• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

How does it work if you have tickets and an AP voucher? Does the system ask which you want to book under? I don't plan to activate my AP this year and the terms say you have to use the ticket you booked the reservation with... I don't have my tickets yet so I can't test this myself. Thanks!

Sorry I know it’s been asked a ton but we are going to MK tomorrow and wondering how early we can park at the TTC?

What @yulilin3 said! Also, as a heads up, you aren't even allowed to "line up" at the parking gates any earlier than ~an hour before the park opens. If you do they will send you away and tell you to wait at the Speedway down the street 🙃

Yes, I believe its the same for all 4 parks. Generally speaking in our experience, it was somewhere between 45-60 minutes ahead of the posted park opening time.
You think it´s a good idea that I walk to the park (Hollywood) from the car tolls and make the rope drope and then wait in line for the Mickey ride while my wife does the whole parking. I know it´s dumb, but the visit to Hollywood got me a little stressed with the Star Wars ride and the crowds :(

You think it´s a good idea that I walk to the park (Hollywood) from the car tolls and make the rope drope and then wait in line for the Mickey ride while my wife does the whole parking. I know it´s dumb, but the visit to Hollywood got me a little stressed with the Star Wars ride and the crowds :(
I don't believe that's permissible. There are no sidewalks and its multiple lanes of traffic. People who are taking Ubers have had to be dropped off at the Speedway across the street and use the walkway from there, so I suppose you could have your wife drop you off there to walk while she goes to park.

IMO, its not really necessary anyhow. ROTR boarding groups can now be obtained from anywhere at 7am, so that should help ease some of the 10am crowd since its not as important to be in the park prior to 10am now. Its still busy at opening because that's the best time to ride MMRR and Slinky Dog, but ROTR is no longer a factor at least. They open the temperature check and gates around the same time the lot opens, so the line outside tends to move quickly. We took the Skyliner twice, arriving around 9:30, and were in the park within 10 minutes.

Hollywood it´s the same?
here are the current time frames:
MK and AK toll booth opens about 45 min prior to park opening (they let you line up about an hour prior to park opening)
Epcot toll booth opens about 45-30 min prior to park opening (they let you line up about 50 min prior to park opening)
DHS toll booth opens an hour before park opening (they let you line up about 75 min prior to park opening)

like @nkereina is not allowed to leave your car at the toll booth, if you are one of the first ones to park the MMRR queue should be less than 45 minutes

With the ROTR boarding group process change, it probably won't be as crowded at rope drop since folks don't have to tap in before 10am. And to reiterate what others have already said- please stay in your car at the toll booth area. If you did get out, you're dealing with multiple lanes of traffic; you'd have to cross woods and a ditch that could be filled with water and gosh knows what else; and crossing at points where drivers are not expecting pedestrians. Plus, at the booth, you're probably still around a half-mile from the entrance- you're just not saving much time with walking.

How does it work if you have tickets and an AP voucher? Does the system ask which you want to book under? I don't plan to activate my AP this year and the terms say you have to use the ticket you booked the reservation with... I don't have my tickets yet so I can't test this myself. Thanks!

Park reservations don't link to specific tickets, despite what they say on the website. We had park hoppers from March and tickets from our package in MDE, which did cause a mess our first day (it used the park hopper instead of the package tickets, which we had to have fixed), but not with park reservations.

Park reservations don't link to specific tickets, despite what they say on the website. We had park hoppers from March and tickets from our package in MDE, which did cause a mess our first day (it used the park hopper instead of the package tickets, which we had to have fixed), but not with park reservations.

This is what I was hoping to hear, thank you!

To prevent a mixup, could you just have a second MDE account to have the other tickets under?

To prevent a mixup, could you just have a second MDE account to have the other tickets under?

We just needed guest services to prioritize the correct ticket and then we had no issues. If we had done it before entering the park (which I had even thought I should do before the trip and forgot until we got into MK) it wouldn't have been a mess. They really should let you prioritize your own tickets in MDE.

I don't want to deal with having multiple MDE accounts. I have a hard enough time remembering my login info for the one.

Also isn’t it safer to be dropped at the Swolphin or Boardwalk and walk on the walkway along the lake anyway?

Also isn’t it safer to be dropped at the Swolphin or Boardwalk and walk on the walkway along the lake anyway?
I think they can leave me at Speedway and walk from there, I plan to do this early mainly for the Mickey ride, I´m going to try to get a boarding pass from the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter