WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

So bummed but totally understand given the circumstances. Our stay was supposed to be 3/22 to 3/29. Not a package stay. Going to cancel hotel. Bought tickets direct through Disney. Since they made the decision to close the parks, will the money be refunded? Or do the tickets just become credit and have to be used by a specific date? Anyone know?

Cancelled our trip last night. Spent the entire night on hold waiting for airline help. Looks like we beat the tsunami of today’s closures. Grateful they took this step.

Decided to keep my vacation days this week, but probably going back on Monday to save PTO. Vacation time is so difficult to schedule/earn. Hang in there folks!

I have to drive through that area tomorrow. I am guessing the roads will start getting crazy tomorrow but then be jammed up come Sunday. I am flying down to drive my mother home to Indiana from her condo and Disney is smack in the middle of our route home. Was hoping for maybe stay a night at POR but not now. .I am not going to just hang out in the middle of the exodus. At this point I just hope we can get home since this is getting horribly worse day to day.

I would think they might work with you under these circumstances, but it might take a series of calls and long holds to get someone to make it happen. If you're a Rapid Rewards member, try to find a phone # for RR help, I have found that I've been able to get through quicker through them, and they seem like they are maybe a little more able to make decisions and exceptions.

Best of luck!

We have a trip planned for 4/10-4/18...just playing the waiting game at this point!
We have close dates-supposed to go 4/8-4/16 to WDW. Hoping Disney will close for 2weeks real quick everything simmers down and then party on Wayne

Sorry to the folks who had their trips altered. Once the hysteria started elsewhere it made sense for them to make this decision.

Concern over my late April trip has increased to slight, but still feel like it's a possibility to happen with everything basically being shut down the next two weeks+.

I have to drive through that area tomorrow. I am guessing the roads will start getting crazy tomorrow but then be jammed up come Sunday. I am flying down to drive my mother home to Indiana from her condo and Disney is smack in the middle of our route home. Was hoping for maybe stay a night at POR but not now. .I am not going to just hang out in the middle of the exodus. At this point I just hope we can get home since this is getting horribly worse day to day.
Which route did you plan to take through Orlando? Someone might be able to suggest a good detour.

Well that's that for us. Our 3/21 trip is in the toilet. Rescheduling it for the beginning of April or any of April for that matter gives me slim pickens for FPs. This sucks. Not sure what we will do at this point with work schedules and such. Couldn't be more disappointed. So much time and effort in planning this...Im so bummed.

I've been on hold with WDTC for about an hour. The announcement was made while I was on hold, so I'm hoping I'm far enough in the que that they'll actually take my call tonight! I would have called earlier, but first I was on hold with JetBlue for two hours. I'm prepared to modify if need be, but would rather cancel at this point (we were supposed to check in Tuesday). I'm really curious if we are going to get push-back on getting our $200 deposits back because the resorts are staying open. I really hope not!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter