was asked to leave store after DH and me have been in store for 10 minutes

Oh dear Lord...I'm feeling faint just thinking about it. My DH actually yanked out about half my bed of perennial lilies of the valley when they first came up two years ago because he thought they were weeds. :rotfl2:

I was soooo mad at my DH a couple of years ago when he weed whacked my Dahlias. They used to grow at least three feet with beautiful red blooms but not anymore. :( That was his first year into his retirement. I watch him like a hawk now when he has the weed whacker out!!!

But.........as far as this whole grocery part of this thread; he has been a gem doing our grocery shopping. Really!! :love:

Last edited:
Not promising this will work, but try:
  • Pull a t-shirt over your head, stopping when the collar is on the bridge of your nose.
  • Fold the bottom of the shirt up so the hem meets the collar.
  • Tie the sleeves behind your head.
I mean, it works as a mask, but not if you can't breath through it.

Thanks! I will try that!

I live in the Atlanta area. Masks are not required here, but I have been wearing one on the rare times I shop at the grocery store. I consider it sort of low hanging fruit to show that I am trying while I am social distancing. There are still plenty of others that are completely clueless though.

I get the debate over the effectiveness of the masks. My husband is a medical professional.

At this point, I feel it has become more of a symbol and I guess I am fine with that for now.

I live in the Atlanta area. Masks are not required here, but I have been wearing one on the rare times I shop at the grocery store. I consider it sort of low hanging fruit to show that I am trying while I am social distancing. There are still plenty of others that are completely clueless though.

I get the debate over the effectiveness of the masks. My husband is a medical professional.

At this point, I feel it has become more of a symbol and I guess I am fine with that for now.
So glad you are wearing your mask. It truly is not a symbol. It can literally save someone else’s life.

So glad you are wearing your mask. It truly is not a symbol. It can literally save someone else’s life.

I get that - my point is that I am looking past the debate of is it required or not, or how effective it is. Seems like a fairly simple accommodation even though it is a bit awkward or uncomfortable. But it is worth it for the few minutes I have it on.

Stop & Shop is running an ad now that ends with a list:. Not exact quote, but in order:
  • Please shop solo
  • Please respect one-way aisles
  • Wear a mask
  • Thank you for [somehing, I forget]
I haven't been to one, so don't know if these are requests or requirements, but thought especially the first item is interesting, given this thread.

You guys who are not “hard hit” are so fortunate. I live in a hot zone and work in a hospital. We have a refrigerator truck outside for dead bodies because the morgue can’t hold them all.

And that is with pretty stringent social distancing. I can’t imagine what it would be like if we hadn’t done social distancing rules

Stop & Shop is running an ad now that ends with a list:. Not exact quote, but in order:
  • Please shop solo
  • Wear a mask
I haven't been to one, so don't know if these are requests or requirements, but thought especially the first item is interesting, given this thread.
This is basically a request. Went shopping a few days ago and they had a sign by the door, but not requiring masks and there were plenty of families in there with several family members. I think I read that they will not be requiring masks. But most people did have them on. The aisles were set up for one way and people were pretty good about following it.

Oh dear Lord...I'm feeling faint just thinking about it. My DH actually yanked out about half my bed of perennial lilies of the valley when they first came up two years ago because he thought they were weeds. :rotfl2:

Yeah, that's why we usually weed together. Weeds I can identify are easy (dandelion, onion grass, garlic mustard, red deadnettle), although drumstick allium and onion grass look alike.

Recording what, exactly? Just the numbers in-and-out or stopping people to collect personal information? There has been a lot of talk here about how implementing extensive "contact tracing" programs will be an important next step in continuing to reduce the spread but I've not seen any procedures in action, nor heard exactly what all will be done.

There is a sign on the windows of the store with a capacity limit - which has been reduced greatly due to the virus.
The worker keeps track of how many people enter and exit the store to make sure that they stay within the capacity quota.

We are a small town and there has never been a line to get into the store. The store also implemented new hours of operation - 11 am-7 pm daily.
They do open an hour early on certain days for first responders and medical workers and also their own store employees to shop, as well as those who are immune compromised/elderly.

This is basically a request.
Well, really, it's not basically a request. It's an actual request. Hence the use of "Please" instead of "Must". But there's valid reasoning for the reques.
I think I read that they will not be requiring masks
The chain, likely not. But the city where each store is located, very possibly. Imcluding expensive fines for being unmasked.

Related note: effective Monday, May 4, Costco will require shoppers to wear masks https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/n...customers-will-be-required-to-wear-masks.html

• Please shop solo
  • Wear a mask
I was at a MA Stop and Shop yesterday and it was way less organized than Market Basket has been. They did make announcements about shopping solo but did not seem to be enforcing it. Everyone was wearing a mask. They had someone counting capacity at the door but they were not at capacity so there was no line. The aisles were marked but every aisle I went down had a person coming the other direction (the wrong way) so no one enforced that either. Fortunately the store was not very crowded.

I have been shopping every 2 weeks if I can stretch it and the last two times have gone to Market Basket but it is a longer drive for me so I decided to give Stop as Shop a try yesterday but I wish I had just gone to Market Basket. I’ve had better luck with things being in stock at Market Basket as well.

Our state at first said don't wear masks. They don't do anything. I'm sure that was so that people wouldn't buy up all the N95 masks. Now they are saying everyone should wear them. So I doubt the effectiveness. I'll wear one at the grocery and other such places for a while but not for long. My son works at Walgreens and has to wear one so I appreciate others helping to keep him safe.

Oh, no, see, I know what's in what aisle, it's just while I am at home ordering the items in my list I don't remember which aisle is where in the store. Is it cereal/crackers, then soda/coffee, then snack, then pasta? Or is it soda/coffee, then cereal/crackers, etc. See what I mean? I know rice and potatoes and pasta are in, but is that, but I can't remember if that is aisle 7 or 8. By the time I'm in the store, I know what aisle is what.

See what I mean?

Honestly I should just write the order aisles on a note in my phone. :)
When I do a shopping list on the store website (Publix) it tells me the aisle number and puts the list in order by aisle number. Only bad thing is it puts the produce and bakery stuff at the end of the list when it’s the first section of the store. Since I copy my list to paper so I am not taking my phone, I just swap it.

Our state at first said don't wear masks. They don't do anything. I'm sure that was so that people wouldn't buy up all the N95 masks. Now they are saying everyone should wear them. So I doubt the effectiveness. I'll wear one at the grocery and other such places for a while but not for long. My son works at Walgreens and has to wear one so I appreciate others helping to keep him safe.
So you doubt the effectiveness of masks...yet appreciate others wearing them to help keep your son safe, although you don't think they work? And you will wear one for a while, but then will stop, so you will only be "helping" (possibly, maybe not) to keep others safe for just that time period you decide to wear one? Um...ok? :scared:

So you doubt the effectiveness of masks...yet appreciate others wearing them to help keep your son safe, although you don't think they work? And you will wear one for a while, but then will stop, so you will only be "helping" (possibly, maybe not) to keep others safe for just that time period you decide to wear one? Um...ok? :scared:
I’m saying I don’t know what to believe. Things change day to day. And since people are told the masks help, I appreciate people being willing to wear them. However I think the whole idea will eventually go by the wayside.
Not sure why you felt the need to be nasty

Not sure why you felt the need to be nasty
I disagree that the poster youvquoted was being nasty. Consider it this way: you are grateful that Walgreens shoppers wear masks because it keeps your son safe(r). Okay. Now,starting one day soon, nobody shopping in his store wears masks. Now he's not safe, or much less safe. Not okay, right?

But you, starting one day soon, will stop wearing masks in public. That's unsafe for anyone you encounter. Curious why it's okay for you, but not okay for your son's customers.

I disagree that the poster youvquoted was being nasty. Consider it this way: you are grateful that Walgreens shoppers wear masks because it keeps your son safe(r). Okay. Now,starting one day soon, nobody shopping in his store wears masks. Now he's not safe, or much less safe. Not okay, right?

But you, starting one day soon, will stop wearing masks in public. That's unsafe for anyone you encounter. Curious why it's okay for you, but not okay for your son's customers.
One day soon there will be less cases, contact tracing, a treatment, and or a vaccine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter