WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I want Disney to make the call for me. Rationally I know we should be cancelling. Emotionally it hurts knowing we *could* go and be fine. We had such a perfect trip lined up its really hard to voluntarily let it go, money aside.
Well also, if WDW makes the decision it's likely in our favor for cancellation policies. Especially DVC points.

You and I frequent the same threads often. You may have seen how happy I was about all the FP+ I got because of hour changes and MMRR opening. It was going to be a dream day at HS. I really hope that if Disney closes they will apply anytime FP+ to my account and I can have that dream trip another day soon because I only got that dream vacation at 60+1 due to all the crazy shifts so I know I can't get those times again outside of 60+3 etc.

Same here. So many late changes and we rolled with every one of them. Our FP’s are perfect, just tweaked them this morning.

I've had a rough month and my end of April trip for 2 weeks at Polynesian was my one thing getting me through it. This is unbelievable. Feels like we're living in a movie right now. I'll hold off cancelling until I'm forced to.

For me whether I'm at home or in WDW, I have just as much risk so I still fully intend to go. But if the worst case does indeed happen, so be it? Hopefully come end of April there will be some relief. If not, then we can work with other dates. Just can't imagine the task at hand to close parks and deal with all the reservations from resorts, dining, events, etc. Wow. What a year this has been so far. Depressing. Unfathomable.

I hear you, believe me. This was going to be the trip of a lifetime for us. Work has been so horrendous and stressful the past couple of months even before all this started exploding. Thoughts of having fun at “home” are how I cope. Now I don’t have that.

My TA requires final payment 30 days out, on 4/2. I was holding off until my tax refund anyway but I am hoping that the silver lining to the parks being closed would mean that refunds and accommodations for various circumstances would be easier to come by. We booked our flights on points. Hopefully JetBlue will be reasonable.

Not to get too OT but please keep those of us in civil service in your thoughts along with health care workers and first responders.

I want Disney to make the call for me. Rationally I know we should be cancelling. Emotionally it hurts knowing we *could* go and be fine. We had such a perfect trip lined up its really hard to voluntarily let it go, money aside.
We were going to finally get to do real time ROTR!! Ugh. I’m with you. It will be easier for me to accept the disappointment if Disney makes the decision for me.

We were going to finally get to do real time ROTR!! Ugh. I’m with you. It will be easier for me to accept the disappointment if Disney makes the decision for me.

Right!! I feel like once this is official I need to post a goodbye message in there 😂

We are due to go down on March 29. We are using dvc points and if we lose them now, it will be nearly impossible to reschedule as there is already limited availability. We also have the perfect trip planned so we're keeping our fingers crossed!

Dining reservations need to be manually cancelled (unless your TA does it for you).

FPs are supposed to eventually be cancelled once the system rolls over enough to recognize you don't have a trip planned. If you have a package, they'll definitely go away (because FPs need tickets to exist). With a room only and separate ticketed stay, they 'should' go away but may not.

After Hours tickets are non-refundable. You should call Disney to discuss your options. Traditionally they have been flexible - outcomes are often exchanging them for another night or getting the refund on a Disney gift card (I am not sure if they are being more accommodating currently).

Not sure about the Rhino tour - check your e-mail confirmation.

Thanks for the information!

Right!! I feel like once this is official I need to post a goodbye message in there 😂
lol seriously. I went from stalking that thread to stalking this one! I see all of our ROTR peeps here anyway. I can’t even bring myself to read that thread. I couldn’t even finish listening to this weeks Disunplugged episode. Made my heart hurt listening to them talk about MMRR. 🥺

I hope those of you that, like me, are facing this decision point, can get another trip planned. I know I’ll be back.

lol seriously. I went from stalking that thread to stalking this one! I see all of our ROTR peeps here anyway. I can’t even bring myself to read that thread. I couldn’t even finish listening to this weeks Disunplugged episode. Made my heart hurt listening to them talk about MMRR. 🥺

I hope those of you that, like me, are facing this decision point, can get another trip planned. I know I’ll be back.

I distanced myself from that one a few weeks ago because I saw the writing on the wall 😭.

All my social media feeds are full of Disney, it is so so hard to avoid!

My brother just landed in Florida for a week stay at WDW. It’s the first trip he’s planned himself and he took his girlfriend for her first visit. I’m hoping they don’t close the parks on him! I’m debating between suggesting he go to a park today after arrival just so they’re able to experience a little bit of it or just leaving him be. I know he’ll be stressed out either way.

Obviously, we are just as concerned as most about traveling and our Disney vacation. We are planning on visiting April 4-12. We have tickets (that are not Flexible Date). I am going to be able to use them on other dates of what I originally selected when purchased? With everything going on, I would hope Disney would help out. TIA for any insight. Also, I have been on hold with Disney for over an hour, after finally getting through today. 😬

Supposed to leave tomorrow. I'm now afraid we'll get to Florida and then find out the news of any closures.

That’s my fear as well. If they’re going to close, just do it. If they aren’t, say so! I feel like I have a weight hanging over my head waiting for it to drop. Just say something!

I have a question on tickets.... I bought Canadian promo tickets expiring at the end of this year. If by chance we are unable to go this December, how does Disney handle expired tickets?
Disney will assign the value you paid for the tickets to a future purchase.

Im in the club of waiting for the news....We're set to leave on the 21st....Im half packed already! Perfect Fastpasses, all requested dining times, itineraries done and memorized lol, and our stress levels at a peak and ready for an awesome vacation at the BWI and the GF...and now Im SO disappointed as the rest of you, waiting for the inevitable...We will reschedule for May once the news hits(assuming we can), but damnit what a letdown...having a glass of wine way earlier than usual to take the edge off...Im with you, my friends....

We are flying out Sat, 3/14, through 3/21. We are not cancelling our trip. But if they close the parks and/or resort we will relocate to an upscale beach resort, on the gulf. Contemporary, 8 day hopper, dining plan. . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter