Water damage on Magic

Clarkson U

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have knowledge on the water damage to staterooms on the Magic.

Locations, types of rooms impacted, etc?

I believe this just happpened within the past month.

TIA

I assume the same but was curious as to if anyone on the Magic lately has heard
More about it than just something happened.
If it was anything, there would have been multiple posts here on it. My guess is if it happened, it wasn't anything that couldn't be fixed with more than a wet/dry vacuum.

Just got off the Magic (April 1). Noticed some carpets looked wetter than usual, and there were some fans on Deck 3 near the bars. Our room was on Deck 7.I was talking to our room host and said the ship looked pretty good considering it was due for drydock. He laughed and said it looked good to guests, but there had been some scrambling on the previous cruise. According to him, there was a water leak that impacted Decks 6 and 5. Some rooms flooded and guests were moved to lower decks. Not sure how many rooms were impacted. I did notice more maintenance in the halls than usual. I suspect they were making sure the leaks had stopped and trying to prevent any more.

Didn't negatively impact our cruise at all, but the ship did seem a bit more damp than usual.

Just got off the Magic (April 1). Noticed some carpets looked wetter than usual, and there were some fans on Deck 3 near the bars. Our room was on Deck 7.I was talking to our room host and said the ship looked pretty good considering it was due for drydock. He laughed and said it looked good to guests, but there had been some scrambling on the previous cruise. According to him, there was a water leak that impacted Decks 6 and 5. Some rooms flooded and guests were moved to lower decks. Not sure how many rooms were impacted. I did notice more maintenance in the halls than usual. I suspect they were making sure the leaks had stopped and trying to prevent any more.

Didn't negatively impact our cruise at all, but the ship did seem a bit more damp than usual.
Thank you

We watched a you tube family on the sailing that got flooded. They are called Adventures in Millerland. It was interesting. When we were on the Magic in December water was pouring down one of the elevator shafts in the aft. We notified someone immediately. It was still happening that evening (was blocked off).

We watched a you tube family on the sailing that got flooded. They are called Adventures in Millerland. It was interesting. When we were on the Magic in December water was pouring down one of the elevator shafts in the aft. We notified someone immediately. It was still happening that evening (was blocked off).
Hopefully they fix these issues during dry dock. Did anyone offer insight into the reason for this water down an electrically driven elevator shaft ?

Does anyone have knowledge on the water damage to staterooms on the Magic.

Locations, types of rooms impacted, etc?

I believe this just happpened within the past month.

TIA
I was on the Magic when you sent this. As was a poster on the prior page. I did notice the left elevator in the real of the ship was never working. At least not at the restaurant levels. Broken/missing Mickey hand and no “arm” for the hand. The elevators were a little jerky like they needed a tune up(if that’s a thing)

We were in room 6154 on the cruise with you and l noticed some humidity but assumed it was New Orleans. I’m unable to guess if it was local conditions or prior storm repercussions. But other than the elevators, I really didn’t notice any issues on the ship.

I read somewhere else it was mainly deck 8 that was affected - right before we went on the Magic staying on deck 8 aft. While getting to our state room the first day, we did notice one spot where there was a little dripping coming out of a speaker in the hallway. It seemed like crew must have noticed because it was fixed up quickly. That was the entirety of any dripping / water damage that we noticed the whole 5 days.

I read somewhere else it was mainly deck 8 that was affected - right before we went on the Magic staying on deck 8 aft. While getting to our state room the first day, we did notice one spot where there was a little dripping coming out of a speaker in the hallway. It seemed like crew must have noticed because it was fixed up quickly. That was the entirety of any dripping / water damage that we noticed the whole 5 days.
We are staying on deck 8 in mid-Sept, hope the dry dock fixes these things! 😬

Not exactly the same but on the first day of our cruise on March 27 we were sitting in Cabanas near a window when it started pouring outside. There was a leak and I had rainwater dripping exactly on my plate. Not fun to have to move and go get a new plate but not a huge deal. I had heard about the flooding issue before we left so this made me nervous but we didn't have any other issues during the rest of the cruise.

Not exactly the same but on the first day of our cruise on March 27 we were sitting in Cabanas near a window when it started pouring outside. There was a leak and I had rainwater dripping exactly on my plate. Not fun to have to move and go get a new plate but not a huge deal. I had heard about the flooding issue before we left so this made me nervous but we didn't have any other issues during the rest of the cruise.
What a way to start a cruise! Glad you didn’t have any other issues! Hoping dry dock fixes these issues!

We are on the final sailing before dry dock departing today, will let you know the status.
@TRTRguy thsnks so much! I am on the next sailing - the first one right after dry dock that departs on 5/5 along with a few others from this board so I know we will all appreciate any insight you have for us. Have a great cruise!

Again we were on the final cruise before dry dock. Noticed a lot of water stained carpet in all the aft elevator lobby, and 1 aft elevator all the way starboard was not working the whole cruise.

Again we were on the final cruise before dry dock. Noticed a lot of water stained carpet in all the aft elevator lobby, and 1 aft elevator all the way starboard was not working the whole cruise.
Thanks. Any other issues that you noticed with water and staterooms or hear anything else of interest. Hope you had a nice cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter