WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

We’re arriving 7/18 and I wanted to adjust our FP+ that are now after closing. First I tried to change was Kilimanjaro Safaris. Got a message that it is no longer available. Thought it was because of the time, so I cancelled it to try to make a new one. I could pick my party, date, and park... and then it couldn’t load the page.

Checked “change“ on other FP+ at different times of the day... message that the experience was no longer available.

Moral of the story, sit on your FP+ for now.

We’re arriving 7/18 and I wanted to adjust our FP+ that are now after closing. First I tried to change was Kilimanjaro Safaris. Got a masters that it is no longer available. Thought it was because of the time, so I cancelled it to try to make a new one. I could pick my party, date, and park... and then it couldn’t load the page.

Checked “change“ on other FP+ at different times of the day... message that the experience was no longer available.

Moral of the story, sit on your FP+ for now.
Yeah, I have a feeling our existing FP are not long for this world. I haven’t been able to modify anything for a few hours now.

They will still be there when you are ready to come back again when some of the restrictions ease.
Let’s hope. I fear this has set an awful precedent, and corporate lawyers have never been keen to remove restrictions once put in place. I have no confidence, and none of us are guaranteed “next month, next year, etc.” Just sad.

Yeah, I have a feeling our existing FP are not long for this world. I haven’t been able to modify anything for a few hours now.

We were lucky enough to change our March trip to the last week of February (prom sponsor conflict). Plus, we’re going again in December. Runaway Railway is the only FP+ I really wanted... saw cast members trying it out on our previous trip.

I’m just happy to be going somewhere besides my back yard. :)

Welp, it took me most of the day but the excitement has worn off. I keep hearing over and over that Disney hotels were already booked beyond what a lowered capacity could accomodate and people with resevations could still get cancelled. This is too much. I gotta cancel and it breaks my heart.

Did they only change MK's hours? Oct/Nov were always suspect to me given how Nov was never updated.

Hold on to your pants. DHS 10am - 8pm.

So to recap,
MK - 9am-7pm
DAK - 8am-6pm
DHS - 10am-8pm
Epcot - no changes, yet....
I mean what are they thinking (other than $$$ saving)...on a low crowd day with an 8 or 9am opening DHS is a total mess of a sea of ppl at opening...at 10 it's going to be unbearable. As excited as I was that Disney was going to open; I'm thinking it may just not matter. I totally get needing to be precautious and that not everything would be as normal etc., but these things are just cost cutting moves that's going to make an already not as magical trip extremely frustrating. It's almost like they're telling ppl. not to come. Wow...really disappointed. I wouldn't have thought the business with the most money would be the one to downsize/downgrade the most...very sad.

Water parks will cost more money to reopen. they don't think they will result in increased revenue.

Right now the goal is simple. Keep the variable cost of opening the parks less then revenue they can bring in. Water parks increase the former but they don't think they will increase the later.
Yeah, I get it's all about the money...it's just sad especially considering all the theme parks with water parks around them aren't taking that away from their guests. I should've known better...I guess we all know what all those little "surprises" were folks were talking about last night. Argh.

You don’t think the water parks not opening has to do with guests not being able to wear masks, and it’s tougher to enforce distancing in the pools and lazy rivers? Of course they could close the TL wave pool and have distancing in slide lines but still no masks and maybe just easier to close altogether.
Uhhh no. Look all around them...all other water parks are opening...all reports have shown that chlorine kills the virus. The other parks are just doing more cleaning etc.

It's all about the money and unfortunately for a company as big as Disney...they don't need every dime...so they choose to want a payoff that's bigger for them and if they can't get it, then it's not worth it to them.

I need help!! My family and I were supposed to go to Disneyland and DCA over Spring Break and my daughter was supposed to go see Hamilton (her first musical) in LA while we were there as well. So 2 days before we were supposed to go Disneyland closed and they shut down all theater productions, so my family was devastated. Honestly, they are still devastated but it is what it is.... Now, I have been thinking about a WDW trip because we love Disney. My kids have never been to WDW but have been to DLR many times because we live in AZ. WDW would be a very expensive trip for us but my kids (14, 13) have always wanted to go. I am looking at going July 22-28th. My husband works at Costco and I am a teacher and picked up a second job working at Costco as well so we are exposed to COVID every day and so are our kids. We wear masks every day so we are used to that too. My questions are if I book the trip how will I know if I actually get into the parks when I arrive? Anyone know yet? I don't want to spend the money and then not be able to get in. Also, am I crazy for going right after they open? It would be hard to go later because my kids will be back in school (in some form) and I will be teaching. We all really need a vacation and we love Disney and are dying to go to Disney. Thoughts??
if its your kids first time.. I would wait until you can get the entire wonderful experience... not this!! no fireworks... no parades.. I would for sure wait. Its way too much money to not have the best possible experience you can have especially for a first trip.. good luck with your decision.. 2021 is what I would plan for..

What did I miss? Isn't a gaiter considered a face covering?
Oddly, the definition lets you wear valve masks. Much easier to breathe through, and effectively no prevention of transmission. I hope they fix that.

I’m really curious how non date based tickets will work. We have the military salute park hopper plus tickets and a room booked at French Quarter in September. Will we be contacted about the new reservation process? Or will only those with date based tickets purchased from Disney be eligible for that?

If water parks and park hopping are a no go, will a partial cost of the ticket be refunded?

I’ve been trying really hard to remain positive and wait and see but it’s starting to become very difficult for me. I’m starting to become very discouraged about our trip in September.

I mean what are they thinking (other than $$$ saving)...on a low crowd day with an 8 or 9am opening DHS is a total mess of a sea of ppl at opening...at 10 it's going to be unbearable. As excited as I was that Disney was going to open; I'm thinking it may just not matter. I totally get needing to be precautious and that not everything would be as normal etc., but these things are just cost cutting moves that's going to make an already not as magical trip extremely frustrating. It's almost like they're telling ppl. not to come. Wow...really disappointed. I wouldn't have thought the business with the most money would be the one to downsize/downgrade the most...very sad.
Exactly how I feel! It seems that alot of people think Disney is doing this for safety, but it is obvious that it is for cost cutting...If they were concerned about safety they would have opened earlier to the Florida Residents to test it out before letting just anyone with a "reservation" into the park...Now they are giving the whole-world the time to plan their return to the parks meaning it will be overly crowded at the parks.

I don't think I saw anything yet on PH specifically, but sort of figured that as a crowd controlling measure, there wouldn't be hopping allowed. I think the CMs at turnstiles can see if you've been at a prior park when you scan. Not sure if they can actually temporarily set up the turnstiles to light blue or something other than green to make it more efficient, if they intend to block park hopping.

If they use the reservation system to control crowding at the entrance and limit capacity,you would have to have a reservation to get into each park, which pretty much negates any park hopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter