• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Accessible Room Location Thread - UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
samkj said:
OHHHHHH! That sounds so secret agentish (is that a word??)

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:
:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:
Yes, I do have some magical powers. (My oldest DD is Tinkerbell in her secret fantasies). :tink:

SueM in MN said:
:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:
Yes, I do have some magical powers. (My oldest DD is Tinkerbell in her secret fantasies). :tink:
;) Here's a little pixie dust for her : pixiedust:

Is room 9462 at ASMu Jazz still accessable? With all the renovations taking place, and converting rooms to suites I'm not sure if it is available as a room with a roll in shower.

We just returned from OKW and we were in an accessable room. It was room 2111 and we had a beautiful view of the pond with fountain and center golf course.

We didn't request an accessable room but they gave us one. The only problem we had was that Hunter is potty training the toliet was so high up we had to put the laundry basket in front for him to stand on.

The room was wonderful~

Just wonder if anyone had info on the Handicapped rooms at AK besides the conceirge rooms, locations, size ect ect.

In September my wife & I stayed af GF Concierge, then BWV.

GF Concierge.

Beds were very high. Not only too high for me to make a wheelchair transfer, but also too high for my 5 foot tall wife to climb in easily. Management removed the sprung bed base, putting the mattress back directly on to of the 3 inch high plywood base. Bed now about six inches lower. Still very comfortable although we are used to sleeping on a very firm scandinavian slat bed at home.

In our room transfer to toilet on left side of wheelchair (away from my wheelchair controls) toilet high enough to transfer without booster seat.

Manouvreing space in sink & toilet areas limited. I damaged walls & door trim with my chair.

Access to concierge level was by room key. When on my own, there was never enough time to enter elevator, turn around, reach up to room key slot and punch in floor number before elevator was called to another floor. This was a constant problem, because this particular elevator was also used heavily by non-concierge guests going between levels 1 and 2

BWV.

Beds high, but not as high as GF. Management removed 3 inch base, putting sprung bed base directly on floor.

In bathroom toilet to right of wheelchair and sink prevented parking chair next to toilet. Toilet needed 3 inch booster seat. Difficult transfer.

Door spring to villa far too strong. I damaged door extensively going in & out each day.

Andrew

Fire Escape Provisions

The night before I flew to Orlando, I stayed overnight at the airport.

My room, which was on the second or third floor had a special 'escape' wheelchair in the closet with two wheels, plus a skid so that it could be used on the escape staircase. a bit like a toboggan. In the UK, the rule is that no-one is to use elevators in a fire in case the power goes out. My assumption is that hotel staff would fetch me from my room in case of fire.

What is the procedure in at WDW?

Andrew

Andrew Bichard said:
Fire Escape Provisions

The night before I flew to Orlando, I stayed overnight at the airport.

My room, which was on the second or third floor had a special 'escape' wheelchair in the closet with two wheels, plus a skid so that it could be used on the escape staircase. a bit like a toboggan. In the UK, the rule is that no-one is to use elevators in a fire in case the power goes out. My assumption is that hotel staff would fetch me from my room in case of fire.

What is the procedure in at WDW?

Andrew

That's interesting. Were the skids where the front wheels whould be in a regular chair? I've never seen one.

We stayed on the 5th floor @ BCV. We did not see any provisions for fire escape! Didn't even think about it before!

I don't usually visit this part of the board, but happened to see this as the top thread when I was scrolling down the main page. By chance, I had a handicap accessible room at Pop in February. It was room 5151, in the 60s Baloo, Mowgli which is a preferred location building. It was fully accessible with the roll in shower and roll under sink and has a king bed.

Since I found this buried in the way back bumping it to the top with this vague info on the room we had.

AKL I believe it was 4203 just above the Check In desk and had a pretty decent savanna view roll in shower 2 queen beds connecting room available (my mom and brother had the room) We had 2A and 2C 7 and 5 yr in the room it was a little tight but not too bad we had her wheelchair (collapsible) and an ECV in the room with us.

I thought I had already made a link to this thread in the "Handicapped Room" sticky at the top of the board, but I hadn't.
So, there is a link in the sticky to this thread.

Hello,I was just told by Reservations (407-w-Disney) that there are no preferred rooms that are fully acessible. Is this true? We really wanted a view of lake with fireworks at Pop Century for this coming trip. Building #3.

Thank you

Charleyann

Once again someone who doesn't know what they are saying. Building 3 is a handicapped building and has rooms on all floors. And just this last year we stayed in a preferred room there. The only people who really know that are the ones in special services.

Anyone with experience at the Contemp? We stayed in North Garden Wing twice, but as that is GONE now, might up to the Tower...Are there w/c accessible bathrooms on all floors?

Does anyone have any info on the Beach Club HA rooms? I will be going in December and though I can walk around a little bit I cannot get my leg over the tub. any help would be appreciated. Also where are they located? Any on the first floor? Thanks a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter