WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

So I need to make a reservation and I want to use my last "non-expiring" ticket which apparently was purchased before 2010. Is there any way to do this or should I just give up?

(I am on hold after giving that useless computer my life history? They really needed the number of visits, date of last vist, my last name, phone, zip code, and street number for me to talk to a human???? One way to make sure the customer service agents get an angry customer!)
I have some friends that bought a non expire ticket in the mid 90s. They used their last day on the ticket last year. They didn't have to worry about the park reservation system tho, lol. Hope you got it worked out.

Thanks, that’s what I was hoping. Just wanted to make sure there wasn’t some rule that it had to be done way far in advance ... just being sure i hv all those ducks in a row for this trip 😀

Thanks, that’s what I was hoping. Just wanted to make sure there wasn’t some rule that it had to be done way far in advance ... just being sure i hv all those ducks in a row for this trip 😀
The only issue you could have is availability. If MK has none, then obviously you could not change to it

Regarding park pass reservations... has there ever been a definitive answer about what happens if you're a "no show" (i.e., don't cancel your park pass reservation the day prior)?
Does your ticket still get charged for the day even though you didn't enter the park?

Regarding park pass reservations... has there ever been a definitive answer about what happens if you're a "no show" (i.e., don't cancel your park pass reservation the day prior)?
Does your ticket still get charged for the day even though you didn't enter the park?
Not sure what you're saying "get charged" ? Like does it change from day a 4 day ticket to 3 days left? Even if you don't enter the park? The answer is no, there's no consequence for not showing

Not sure what you're saying "get charged" ? Like does it change from day a 4 day ticket to 3 days left? Even if you don't enter the park? The answer is no, there's no consequence for not showing
Thanks for clarifying this. Early on, I recall some speculation about whether you would still lose a day from your ticket if you didn't keep your park reservation (analogous to credit card guarantee for ADRs). Glad to hear that's not the case.

So I need to make a reservation and I want to use my last "non-expiring" ticket which apparently was purchased before 2010. Is there any way to do this or should I just give up?

(I am on hold after giving that useless computer my life history? They really needed the number of visits, date of last vist, my last name, phone, zip code, and street number for me to talk to a human???? One way to make sure the customer service agents get an angry customer!)

I converted my paper ticket from 2005 to a modern hard plastic ticket in January. It has a ticket number on it that is usable with the Park Reservation System.

And I waited for 45 minutes at Disney Springs to do so (later realized it was a marathon weekend, so more crowds?). I would have been happier waiting online at home.

I’m wondering how they will handle your situation. Let us know, if you will.

My APs expire on 12/5, and we have a trip on our DVC Points checking in on 12/19. Am I able to reserve park days without purchasing the AP renewal now? I’ve tried reserving, but I’m getting a message that I don’t have a valid ticket. Will I have to purchase the renewal APs three months early?

Note: Please forgive me if this has already been answered somewhere else. I’ve searched but haven’t found anything yet.

My APs expire on 12/5, and we have a trip on our DVC Points checking in on 12/19. Am I able to reserve park days without purchasing the AP renewal now? I’ve tried reserving, but I’m getting a message that I don’t have a valid ticket. Will I have to purchase the renewal APs three months early?

Note: Please forgive me if this has already been answered somewhere else. I’ve searched but haven’t found anything yet.
merged you to the existing thread.
Yes you need to have valid tickets on MDE for the period you want to reserve. So if you want to reserve as soon as possible then you would need to renew as early as they let you

Thanks for clarifying this. Early on, I recall some speculation about whether you would still lose a day from your ticket if you didn't keep your park reservation (analogous to credit card guarantee for ADRs). Glad to hear that's not the case.
you should lose a day (Or have some penalty) since you are taking it away from someone else who wants to go.
Not sure why you would be glad to stick someone else because you can’t be bothered to cancel??

you should lose a day (Or have some penalty) since you are taking it away from someone else who wants to go.
Not sure why you would be glad to stick someone else because you can’t be bothered to cancel??
Wow. I never said I intended to "not bother to cancel" and "stick it to someone."

Perhaps someone intends to use their park reservation, but they don't feel well that morning and it's too late to cancel. Should they just go to the parks sick????

I was only saying that I was glad there was not a penalty because that would be a costly penalty if something comes up last minute that prevents you from going to the park.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter