WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

We planned a last minute trip 10/12-10/16 due to our beach vacation being cancelled from Hurricane Sally. HS has been unavailable for a few weeks but just turned green. Does that mean someone cancelled or they increased capacity? We are excited that we get to go to HS but nervous that there will be heavy crowds.

Hoping that when park capacity does return to 100% they bring back fast pass and park hopping!
I agree. Hopefully they do it before approved for 100% capacity. It just seems like another great way to keep people moving quicker and avoid congestion. May as well phase it back in to service before back to full capacity.

Florida Gov just announced we are starting phase 3 today. So Disney may be entering their next phase. Idk.

Just another reminder this thread is not to discuss efficiency of current procedures and Disney is its own entity and has been able to increase capacity for quiet some time, they are choosing to take it slow

With all due respect, the announcement from Governor DeSantis today specifically mentions theme parks and the ability for theme parks to "return to normal operations" and normal capacity limits, this is hence directly relevant to the WDW parks. Why can this topic not be discussed here? I am honestly confused.

With all due respect, the announcement from Governor DeSantis today specifically mentions theme parks and the ability for theme parks to "return to normal operations" and normal capacity limits, this is hence directly relevant to the WDW parks. Why can this topic not be discussed here? I am honestly confused.
DeSantis has given the greenlight for Disney to open more capacity for weeks now, Disney has chosen not to change the current guidelines, as soon as Disney changes anything it'll be posted here
People posting usually get political and nasty, I wouldn't have a problem if people remained civil

Excellent news about Fl moving to phase 3. Hopefully Disney will get rid of the ridiculous mask rule since they don't do jack!
Despite Governor Ron DeSantis lifting COVID-19 restrictions across the state and allowing businesses to transition to a Phase 3 reopening, guests looking to visit the theme parks are still required to wear face masks at all times.

In a press conference today, Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings stated that the face mask mandate is still in place, and that all guests and residents must still abide by it.

How or does this ruling impact DVC resorts or independently run businesses at Disney springs?

DVC will follow WDW's lead. None of the businesses at Disney Springs own the property. They are renters. Disney still has the right to dictate whatever rules the lease agreements allow.

As I have rental properties, it matters what is in the lease, as this is something new does Disney have language in the leases to be able to dictate what they can or cant do in this situation? I know my leases do not have language in them for me to dictate things different than state law.

Same with DVC, as this is a timeshare, does there governing bylaws give Disney regulation or the state?

Last edited:
On the drinking water question, with longer lines I am frequently drinking water while in line. I take antihistamines and my mouth dries out. I was worried, but it is not an issue. I quickky pull down my mask and take a sip and pull mask up again. In lines, you will be 6 feet from all parties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter