Wave Phone Details

Me too -- but we have DS15 on notice, just in case -- he may be digging ditches for awhile.

A hard lesson to learn, but one not forgotten easily if they do charge!
But I reckon the fear of you possibly being charged and his extra chores are probably worse!

In 2 years I destroyed over 5 pagers and 2 Walkie Talkies!

I had to rake the entire crew volleyball/soccer court one Cataway Cay day after I lost my walkie talkie out of the Tech crew buggy. It took over an hour before I found it and another hour to clean the sand out of it, and I didn't lose it again afterwards! (but one got wet in a tropical downpour!)

Ex Techie

We have multiple state rooms on our upcoming trip on the Magic. This may be a silly question, but for calls and messages from oceaneers club/lab, can we ask that all calls be sent to only one phone?

We have multiple state rooms on our upcoming trip on the Magic. This may be a silly question, but for calls and messages from oceaneers club/lab, can we ask that all calls be sent to only one phone?

We sailed with 3 cabins. To the best of my knowledge, the only cabin contaced regarding the kids was ours, the cabin containing the parents and children. If your kids are split among cabins, that might be different, but I'd expect them only to call the cabin the kids are registered in.

Once we figured them out--and it's not hard--I really liked having them. My entire party kept in touch with them. I would say they came in very handy for finding one another on the ship, for the kids' club contacting me to pick up my daughter once and calling back to the rooms.

I will say I read on here about people being charged a couple of months after they got home for lost or damaged phones when the guests say they left them in their rooms in perfect condition and this scares me a little. How would you prove you left them in working order?

But all in all, I think the phones are a GREAT addition and easy to work.

Read the whole thread as closely as possible, still have a few questions:

1. If I give my stateroom number to family back home, can they contact me via the Wave phone if there is an emergency. If so, I can leave my cell phone in the stateroom safe. One less item to carry.

2. We have adjoining staterooms for our family of 5. Two children with 1 parent registered in one stateroom, 1 child with 1 parent in the other.
Will Dad and Mom have to carry a Wave phone from each room to make sure we get all the calls or does Disney somehow link the two rooms accordingly.
Since I am with Mom 99% of the time it would be best to just carry 1 Wave phone. Hope this question makes sense.

3. With adjoining rooms (see #2), we will have 4 Wave Phones to use?

Thanks

Thanks so much for the information. Will each Wave phone only call the other Wave phone from the same room or can you call other rooms. We will be traveling with myself, my DH my 23 year old stepson and my 80 year old dad. We have connecting cabins. I would love it if my dad were able to call me if he is in his cabin resting and I am somewhere on deck. We used walkitalkies in the old days (don't think we even have them anymore) and you could never get good reception and you never were really sure who you were talking to.

Linda

While I don't have personal experience with these phones, the OP does say that they work for the ship and on CC

I think these are a great idea! that being said, I will probably be to nervous to use it. I would be worried the whole time that it would somehow get wet or damaged. Not sure I want that responsibility:rolleyes:

So how do you know for sure how many phones are in your room. And when and how can you request an extra. I would like to have 3 for our family during our December cruise on the Dream.

So how do you know for sure how many phones are in your room. And when and how can you request an extra. I would like to have 3 for our family during our December cruise on the Dream.

There are two phones on each room.

You can go to the CS desk and rent one or two more for $3.50 per day each.

Sorry but I think it will be a pain to have to check for messages every 5-10 minutes. I don't exactly want to be attached to a phone 24/7 on my vacation. However since they are taking place of the pagers for the kids clubs (which did have a sound option) it does not look like I will have any choice.

I don't seem to remember hearing constant paging sounds on our previous cruises. It does not have to be a full on ring but some kind of audible alert would be a nice option. I am sure many people would choose the vibration option anyway.

the pagers would only go off when a child needed you, not so often. The phones can be used to call anyone. We are a party with 4 staterooms and used them to keep in contact often. I am sure a lot of people use the phones all day long and it would be very annoying if they rang. I think the best alternative is for them to vibrate, even though it would have been better for me personally if they rang.

You can also text other phones. We used that feature a lot when letting each other know where we would be.

Also, check Etsy for people who make holders with clips (under: Wave phone holders). I just got some for our upcoming cruise. She made them look like mickey and minnie! So cute, I can't wait to use them! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter