Water damage on Magic

Water damage can be a serious issue, especially on a cruise ship. For information specific to the locations and types of rooms impacted, I recommend contacting the cruise line directly or checking their official announcements for updates. They should be able to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the situation.If you're dealing with water damage in your own home or property, it's important to address it quickly to prevent further damage. Consider reaching out to a professional cleanup service like water damage cleanup cypress tx. They have the expertise and equipment to properly clean up and restore areas affected by water damage, ensuring your home is safe and dry.

Are you a bot?

Are you a bot?
Yes, it happens regularly. Some old thread gets bumped up with a nonsensical comment. I always report them as spam. These posts then regularly disappear quickly (thanks to the moderators) after reported and then the bumped thread goes back into the depth of the forums where it belongs to.

Yes, it happens regularly. Some old thread gets bumped up with a nonsensical comment. I always report them as spam. These posts then regularly disappear quickly (thanks to the moderators) after reported and then the bumped thread goes back into the depth of the forums where it belongs to.

It really threw me off. The thread popped up and I started reading it, not noticing this was 2023. I kept thinking, "we are getting on this ship in two weeks, how in the world is it going into drydock?"

It really threw me off. The thread popped up and I started reading it, not noticing this was 2023. I kept thinking, "we are getting on this ship in two weeks, how in the world is it going into drydock?"
Yes, that’s why reporting and not replying is the best way to deal with these odd bots. I hate old thread resurrections! It confuses everyone so much, especially newbies who have never experienced that before and don’t even think to look at a date. And I am fully aware that replying to you now doesn’t make it any better!! 😊

I hate old thread resurrections! It confuses everyone so much, especially newbies who have never experienced that before and don’t even think to look at a date. And I am fully aware that replying to you now doesn’t make it any better!! 😊
Of course the DIS now prompts you when you try to post a new thread to instead post to an existing thread. That is something other discussion boards have done for years. Works better to have all comments in one thread without regard to how long ago it was created. Otherwise you get the boards clogged up with multiple pots on the same topic.

Of course the DIS now prompts you when you try to post a new thread to instead post to an existing thread. That is something other discussion boards have done for years. Works better to have all comments in one thread without regard to how long ago it was created. Otherwise you get the boards clogged up with multiple pots on the same topic.
That’s true - unless the thread is ten years old and full of wrong information. I wish I could remember the most recent example I’ve read - actually, I think the thread was closer to twenty years old!

That’s true - unless the thread is ten years old and full of wrong information. I wish I could remember the most recent example I’ve read - actually, I think the thread was closer to twenty years old!
In this case, the thread is a few days over a year old.

In this case, the thread is a few days over a year old.
Yes, but as we saw it spooks someone about an issue that is no longer an issue now. It was resurrected by a spam bot.

I also think sometimes a new thread is warranted if you can’t find an exact fit for your question. People come to thread and answer to the first question in post 1. And then the new question on page three gets ignored because the first post sparks a whole new, no longer relevant discussion.

I don’t mind people starting new threads. I do mind people not searching for an answer before they post.

Yes, but as we saw it spooks someone about an issue that is no longer an issue now. It was resurrected by a spam bot.

I also think sometimes a new thread is warranted if you can’t find an exact fit for your question. People come to thread and answer to the first question in post 1. And then the new question on page three gets ignored because the first post sparks a whole new, no longer relevant discussion.

I don’t mind people starting new threads. I do mind people not searching for an answer before they post.
But like I said, it is pretty much standard for Internet Boards to ask members to reply to existing threads not start new ones. It keeps the boards tidy.

But like I said, it is pretty much standard for Internet Boards to ask members to reply to existing threads not start new ones. It keeps the boards tidy.
I agree, and I like that DISboards lists several possibilities too - sometimes that’s been more effective than the search I tried first!

It’s too bad the bots can pull up old threads regardless.

I agree, and I like that DISboards lists several possibilities too - sometimes that’s been more effective than the search I tried first!

It’s too bad the bots can pull up old threads regardless.
Its all about clicks. More clicks, more money for a website. Advertisers aren't looking at how old a thread is. A thread from two years ago with 100 replies.....only two of them recent is better than Four new threads with 25 replies.

Its all about clicks. More clicks, more money for a website. Advertisers aren't looking at how old a thread is. A thread from two years ago with 100 replies.....only two of them recent is better than Four new threads with 25 replies.
Yes, unfortunately!

I wish someone would resurrect some of those old odd cruise experience threads. Those are classic. But I have nothing interesting to add that would justify posting to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter