Wave Phone Details

Just out of curiousity - were the Wave Phones always free of charge (besides the damaged/lost fee)? For some reason I remember there was once a charge for them... ?

WDWChloe said:
Just out of curiousity - were the Wave Phones always free of charge (besides the damaged/lost fee)? For some reason I remember there was once a charge for them... ?

There is no charge to use the Wave phones. There is a rental charge if you need more Wave phones than what's already provided in your stateroom.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I was on etsy and wanted to buy a wave phone holder but the Disney magic has a new larger wave phone that does not fit in the holders. Does anyone know the new dimensions of the new wave phones on the magic?

This is my first attempt at making a Wave phone holder from leather. I would love everyone's feedback

I made a wooden block to the size of the wave phone and then stitched the leather together for a snug fit to prevent accidents.

20140218_172356.jpg

20140218_172411.jpg

20140218_172347.jpg

I was on etsy and wanted to buy a wave phone holder but the Disney magic has a new larger wave phone that does not fit in the holders. Does anyone know the new dimensions of the new wave phones on the magic?

I have asked this question before, no one seems to have the answer. Hope you get a response.

Sorry but I think it will be a pain to have to check for messages every 5-10 minutes. I don't exactly want to be attached to a phone 24/7 on my vacation. However since they are taking place of the pagers for the kids clubs (which did have a sound option) it does not look like I will have any choice.

I don't seem to remember hearing constant paging sounds on our previous cruises. It does not have to be a full on ring but some kind of audible alert would be a nice option. I am sure many people would choose the vibration option anyway.

They definitely do ring! You can change the settings... I know when we were in Palo the table next to ours rang a few times and each time it did, at least four other tables reached for their purses/pockets/etc... it was actually a little humorous and gave us cause to chat up our "neighbors."

They definitely do ring! You can change the settings... I know when we were in Palo the table next to ours rang a few times and each time it did, at least four other tables reached for their purses/pockets/etc... it was actually a little humorous and gave us cause to chat up our "neighbors."

On our January 2013 cruise, we could not change the setting to ring. The option was not active. Is this a change? I hope so!!!! I really would love some type of sound alert for the boys, since they keep their phone in a backpack sack as opposed to their pocket. 3 more days til we head for Miami!!!!!!

too many WDW trips to mention, 2007 Wonder Concierge, January 2013 Wonder Concierge, WDW AKL Concierge Nov 2013, March 2014 Walter E. Disney Suite (finally!!!!)

I was on the pre-pre-Inagural cruise of the Dream, which as far as I know was the very first sailing of any Disney ship that had paying guests aboard to have wave phones. They were free then, so I feel comfortable in saying that they have always been free.

On our January 2013 cruise, we could not change the setting to ring. The option was not active. Is this a change? I hope so!!!! I really would love some type of sound alert for the boys, since they keep their phone in a backpack sack as opposed to their pocket. 3 more days til we head for Miami!!!!!!

too many WDW trips to mention, 2007 Wonder Concierge, January 2013 Wonder Concierge, WDW AKL Concierge Nov 2013, March 2014 Walter E. Disney Suite (finally!!!!)

On our first two cruises, the ring option was locked out, except on one of the rentals we got - the stateroom ones were locked.

On our last cruise on the Magic, it had the new Wave phones. Neither the ones on the room, nor the rental we got were not locked out and you could change turn on the ringtone.

This is my first attempt at making a Wave phone holder from leather. I would love everyone's feedback

I made a wooden block to the size of the wave phone and then stitched the leather together for a snug fit to prevent accidents.

Are these the size on the Dream? And would you be willing to share the dimensions? Anne

Are these the size on the Dream? And would you be willing to share the dimensions? Anne

Yes please, can someone going on magic please check the wave phone dimensions for us Dis-ers. I was planning on making these holders with clips for FE gifts and now I might be way out of luck.
Thanks in advance

It is nice to know they ring now. :thumbsup2

Yes please, can someone going on magic please check the wave phone dimensions for us Dis-ers. I was planning on making these holders with clips for FE gifts and now I might be way out of luck. Thanks in advance It is nice to know they ring now. :thumbsup2

The wave phones on the Magic now have a clip on the back. I didn't measure them I'm afraid, but you can see the clip in this photo.
31461C86-DEE8-405E-9669-635DC3C0FF71_zps0egzeali.jpg

The wave phones on the Magic now have a clip on the back. I didn't measure them I'm afraid, but you can see the clip in this photo.
31461C86-DEE8-405E-9669-635DC3C0FF71_zps0egzeali.jpg

Are all the outlets in the staterooms like this one? If so, one can purchase an outlet converter and essentially use the two remaining outlets correct? :scratchin

3 outlets total?!?!:cool1:

I plan on making a Wave Phone Holder as FE for my Magic NYE trip. I want to print a little handy guide that a person can write extensions for members of their group. Are they still using 5 digit codes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter