WB Panama Canal | Mar 4 - Mar 18 | Cruise-Along Thread

Are they still limiting capacity for activities like trivia and bingo requiring folks to arrive early to wait in line?
Do you still have to wait in line to use the pools?
Are shows still being repeated so there is not new entertainment every evening?
Do you know if deck 2 is still being used for quarantine?
Yes, there are capacity limits - easiest to notice in the theater. Adult pool is usually crowded on sea days. Family pool and play areas not so much.

No repeats across days, but the main shows continue to have three different times.

Most of deck 2 is still inaccessible. We have seen only one small portion of the hallway that you can walk into. Elsewhere, the way is shut.

Sea day before Cartagena. Quick update with a little connect@sea I have left ($89 for 1000mb)
Awesome cruise so far, I'm liking it a lot. Very fortunate with almost flawless weather, in the high 80's today, tomorrow in Colombia supposed to hit 90.
Had Palo brunch yesterday- despite no buffet, the food is AMAZING. Had a cheese platter even though not on the menu (will post pic later), CMs are super nice and willing to accommodate requests.
Apparenty we're around 1200 passengers but def feels more crowded than that - still, family pool is almost empty every day as most folks are in the adult area in the mornings and mid-day, gets less crowded in the afternoon. No line-ups (that I've seen) at the family pool, very few kids. Adult pool is crowded at noon but no capacity restrictions.
Pro's so far imo,
- Weather has been great
- CM's are amazing all around
- Food is VERY good (MDR's and Palo - Cabanas same as always but I still like it)
Cons so far
- App sucks - very glitchy for me. kicks me out often, have to sign up from beginning constantly, add ppl all over again
- SR TV is bad - same movies as always, boring, nothing new.
- No tasting sign ups when boarding the ship - all booked solid
Bizarre things I've seen so far
- People sunbathing by the pool.... with masks on!! (granted, very few)
- People walking on deck 4.... with masks on! (also few, but my head almost dislodges from so much shaking)

Thanks for the feedback on deck 2. We are at 9C GTY And the whole why sailing and I think those rooms are mainly on the deck. Iā€™m curious if they will move us to a different category.

Don't know why this sailing attracts this age group considering that 1 week of it is during spring break in the US/Canada.

In Vegas, our Spring Break is always the week before Easter, so we go from the 9th through the 18th of April. Pulling the kids out for 2 weeks is definitely not happening, but I've done 1 week before.

Have loads of fun!

Is there live entertainment on board, such as violists, piano players, bands in the lounges?

The PC cruises usually have relatively few kids ā€” I think Iā€™ve read reports sometimes of just 200 total. They donā€™t very often align with school break (ours ended last week and not another until late April) and 2 weeks is a long time to pull out of school or even a lot of vacation time for many US adults. So PC cruises in general skew to the older population.
Different cruise line, but our 11 day PC had only ten-fifteen kids under the age of 18. My kiddo was heartbroken that the only person her age didn't speak English. However, within a day they had worked out how to play together and were happy as clams at the kids club. The ratio of club attendants to kids was 3 to 1. Of the >18, there were at least 5 teens and a set of twins staying in the suite space with the private pool and we didn't see them except for the first day.

- People sunbathing by the pool.... with masks on!! (granted, very few)
- People walking on deck 4.... with masks on! (also few, but my head almost dislodges from so much shaking)
Are you still under the "old" masking policy?

Thanks for sharing and please keep the updates coming. This is another cruise on my "bucket list"!

Update on the variety acts - as that's what has helped make every day different.

Day 3 (Cozumel) - Charles Peachock

That's Charles - the juggling finalist from America's Got Talent. Some very cool stuff, including playing 'The Blinding Lights' by tossing tennis balls at the keyboard. :yo-yo:

Check him out: https://charlespeachock.com/

Day 4 (Day at Sea) - Lynn Trefzger

Lynn - the ventriloquist - was phenomenal on our January MDAS cruise, but she took it to an entirely new level this time by getting (masked) crew members to replace some of her puppets. IMO the most fun act on the cruise so far!

More on Lynn: http://www.dcaproductions.com/lynn/about.html

Day 5 (Day at Sea) - Art of Circus

Traditional circus acts themed after famed Renaissance artists. Some acts really good - others more of fillers. This was earlier today. Mind you, the ship had been rocking in rough waters on its way to Cartagena, which made for a few funny distractions during the acts.

Others

So, we had this 'Star Gazing' session earlier in the cruise. (Two more iterations to come.) No telescopes, but the first officer was at hand and walked us through the basics of navigation using the stars. They blacked out the sports deck which helped pop the night sky out.

The Panama Canal lectures have been hit or miss. (The Youtubers have got it covered better, I think.) Still, good info for those looking to get caught up in a hurry without the Internet.

Dance and cooking classes have shown up on the calendar. Will check some out after the crossing.

Update on the variety acts - as that's what has helped make every day different.

Day 3 (Cozumel) - Charles Peachock

That's Charles - the juggling finalist from America's Got Talent. Some very cool stuff, including playing 'The Blinding Lights' by tossing tennis balls at the keyboard. :yo-yo:

Check him out: https://charlespeachock.com/

Day 4 (Day at Sea) - Lynn Trefzger

Lynn - the ventriloquist - was phenomenal on our January MDAS cruise, but she took it to an entirely new level this time by getting (masked) crew members to replace some of her puppets. IMO the most fun act on the cruise so far!

More on Lynn: http://www.dcaproductions.com/lynn/about.html

Day 5 (Day at Sea) - Art of Circus

Traditional circus acts themed after famed Renaissance artists. Some acts really good - others more of fillers. This was earlier today. Mind you, the ship had been rocking in rough waters on its way to Cartagena, which made for a few funny distractions during the acts.

Others

So, we had this 'Star Gazing' session earlier in the cruise. (Two more iterations to come.) No telescopes, but the first officer was at hand and walked us through the basics of navigation using the stars. They blacked out the sports deck which helped pop the night sky out.

The Panama Canal lectures have been hit or miss. (The Youtubers have got it covered better, I think.) Still, good info for those looking to get caught up in a hurry without the Internet.

Dance and cooking classes have shown up on the calendar. Will check some out after the crossing.

thank you so much for the update on the talent/entertainment on board. We were booked on this cruise and cancelled. We were wondering if there was enough entertainment to keep the passengers "entertained" per say. I appreciate the update and I hope you continue to have a wonderful time.

Iā€™m glad I found this thread! Continue having what sounds like a Wonder full cruise! :boat:

Panama Canal isn't even listed as a possible destination anymore in the search filters. :(

Enjoy the last one, I guess! Here's hoping that one or more of the other ships eventually needs to make its way over to the Pacific.

Hope youā€™re enjoying your cruise! We sailed the PC back in 2018 and had a great time. We are sailing the Wonder to Hawaii next month and just curious if you could share the themed menu nights. Are they doing the reception for Gold and Platinum guests? Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel youā€™ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter