacation down to the resort, like diapers and all that, because it'd be too expensive to pay for another suitcase. Maybe you can do that for stuff you don't need right away?

I think the Poly has a very similar feel to AKL in that it just provides this crazy atmosphere that makes you feel like you're somewhere else! The huge difference is just how easy it is to hop on the monorail to get to a park! That's why I wanted to stay there, but like you mentioned, that price is insane! Good thing for your CM discount!

Will you be writing a "trip report" type thing or in a blog when you've moved?

My mother and I actually did discuss that I just need to see if Disney gives me a PO box where I can have things sent. That is definitely an option, I'm also looking into space bags to see if I can scoop them up for cheap on ebay and compress everything. I actually got a lot figured out today/yesterday so a ton of the stress is gone which is a HUGE relief.

It's amazing how Disney is able to do that, they can literally transport you anywhere and it's just so perfect!!! The price it outrageous I looked into it just for the heck of it without a discount and I had a heart attack I couldn't believe how much they charge a night. CRAZY.

I have been thinking about it. I am thinking I'll probably to an ongoing trip report/journal where I can just let everyone know whats going on with me/the parks and everything. I know my family (mostly Sam) would LOVE that. I;m not sure how much free time I have but I would be great so that I can remember the experience long after I'm done there and for anyone who's looking to participate in the program later on down the line.

Hold - The - Phone! I am so so so glad you got to visit the Poly :) Im lucky and got to stay there and it was beyond amazing! I cannot wait for your Poly Trip TR:wizard:

All your monorail pictures are awesome! :woohoo: I cannot WAITT to hear the BEE-BOO door sound haha

Wishing you all the luck in the world for your movie to FL! Everything will be just fine, all you gotta do is say hakuna matata! :cool2:

It's not a sure sure thing yet but we talk about it like it is so we are going to to ANYTHING we can to make it happen. I'll be sure to take TONS of pictures on that trip, I know it's something I will want to remember FOREVER and ever :goodvibes

:rotfl: it makes me laugh because I totally heard the noise in my head when I read "BEE-BOO" what simple yet amazing sound!!!

You're right!!! Thinks will work themselves out and I'm sure the stress of moving will totally be more than worth it once I get there. Hakuna Matata is right :thumbsup2

Just a little life update here, I have booked my flight and hotel room for my move to Florida!!! After that afternoon of feeling like I was going to puke I sat down and figured everything out. I booked through southwest and got the room and the flight for less than $200. Wooo Hooo!!! Only downside is that my plane leaves at like 6am I wanted a full day at home but you win some you lose some. The hotel is directly across the street from the apartment complex and all my future roommates will be staying there the night before as well. Since I booked through southwest I also found out that for about $15 bucks they have a shuttle to take me from the airport to the hotel so I have a considerable less amount of stress in my life. Phew. Thank you to every one of the encouraging words, everything did work out for the best!!!

There's So Much Time Travel in Disney
May 27, 2012

When we last left off we were just leaving my beloved Polynesian resort. What a grand and magical time it was. We got in one last magnificent sniff of the lobby and headed out in heard of the bus stop.

I must admit, it was boiling out and I felt like I was on a tropical island with all the humidity. It seemed like it took us 8 years to reach the bus stop. I remember thinking “Why are the buses so far away!?!” of course they weren’t it was just that darn heat.

We sat down in a bench in the shade and I was surprised at the lack of people, then I realized oh yea most people who stay here take the monorail most places, lucky ducks.

The people at the bench next to us were complaining about how long they had been waiting for a Downtown Disney bus, if I remember correctly I heard them say it’s been 15 minute already!!! I had flashbacks to our trip in August where we waited almost an hour for a bus that never came. I wanted to say hold your horses people they say buses run approximately every 20 minutes. I feel like the Downtown Disney buses are always the hardest to catch.

Anyways an Animal Kingdom bus pulled up within 5-10 minutes and as we were about to get on this lady stormed the bus driver asking him where the DTD bus was he said it was on it’s way. Crisis averted.

So we got on the bus raring to go to Animal Kingdom. Poor Andy is crying because I made him leave the Poly. Haha just kidding.

IMG_2475.jpg

We look like such tourists with our Mickey ears and cameras out at all time

IMG_8000.jpg

I like this picture except we both look like we just woke up from a nap

IMG_8001.jpg

This one is a little better.

IMG_8002.jpg

We had a basic plan of what to do when we arrived so all that was left to do was sit back and relax. Andy decided to have some of the fruit snacks we packed. They were Ni-hi Kilan or whatever her name is, we had no idea how to pronounce the name until Brittany told us so we just kept making up random names for the gummies.

Anyways, the blue ones are Andy’s favorite and he ended up getting a pack with almost al blue ones, he was excited

IMG_8003.jpg

I got out my Vinlymation from my last trip because the trading was about to begin. In March I ended up with this one because I really didn’t trade all that much on that trip. This time around I was ready to go!!!

IMG_8004.jpg

Now I must admit, Disney has gotten rid of quite a few of their boxes so it’s a little harder to find places to trade but it’s still possible. I don’t want to say that it wasn’t as fun to trade because it was, it was just a different experience than I had last time.

We arrived at Animal Kingdom a lot quicker than I thought we would. We jumped off the bus and headed straight for the sauna.

IMG_8006.jpg

I had to take a picture of my pass. It’s basically the same as any regular ticket but it came from the special cast member entrance and it was free. HOW COOL!!! The machine spits out a random ticket and both days I ended up with a Goofy pass.

IMG_8005.jpg

So what do we do first? Head to the one reason I always need to visit this park of course!!! Expedition Everest and get some fastpasses. Really this is one of the only reasons I will step foot in this park, that and Yak and Yeti for the lo-mein yum yum yum. But we weren’t going there today we were still full from the taco bowls.

We left Everest with these in hand and headed out in search of another adventure

IMG_8007.jpg

We decided to head over to Dinosaur and get in line for that, on our way we checked out the time for Finding Nemo the musical and saw that there was a show coming up within the next half an hour Sam and Brittany were really thirsty so they said if we waited in line they would run and grab us some drinks. Just as they were about to leave a cast member came up to us and said “There may or may not be show this afternoon, we were suppose to have had 3 already and none of them have happened.”

Did we really want to wait 30 minutes in a line that might not have any results…. Ummm no thanks we’ve seen it before. Maybe next time.

So we all headed over to Restaurantosaurus to “steal” some water. We walked in and saw that the pop/water dispenser was just out in the open so Andy and I decided to fill our Bobble with water while Sam and Brittany asked for cups.

After a quick water break we decided to get in line for Dinosaur. We figured this would be the best line to wait in on standby because it was nice cold and air-conditioned. We jumped in line and I was chosen to be the time keeper...

Just doing my Disney Duty

IMG_2476.jpg

It was so nice and cool in there we could sleep like babies

IMG_8009.jpg

But none of that this is YOLO and we were going to stay awake!!! There is no time for napping.

And to prove that this is YOLO we decided to pose like YOLO. Except we didn’t plan for it being backwards so it was more like OLOY

IMG_8017.jpg

When we got off the ride I spotted a black box in the gift shop so we decided to trade Vinlymations. I ended up with this guy based on 20,000 leagues under the sea

IMG_8023.jpg

And Andy got this cactus guy

IMG_8024.jpg

IMG_8026.jpg

We debated riding it again just so that we could do the picture right but we didn’t. Instead we decided to head to the murdered ride aka Primeval Whirl.

IMG_8030.jpg

While we were in line Sam was modeling her Birthday button that we picked up in Magic Kingdom as we left. Her birthday is May 7th so we were only “a few” days late.

IMG_8031.jpg

I don’t remember if Andy and Brittany had ever been on this ride. Never the less we were in for an experience.

IMG_8032.jpg

We made it on the ride and we were all really excited.

IMG_8033.jpg

YAY DISNEY!!!

IMG_8034.jpg

You are now going to experience round two of ride pictures.

WARNING: Serious laughter ahead.

The ride starts off really easy and fun, going up the giant hill just reading signs about our mission. That’s when we decided that there is a lot of time travel involved with Disney.

IMG_8036.jpg

The wind starts blowing and you start spinning

IMG_8039.jpg

Then you go into the herks and jerks

IMG_8037.jpg

Then It gets really crazy and you can barely keep your head upright. Wooooooah

IMG_8038.jpg

Then it ends and you laugh about how scary, bumpy, jerkish and fun it is

IMG_8040.jpg

After a quick journey back in time we were off once more but where would we head next?

Tune In Next Time!!!

I am glad you got everything figured out for August!

Haha it does look like Andy is really crying in that picture!

Expedition Everest is also the reason I go to the Animal Kingdom. It is one of the best rides in Disney!

OLOY! :laughing:

I love the cactus Vinylmation. The little owl is cute!

Primeval Whirl is just awful. You get whipped around so much but you just have to laugh!

I am glad you got everything figured out for August!

Haha it does look like Andy is really crying in that picture!

Expedition Everest is also the reason I go to the Animal Kingdom. It is one of the best rides in Disney!

OLOY! :laughing:

I love the cactus Vinylmation. The little owl is cute!

Primeval Whirl is just awful. You get whipped around so much but you just have to laugh!

Thanks, me too!!! Such a weight lifted.

I really have no idea what he was doing haha it looks funny, he must have had something in his eye or have been getting sleepy.

I feel bad disliking Animal Kingdom because I love all other aspects of Disney but it doesn't have that much to offer.

We didn't even think about about it being backwards. Oh man!!! :rotfl:

We hadn't been on it in a while so the first few jerks reminded us that this wasn't going to be the most comfortable of rides.​

We really are close, so close. That's why I think it's going to take some HUGE adjustment on my part once I move to Florida but I guess with the Magic Kingdom in my backyard it won't take THAT long :rotfl2:

I LOVE having reasons to go back!!! I've heard that Christmas is such a beautiful time to be in Disney and while the Halloween decorations are probably pretty cool I'm pretty sure that the Osborne Spectacle of Lights will totally make up for it :thumbsup2

We do the best we can to make it an enjoyable time for everyone. Especially this time around we had to make the most out of the few days we were there so we were really amped up on energy and fun.

Thanks for reading along with us, glad to hear that you are enjoying our journey!!!

hahaha Yes, I don't think it will hurt to have Cinderella's castle just minutes away!! I know it would be hard for me to leave my family, but what better place to try than WDW?! lol

Yes, I'm super excited to see all of the Christmas decorations, I CAN NOT wait to see the dancing lights!!:santa:
AHHH this morning I'm just in such an excited Disney mood! haha 144 days 'till we're back!!

I really am enjoying reading about ya'lls adventures--very entertaining! lol

It took me a while to figure out what you guys were trying to spell on your Dinosaur picture!:rotfl:

I'm trying to decide what I should trade for our trip--pins or vinylmations! I don't want to spend money on both at once! hahaha But I definately want to try one of them out!

AK is so fun--I love EE,it's one of my favorites!

We are eating at Y&Y in November, and I'm for sure gettting the Lo Mein! Yummy Yummy!

Have a great weekend!

Great Trip Report!!!
I am glad I found it! :cool1:

Thanks!!! We are glad you found us :thumbsup2 Hope you contiune to enjoy reading along.

hahaha Yes, I don't think it will hurt to have Cinderella's castle just minutes away!! I know it would be hard for me to leave my family, but what better place to try than WDW?! lol

Yes, I'm super excited to see all of the Christmas decorations, I CAN NOT wait to see the dancing lights!!:santa:
AHHH this morning I'm just in such an excited Disney mood! haha 144 days 'till we're back!!

I really am enjoying reading about ya'lls adventures--very entertaining! lol

It took me a while to figure out what you guys were trying to spell on your Dinosaur picture!:rotfl:

I'm trying to decide what I should trade for our trip--pins or vinylmations! I don't want to spend money on both at once! hahaha But I definately want to try one of them out!

AK is so fun--I love EE,it's one of my favorites!

We are eating at Y&Y in November, and I'm for sure gettting the Lo Mein! Yummy Yummy!

Have a great weekend!

My thoughts exactly!!! :rotfl: Sorry family Disney is calling... see ya in 6 months.

Those days are going to FLY. I started counting for my move at like 200 days out I can't believe they how quickly time passes.

We do both pins and Vinlys. We get the pins super cheap off of ebay before we go down. There are pros and cons to both Andy loves pin trading but he hates going up to people and asking to see their pins. The one thing I don't love about pin trading is that so many people buy the started kits that that's what most cast members have on their lanyard is an abundance of the same ones BUT the pin trading hours that they have at the parks/hotels are great because they have a TON more options. I feel like they are slowly weeding out vinly trading, it seemed to me like there were a lot fewer boxes on this trip then there were when we started trading in August.

It's so crazy and thrilling!!! EE is definitely one of my favorite rides.

OH MY GOODNESS Y&Y lo-mein is soooooo goood. Everytime we walk by it I ask Andy "Don't you just, you know, wanna go sit down and maybe get some food?" So good and the best part is that the plate is giant so it's never ending lo-mein haha.

Ahhh you're gonna get to stay at the Poly!? YAY!!!!! Dreams come true. :cloud9:

Fingers cross we will end up there!!! The weekend that they are coming down is a long weekend so I don't know if I will be able to get the discount but we are praying that it all works out. We all have summer jobs and aren't spending a cent until we have enough :rotfl:

So if anyone was looking for yet another Alicia report to read I have started my planning/PTR for my move to Disney. Here is the link incase anyone is looking to read along:

A Very BIG Move for One Little Girl: A Disney College Program Planning Diary.

3am seems SO FAR AWAY…
May 27, 2012

We exited Primeval Whirl shaken up and woken up. Isn’t that right Brittany?

IMG_2478.jpg

Andy was all smiles and laughs too!!! I love when he let’s his inner child out it literally makes me the HAPPIEST person in the world. He gets annoyed because I ask him to do things over and over because I just can’t get over how adorable he is.

IMG_2479.jpg

Where would we head next? Why not just wander over to It’s Tough To Be A Bug?! On the walk over I snapped this shot of Brittany. Girl what time did you wake up at this morning?

IMG_8042.jpg

Don’t see it? After she got off PW and put her ears back on she had put them on backwards!!! Hahaha, how silly.

We made out way to the tree of life and as we approached we noticed this little piece of NEW!!!

IMG_8043.jpg

Sam said that she had read online that one of the branches from the tree of life had fallen down so we thought maybe they had put those nets there for safety purposes.

On our way to the show we actually pulled a dummy mistake. You can see it on our video for a quick second. As we made our way close to the entrance there wasn’t a rope up blocking the wrong way and when the people in front of us turned the corner so did we. We were dancing and singing and having a goodtime and all of a sudden we realized hey the tree is behind us and we are exiting/. What’s going on here?

Turns out we had taken a wrong turn, in our dancing and singing bliss we followed the people in front of us and everyone behind us had just followed us when we all realized this is not where we want to be!!!

It was so funny because the cast members stopped us and said where are you trying to get…? We just laughed and turned around. Whoopsies…

Once we finally found out how to get into the tree, they had us go through a different entrance then we were use to. Weird I had no Idea that there were two entrances into the tree of life. You learn something new everyday!!!

We took the illegal picture with our bug glasses on before we were in the theatre and seated

IMG_8046.jpg

What rebels we are… YOLO!!!

IMG_8047.jpg

We don’t like to stand right by the doors because you tend to get crowded and we were in no rush to get in, after all it’s common knowledge that they are going to make you move all the way down the row so who wants to be in first anyways?!

We decided to take a look around the lobby area. We read all the funny little posters and decided we had to take a picture of this

IMG_8045.jpg

The Dung and I, hugging the poop out of that well… poop!!!

IMG_8044.jpg

We must have arrived JUST as the other show let in because this was the longest wait for this show that I can ever remember. I was getting hungry and restless so I had some snack while Sam and Brittany took a sit down on the floor.

So much happiness in one picture…

IMG_8048.jpg

Girls don’t fall asleep we are not even close to 3 am!!! STAY AWAKE MUST NOT SLEEP

IMG_8049.jpg

That was the first of many times that we just sat down in the middle of where we were standing. Disney is my home so I sit (and nap) where I please!!! Haha

Andy was wide awake!!! Just kidding we were all hitting a wall.

IMG_8051.jpg

You said we have how many hours until 3am? I think that at this point we still had 14 hours until we were allowed to sleep. I rember looking at my phone and being like “we are in the twilight zone, time has stopped!!!” I mean no one would be mad if time stopped while they were in Disney but at the moment this was how I felt…

IMG_8052.jpg

haha what a typical Alicia face.

We were finally let into the theatre and the air felt so nice and the seats were just so welcoming we made ourselves at home and enjoyed the show, which I never realized was so short. Thos people in there before us must have watched it twice because I felt like I spent SO MUCH more time waiting that actually watching haha.

We all got stabbed in the back and sent on our way. On the very first trip Andy went on with our family way back in 2009 we saw ITTBAB and Andy didn’t know to sit back all the way and he didn’t feel the bees. Now he makes sure to sit back every time and continuously says “I don’t know why I sit back, that part isn’t any fun”.

From there we made our way back out of the tree of life (for the second time haha) the afternoon Jamin’ Jungle parade was just passing by. OH MAN crowdmania. We wasted prime ride time on ITTBAB. Darn. Oh well we decided that we wanted to go on Kalih River Rapids to cool down.

Now if you have been to Disney on a hot day you know not to do this ride without fastpasses because in this sauna of a park that’s where everyone wants to be. We went to check out the wait time and then decided we would do best to get some cold treats before we waited the 30 minutes (not too bad right? Just wait).

First stop was a delicious icy sour treat. One of my favorite things to get in Animal Kingdom, a nice frozen lemonade!!! I debated getting the blue raspberry one but since I had just gotten that one in August I decided to switch it up.

Delicious SOUR lemony goodness.
IMG_8053.jpg

Our next treat led us on a hunt around the back half of the park. Brittany was craving a Mickey Premium Bar and let me tell you we could not find a stand to save our lives. Usually those things are everywhere, except when you want them I suppose.

We finally found one way in the back behind Kali River Rapids. Perfect.

IMG_8054.jpg

We made our way to get in the hottest and longest line of our lives. I sapped a candid and Brittany was like I lion at feeding time, don’t come near me I’m enjoying this Mickey Bar!!!

IMG_8055.jpg

Before we realized that this was going to be the worst wait of our life we were very happy to be going on a water ride

IMG_8056.jpg

After a five minute wait in the line our Animal Kingdom paper straw gave out. Just got too soggy and wouldn’t stir our lemonade anymore. Disney world problems

IMG_8057.jpg

We spent 20 minutes in the same spot outside. Right near where the line split between the standby and the fastpass. Andy kept getting angry beucase they just kept walking by. The girls were not happy. Why did we do this to ourselves?!

IMG_8058.jpg

I remember tweeting something about how this is the WORST LINE OF ALL TIME!!! The someone from school tweeted at me about how they enjoyed reading all my Disney tweets and how Disney should pay me to live tweet for them. What a job that would be, that’s what my twitter will turn into in August… Disney 24/7!!! AHHHHHHH.

We made it into the first room and waited another 12 years. I literally was literally so sore that I sat down on the ground and just crawled through the line at this point.

You know just crawling through lines in Disney, no time for an afternoon nap!!! Now that’s real dedication. You think I’m kidding but really I would crawl two strides and just sit for 10 minutes.

Sam’s feet were feeling the pain and her eyelids were feeling the pressure. We really just did sit where ever we felt like it.

536850_10151749266040507_1686539583_n.jpg

We were closer to 3am but we still had at least 12 hours to go!!!

After about an hour we finally made it close to the front of the line!!! When we got into the room with the radio announcement a cast member came over the PA to announce that there was a bad thunderstorm on the radar and that they might have to shut down the ride at any given time so if you want to risk it stay in line if not get out now.

OF COURSE!!! Just as we make it to the front. Slowly we made it out of the hot sweaty line and we were being loaded into our raft. Andy was VERY skeptical of this ride because the last time we were on it he didn’t have a drop of water touch him due to weight placement.

We were placed in a raft with 4 other random people, they were a really good time. And wouldn’t you know Andy had NOTHING to worry about this time we ended up soaked to the bone, completely drenched!!! Don’t believe me check these out.

Ok well maybe this ones not the best example they had rebraided their wet hair so they looked pretty normal

IMG_8059.jpg

Andy and I don’t look that soaked either but trust me we were!!! That’s why my vera is so far away from me I didn’t want it to get wet and have the dye from my nclothes ruin it haha

IMG_8060.jpg

We decided that we needed to dry off and what better way to do that then to use these guys

IMG_8062.jpg

Off to Expedition Everest we headed…

Tune In Next Time!!!

Hello Hello Hello, I am sorry for my absence. Work has gotten the best of me this week, I started out with 13 hours and now I have worked 25+ (gotta save for that Poly trip!!!). So, basically I have just been working and sleeping BUT I am here with an update for you that I hope you enjoy…

"THE MARBLE DOORS" of Animal Kingdom
May 27, 2012

After we were doing being drenched on Khali River Rapids we decided that there was no better way to dry off then taking that wild tea train on a crazy Yeti hunt!!!

We jumped in the fastpass line and we were literally on within 3 minutes and it only took us that long because we had to walk through to the front of the line.

We were seated and ready to go in no time!!! Second and third row of the entire car. Look that’s the front right there!!!

IMG_8063.jpg

I usually like the back but there were a bunch of those “we’re too cool for Disney” teenage boys in front of us who we ended up getting split up from because they wanted to wait to ride the in back. No ones mad that we got split up. Bye….

And we were off on our way. Sam loves the guy in the background of this picture because he seems to smile for all the photos I took on the ride and if you watch the video closely when I do my scared yeti scream he just laughs at me and looks like he is enjoying himself so much!!!

IMG_8065.jpg

So incase you didn’t realize…

It’s time for some ride pictures!!!

IMG_8066.jpg

Everytime I go on this ride I take a picture on the ride up the hill. Don’t know why, maybe one day the park will have tons of new things and my kids will look back and be like “WOW, Animal Kingdom was boring back then” to which I will respond “You’re telling me!!!”

IMG_8068.jpg

And then we were faced with an issue…

No tracks? This tends to happen to me a lot? Has anyone else experienced this problem before? Hahaha

IMG_8070.jpg

I think I found the culprit , silly Yeti!!!

IMG_8072.jpg

We went through my favorite tunnel and I picked my feet up as we were racing backwards as Bobby taught me to do on our March trip (if you haven’t tried it and are looking for a little extra thrill, pick your feet up as you go backwards. CRAZY)

We decided that that ride was so good that we would just jump in the standby line. 2o minutes?! That’s not bad at all!!!

Or so we thought….

Let me just tell you something. I found the Animal Kingdom version of “THE MARBLE DOORS” from Rock n’ Roller Coaster. Now, if you haven’t heard me talk about the marble doors let me give you the simple run down…

If you ever happen to see me in line for Rock n’ Roller coaster and we are standing near “THE MARBLE DOORS” don’t you dare touch them or I will come back and write about you in my next TR!!! Haha But really, the marble doors are the worst invention EVER.

Now where was I? Oh yes…

“THE MARBLE DOORS” of the Animal Kingdom which much like their forfathers can really only be experienced when you are in the standby line. What are they you ask? The most annoying bells I have ever heard in my life.

When you reach the room outside with people throwing spare change at the Yeti monument with all the rotten fruit scattered about you have reached “THE MARBLE DOORS” of the Animal Kingdom.

The thing that got me about these bells is that most of them are too high for your average children to reach, luckily the adults in the party in front of us were kind enough to life every child in their party up to ring the heck out of these bells. When one of the young men could hear me muttering under my breath to “STOP RINIGNG THOSE DARN BELLLLLLSSSSS” decided that he has not had enough bell ringing fun he started climbing all over EVERYTHING in the queue to get one more ring-a-ding-ding out of those “lovely” bells. I was tweeting up a storm and tossing around stank eyes like it was nobody’s business. I get that you want to have fun in Disney, I am all about having fun in Disney but lets move this line along PLEASE!!!

Rant over. The bells stopped ringing not in my mind just in reality.

We made it into one of the rooms where we got a little backed up and wouldn’t you know, we got stuck near a great opportunity for

BE THAT STAUTE: Round 2

The lovely contestants of this round…

Sam with a VERY life like impersonation

IMG_8074.jpg

Brittany, sorry her’s is a little dark/blurry

IMG_8075.jpg

Andy who really got into this round

IMG_8076.jpg

And myself, pretty life like right?

IMG_8077.jpg

Such a fun wait to pass a wait time. On your next trip give it a try and make sure to show me pictures of how it went. I’d love to see people do the ones we did or even other funny ones!!!

We made it so close to the front of the line, I asked Andy to put my ears in his bag so that I wouldn’t lose them but first I made him model them. I don’t know what I like more poor Andy or the professional photo bomber Sam

IMG_8078.jpg

We were let on the ride and this time? Back of the bus… YAY!!!

Are we ready for the best seat in the house?

IMG_8079.jpg
\

While I loved the guy who was sitting behind us on the ride before I loved that Sam and Brittany were in the ride photos this time around

IMG_8080.jpg

Here we gooooooooooo (notice he poor petrified kid in the row behind us, he also makes somewhat of an appearance in our video, the part where Sam and Brittany scream, he is so scared and I think he was actually crying but his mom was just laughing…)

IMG_8081.jpg

So much attitude and personality capturing in one photo

IMG_8083.jpg

Yeti tunnel

IMG_8084.jpg

Are you sure this ride doesn’t go upside down?! I’d ask the little kid behind him but I don’t think he saw much of the ride. Poor thing

IMG_8088.jpg

We give this ride two thumbs up

IMG_8089.jpg

We got off and loved everything about the picture this ride captured. I think my favorite part is that the way the border is it makes Sam look like she has a giant Yeti hand and is going to kill Brittany

IMG_8090.jpg

We walked through the Yeti gift shop and I found a really cute Yeti winter hate which I still wish I would have purchased. We debated riding again but the standby wait time jumped up and we were not looking to experiencing those bells again. Andy later told me that he was glad we skipped the third time around because he was feeling a little woozie from riding twice in a row.

From there we accomplished all that we had wanted to in this park so we decided it was time to head back to the room and get out of our damp clothing and get ready for an AMAZING DINNER!!!

On our way out of the park we spotted these cast members who seemed to be in love

IMG_8092.jpg

Precious!!!

Miday leaving the park how are we all feeling?

Sam?

IMG_8093.jpg

Brittany?

IMG_8094.jpg

Andy?

IMG_8095.jpg

Over all consensus? We were pooped, but there is no time for resting. We have to stay awake until 3 am keep it together guys.

Let me tell you the resort bus sighting couldn’t have been anymore perfect. We loaded on and were off to the hotel to mellow and by that I meant get ready for some more running!!!

Tune In Next Time!!!

Next time I go on Everest I will definitely try the feet lifting thing...but sadly I don't enjoy the ride that much. For some reason I always feel pressure on my neck like something is pushing it down. But anyway my little brother(7 but was 5 at the time he rode it) and I rode it 5 times in a row...lol. The little guy would squeeze my arm so tight but always had a smile on his face and never had his eyes closed. But I feel like it would be more scary with your eyes closed because it is like going on the swings with your eyes closed.

Love your on-ride pictures from Primeval Whirl! I have recently started taking more videos in Disney, and I try to remind myself to move the camera to face Howard and me because sometimes those reactions are way more fun to have recorded than just the ride around us!

Haha, it's funny that you missed the entrance for ITTBAB! Since we were there at the same time, we saw the nets there too. I was thinking it was going to be a long wait because I remembered walking around more of the tree the last time we were there, but I guess they changed it due to the fallen branch or something (I saw that online too a while back).

Oh man, even just READING about your long wait for Kali made me impatient for you! Haha, and I'm at home sitting in AC right now. Glad you guys were able to ride before it shut down!

The mention of those marble doors again! I'm gonna wait until you get a video of it so I can finally understand the annoyance!

Awww, that poor kid on EE! I wonder if he got a souvenir after agreeing to ride!

I'm loving your TR! I just finished the CP myself last Fall and am seasonal now so believe me, I've also reaped the benefits of a more affordable Disney trip :thumbsup2 Great for us minimum hourly wagers!

Another TR!! I can't believe I missed so much already. But, I just caught up!:thumbsup2

Great trip so far! Starting at 7:45 and going until 3 am? Wow. I give you credit! Can't wait to keep reading!

Next time I go on Everest I will definitely try the feet lifting thing...but sadly I don't enjoy the ride that much. For some reason I always feel pressure on my neck like something is pushing it down. But anyway my little brother(7 but was 5 at the time he rode it) and I rode it 5 times in a row...lol. The little guy would squeeze my arm so tight but always had a smile on his face and never had his eyes closed. But I feel like it would be more scary with your eyes closed because it is like going on the swings with your eyes closed.

Yea that's the going backward part!!! It feels like you are being folded in half almost. It's crazy the amount of pressure makes me feel like I am going upside down.

Awww how precious. I think that if I was a younger kid when that ride came out I definitely would have either chickened out kept my eyes closed the entire time.

Love your on-ride pictures from Primeval Whirl! I have recently started taking more videos in Disney, and I try to remind myself to move the camera to face Howard and me because sometimes those reactions are way more fun to have recorded than just the ride around us!

Haha, it's funny that you missed the entrance for ITTBAB! Since we were there at the same time, we saw the nets there too. I was thinking it was going to be a long wait because I remembered walking around more of the tree the last time we were there, but I guess they changed it due to the fallen branch or something (I saw that online too a while back).

Oh man, even just READING about your long wait for Kali made me impatient for you! Haha, and I'm at home sitting in AC right now. Glad you guys were able to ride before it shut down!

The mention of those marble doors again! I'm gonna wait until you get a video of it so I can finally understand the annoyance!

Awww, that poor kid on EE! I wonder if he got a souvenir after agreeing to ride!

Exactly. I started out taking video on Primeval Whirl but it's not like when you watch it back you are going to get the full effect of the ride in watching shaky videos, the pictures capture so much more.

Now that you mention it that's probably why we were so confused!!! I remember spending so much more time around the tree and it was like plop there's an entrance way looking thing, no, no that can't be right we haven't spent enough time in line :rotfl:

I don't know why that is ALWAYS the longest line ever. At least we got soaked this time around so it totally made up for it.

Ahhhh THE MARBLE DOORSSSS :crazy2::mad::rotfl: That will literally be my first mission once I get my cast member I.D. get to Rock n' Roller coaster and get you that video so you know EXACTLY what I am talking about.

I'm loving your TR! I just finished the CP myself last Fall and am seasonal now so believe me, I've also reaped the benefits of a more affordable Disney trip :thumbsup2 Great for us minimum hourly wagers!

YAY!!! Thank you, I love hearing about people who enjoy reading along. Glad you found us :thumbsup2

HOW EXCITING!!! Did you love it? I feel like Fall is the best semester to do because you get to be there for like every major event. Haha this trip and the one in the works will definitely be all about reaping the benefits :rotfl:

Another TR!! I can't believe I missed so much already. But, I just caught up!:thumbsup2

Great trip so far! Starting at 7:45 and going until 3 am? Wow. I give you credit! Can't wait to keep reading!

I feel like I am on a roll but I also feel bad because I have yet to finish one. The other two are up to the last days, guess I just don't want to relive leaving :rotfl: Glad you were able to catch up. At the begging I was chugging along but then I went back to work so updates have been pretty far apart. Hope you enjoy reading the rest.

Thanks, we were having a BLAST!!! We actually ended up going way later than 3am but I will save that for later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter