WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I would think not, or at least not with physical contact. Maybe a lobby parade or something without contact. The big thing with this is the physical distancing.
the resorts and DS being open the physical distancing is non existent anyways, but we'll see.

I’m sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone got their tickets refunded? I read through the forums and saw where someone mentioned that you could get refunds online, but I can’t find the option to. I have tickets for March 16th and 17th. Thanks in advance!

I had my AHE tickets refunded last night after waiting for more than 4 hours on call.

I think as for now, the policy is general multiday tickets that have not been used will be extended until 15 Dec 2020 or applying the value towards future booking if you are not able to come by 15 Dec

@yulilin3 said above very cheap rates for this upcoming week. Disney knows that the parks are not open but are heavily discounting the rooms for people who want to have hotel only vacations.

I’m not seeing reduced rates. Were these CM rates?

Has anyone heard, or have information on Cirque du Soleil? Will they be offering refunds for those who booked during their Disney Vacations?

Our TA booked us in the B Resort in Disney Springs but it was a travel package through Disney. I’m worried this won’t be covered in the cancellation. Any one have any advice on this

Meanwhile, as for Disney trip planning/cancelling, I just realized that if we cancel our 4/3-4/9 trip (which is very likely at this point), that means we'll miss Spaceship Earth!!! I don't think we'll get there before the May closure - who knows it they will even open by then? I know this is all trivial in the grand scheme of things, but if I can't complain to this community here, where can I? 😩 Just another reminder that you should always take the opportunity to ride the classics/favorites when you can. Fortunately DD and I got to ride it in January - and, really, it needs the refurb. I say start now!!
I feel similar. We have a trip in early April and I was looking forward to riding Spaceship Earth one more time before the refurb. If we have to cancel, I will be disappointed. And I think it's ok to be sad about your own losses. I just don't blame anyone, and I'm not mad, but will be disappointed.

Meanwhile, as for Disney trip planning/cancelling, I just realized that if we cancel our 4/3-4/9 trip (which is very likely at this point), that means we'll miss Spaceship Earth!!! I don't think we'll get there before the May closure - who knows it they will even open by then? I know this is all trivial in the grand scheme of things, but if I can't complain to this community here, where can I? 😩 Just another reminder that you should always take the opportunity to ride the classics/favorites when you can. Fortunately DD and I got to ride it in January - and, really, it needs the refurb. I say start now!!

To be honest this would probably be the last thing on my mind but with the current situation perhaps the SSE date will be pushed back? Usually every trip there is going to be something down or something close for refurb. In the end, it will be worth it.

Woke up this morning not much happier than when I went to bed last night. Breaking it to my grandson was rough, really rough. We were so close to leaving - driving down Sunday.

We’re tossing around the idea of going and just doing a resort only stay. We’ve never got to do that before, the parks were always too tempting. But we bounce between we can do this and that’s insanity. We have until Tuesday to decide.

The problem, outside of the obvious, is we don’t know what conditions will be. Are they just staying open because of the difficulties in clearing out the resorts or are they wanting guests there? Are they going to do anything outside of the ordinary? Are the typical resort activities, like the pirate cruise at the YC still going on? Would they wave the pool hopping policy? Golf - is it open? These and a million other questions are popping into my head.

We are scheduled at the Riviera. We were so thrilled to get the Visa rate, and excited to get to stay there. I don’t think we’ll ever get a discount that puts it in our budget again so it makes it double hard.

If you’ve stuck with my ramblings to this point, thank you! We just need to decide so we stop torturing ourselves.

Woke up this morning not much happier than when I went to bed last night. Breaking it to my grandson was rough, really rough. We were so close to leaving - driving down Sunday.

We’re tossing around the idea of going and just doing a resort only stay. We’ve never got to do that before, the parks were always too tempting. But we bounce between we can do this and that’s insanity. We have until Tuesday to decide.

The problem, outside of the obvious, is we don’t know what conditions will be. Are they just staying open because of the difficulties in clearing out the resorts or are they wanting guests there? Are they going to do anything outside of the ordinary? Are the typical resort activities, like the pirate cruise at the YC still going on? Would they wave the pool hopping policy? Golf - is it open? These and a million other questions are popping into my head.

We are scheduled at the Riviera. We were so thrilled to get the Visa rate, and excited to get to stay there. I don’t think we’ll ever get a discount that puts it in our budget again so it makes it double hard.

If you’ve stuck with my ramblings to this point, thank you! We just need to decide so we stop torturing ourselves.
Just a thought. Will Disney pull the rug out from under when you get to Rivera. Close the resort after a day or two. No activities. Too many unknowns for me to risk a trip.

I don't know the complete scenario but I would think that Disney would want guests to be cleared/checked out and not be checking more people in at this time but the question has been answered on the thread so what do I know?

Last edited:

My advice - just cancel. Parks will be closed for sure - that's decided. Nobody can predict what their status will be even two days from now.

I don't know the complete scenario but I would think that Disney would want guests to be cleared/checked out and not be checking more people in at this time.

That was my initial thought, but you can still make reservations. Why would they allow that if they were wanting to discourage stays?

Yes, I called them last night and got a refund for opening night 3/20.
Thank You. My trip isn't scheduled until the first week in May and who knows what will be happening in the parks or our communities by then, but as a 65 year old with a compromised immune system, I'm thinking of canceling anyway. It was to be my first time ever trip to WDW as a special birthday present to myself but is it worth getting sick over?

I don't know the complete scenario but I would think that Disney would want guests to be cleared/checked out and not be checking more people in at this time.
I have to agree. Again silence from Disney is deafening. Use your words and tell your guests what your planning for the near term
There's no silence from Disney, they have said that the resorts, Disney Springs and transportation to DS will be open. Mini Golf, regular golf, water parks and theme parks will be closed
If they didn't want people checking in they would not be offering rates for the next 2 weeks, they are, you can book a hotel. With the hotel comes everything, recreation, dining, they will have the resorts staffed why wouldn't they want people coming?

Why? The check out and check in people every day of the year. There may be a spike on Monday as people short their stays since the parks will be closed. But after it then it would be business as usual, except with fewer guests.

I can see them consolidating. Things like closing down the French Quarter and moving reservations to Riverside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter