WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I know it is all speculation at this point, but what are the thoughts on if the parks DID close...Would the resorts also close? Or would they keep resorts open and try to provide resort activities to keep people busy? We have 14 nights booked in May (still planning on going), and hoping that we’d still at least be able to enjoy resort even if the parks are closed.

I know it is all speculation at this point, but what are the thoughts on if the parks DID close...Would the resorts also close? Or would they keep resorts open and try to provide resort activities to keep people busy? We have 14 nights booked in May (still planning on going), and hoping that we’d still at least be able to enjoy resort even if the parks are closed.

I believe when the Asia parks closed, the hotels remained open for a time. Could be wrong.

Also don't know how enjoyable the resorts would be at that point. I've got to think if there's a closure and it's still happening in May it may be a very tense atmosphere and not the usual resort only vacation you'd get with the parks open.

I will be at Epcot monday as planned. I am a local and have no fears of going.

Wash my hands and stay proactive the entire time.
Thanks for this...as I was scrolling through, catching up on this board, I felt a black hole starting to burn through my soul that is the panic before complete understanding that this ‘pandemic’ has been (to me, speaking for myself here folks). Supposed to check in April 8th. Were planning on flying since January but have been seriously (and I think I’ve almost got my husband convinced) contemplating driving. I wasn’t super worried as we have almost everything going for us, healthy young family no other health issues. Fortunate enough at this moment that IF we got stuck for an extra 2 weeks in FL, jobs etc aren’t in jeopardy. Although it would totally suck. However if it comes to that I’m dreaming of being quarantined at AKL-where we are supposed to be staying. Bad joke? Sorry. Kinda not sorry I really totally wouldn’t mind.
I’m getting off topic here....
Point here, just wanted to thank Spridell for pulling me out of that tarry black hole I felt myself sinking into there for a moment.

Supposed to be going down April 16th. Was dead set on going until this evening, now I’m not sure. My wife is starting to make arguments we should cancel. It’s tough because we have been looking forward to this for so long and aren’t sure if we can reschedule this calendar year.

Our balance on our package is due next week, so feeling like a decision must be made over the weekend.

This is such a grey area since this has never happened before where both parks and hotels closed together at the same time.

It would be such a monumental undertaking.

We’re supposed to leave on the 21st for our week long trip at WDW. Until tonight, cancelling wasn’t even an option I was willing to consider. I have all my FP right where I want them, my girls are beyond excited and have been talking about the trip for weeks. We drive down so I wasn’t concerned about the implications of flying and have a pretty good stock of Purell and Clorox wipes, medicines, etc. to bring with me. And I figured our chances of catching it at Disney were about the same as anywhere else (grocery stores, restaurants, etc).

But tonight began with an email from my daughters school — they’re cancelling all field trips, assemblies and student performances until further notice. Our church also emailed as they are cancelling the weekly children’s Sunday school until further notice. Then the announcement about the 30 day ban on inbound flights from Europe. And then the NBA suspending its season. And then March madness with no crowds.

We’re all on this forum — so I’m sure we’re all aware of those last few items. I’m just wondering how much longer Disney will hold out. Or if closing is even on their radar. Are similar theme park type places considering closing? Universal? Or even places like Great Wolf Lodge? Yes there aren’t any local cases in Orlando — however that information can be taken with a grain of salt as we only have the ability to test a very small percentage of the population.

We will likely still go unless Disney takes action first... but now I’m second guessing. What terrible timing to have a trip planned!!

Thanks for this...as I was scrolling through, catching up on this board, I felt a black hole starting to burn through my soul that is the panic before complete understanding that this ‘pandemic’ has been (to me, speaking for myself here folks). Supposed to check in April 8th. Were planning on flying since January but have been seriously (and I think I’ve almost got my husband convinced) contemplating driving. I wasn’t super worried as we have almost everything going for us, healthy young family no other health issues. Fortunate enough at this moment that IF we got stuck for an extra 2 weeks in FL, jobs etc aren’t in jeopardy. Although it would totally suck. However if it comes to that I’m dreaming of being quarantined at AKL-where we are supposed to be staying. Bad joke? Sorry. Kinda not sorry I really totally wouldn’t mind.
I’m getting off topic here....
Point here, just wanted to thank Spridell for pulling me out of that tarry black hole I felt myself sinking into there for a moment.
U have to always do what's best for you and your family and what makes u feel the safest.

I was there last week for the opening of MMRR and felt completely safe and I feel fine right now a week later.

Going again next week and still have no fears.

I have plans to fly down to WDW from NJ April 9th-13th. For me, it’s still way too early to tell. Me and my travel companion are healthy young adults, and not at risk. We wash our hands way more than others, and constantly wipe down/sanitize everything we touch. I would be dumb to say i’m not worried, BUT, i’m not letting it hinder my vacation yet.

We’re supposed to leave on the 21st for our week long trip at WDW. Until tonight, cancelling wasn’t even an option I was willing to consider. I have all my FP right where I want them, my girls are beyond excited and have been talking about the trip for weeks. We drive down so I wasn’t concerned about the implications of flying and have a pretty good stock of Purell and Clorox wipes, medicines, etc. to bring with me. And I figured our chances of catching it at Disney were about the same as anywhere else (grocery stores, restaurants, etc).

But tonight began with an email from my daughters school — they’re cancelling all field trips, assemblies and student performances until further notice. Our church also emailed as they are cancelling the weekly children’s Sunday school until further notice. Then the announcement about the 30 day ban on inbound flights from Europe. And then the NBA suspending its season. And then March madness with no crowds.

We’re all on this forum — so I’m sure we’re all aware of those last few items. I’m just wondering how much longer Disney will hold out. Or if closing is even on their radar. Are similar theme park type places considering closing? Universal? Or even places like Great Wolf Lodge? Yes there aren’t any local cases in Orlando — however that information can be taken with a grain of salt as we only have the ability to test a very small percentage of the population.

We will likely still go unless Disney takes action first... but now I’m second guessing. What terrible timing to have a trip planned!!
I will say since you are driving you do not have to worry about the airports and if by some chance the parks do close while ur down here you have your car to drive back home. That is a big plus.

Also use ur car as much as possible while in disney to avoid the busses and monorail. Another plus for having your car.

As a resident of Orlando and seeing all that’s going on, it won’t surprise me at all if parks and cruises are closed down/halted within a week.

Tomorrow morning is our FP+ day for our trip on May 11th. I am thinking is it even worth waking up so early and booking the fast passes. The main reason for the trip is a work conference at the Coronado Springs resort. At this point I have to imagine that the conference is going to be canceled.

I’m supposed to go with my mom Saturday. She is now getting scared, so was going to call tomorrow and move the trip to a later date. Am I going to lose money (I don’t mind if say November was a little more money or whatever) I’m just scared they are going to say I am SOL. I’m halfway expecting them to announce something in the morning. Tried to get on the phones a little while ago, but it said 90 minute wait and I’m pretty sure they close at 11 (unless someone knows if they have increased hours because of this?)

I'm headed to AK and MK After Hours on 3/30 and 4/1, staying at Coranado Springs where the conference that week has been cancelled. I have no park visits scheduled during the daytime hours other than the early entry FPs. I have a car rented since we'll be spending some time on the gulf so I'm not worried about being stranded but does anyone know if Disney ever refunds AH tickets?? Very little info is available on their site and I gave up waiting for a representative. We are generally healthy people but it's almost silly to risk it? It's even more challenging as I am connecting on the way home in ATL as I had Final Four tickets which are no longer valid.

I'm headed to AK and MK After Hours on 3/30 and 4/1, staying at Coranado Springs where the conference that week has been cancelled. I have no park visits scheduled during the daytime hours other than the early entry FPs. I have a car rented since we'll be spending some time on the gulf so I'm not worried about being stranded but does anyone know if Disney ever refunds AH tickets?? Very little info is available on their site and I gave up waiting for a representative. We are generally healthy people but it's almost silly to risk it? It's even more challenging as I am connecting on the way home in ATL as I had Final Four tickets which are no longer valid.
They say no cancellation but I know some people have been lucky getting it refunded under certain circumstances. About all you can do is call and see what they say

Tomorrow morning is our FP+ day for our trip on May 11th. I am thinking is it even worth waking up so early and booking the fast passes. The main reason for the trip is a work conference at the Coronado Springs resort. At this point I have to imagine that the conference is going to be canceled.

I would absolutely book them. Doesn’t hurt, better to have them then not if you do end up going.

You can probably modify your flight home with no issues.
I feel like Disney is going to have to announce something soon, and it will probably look similar to their hurricane protocols.

You can probably modify your flight home with no issues.
I feel like Disney is going to have to announce something soon, and it will probably look similar to their hurricane protocols.

Not worried about the flight, I have a ton of miles but since my resort in Naples had a 14 day cancellation I did cancel that, funny thing the rooms are $400 less expensive so if we do that part of the trip I'll save a bunch for my 4 nights. My biggest concern is actually being on the flight, my work has cancelled 3 trips for me already in March with 2 cancelled for the next 2 weeks too. Wondering if anyone has been at an AH before and maybe that will be the way to do it, probably a smaller crowd than a normal AH. Funny thing, I'm the concerned husband, wife and kids are still all in.

Our Disney spring break trip began today with a drive from the Midwest. A stop in Tennessee tonight, Georgia tomorrow night, then 8 nights in a rental home, with 4 park days planned. All I can think about is that the kids are so excited. I am having serious second thoughts, though. If I'm honest, I am kind of hoping Disney closes before our first park day on Sunday, so I don't have to decide myself. I'm not usually the worrying kind, but already see my own paranoia about the kids touching surfaces and their own faces. (Now that I'm paying attention, I see this happens incredibly often.) Not the vacation I envisioned. Not sure what we'll end up doing. I wish everyone on here the best, am grateful for the discussion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter