WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Does anyone know what they do if a gift card has the max 1000.00 on it? I paid with a lot of different gcs, and then maxed them all to 1000 for next week. 😢
Im worried my refunds will bounce.

I believe they'll issue you a new gift card and send it to you physically via snail mail. At least that's how they handled it a couple of years ago when I was issued a refund and I had pitched the cards that I had paid with (learned my lesson on that one!)

Did Disney remove anyone else's FP+ from their MDE Plans page? Mine are all gone for 3/30
All of our FP+ times have been removed. We were going to be there 3/21-3/28 for Spring Break. The only thing showing now are the resort and dining reservations, BBB, Pirates League and Savi's Workshop appts. My parents booked the trip so they will be calling this weekend to change once we decide on new travel dates. Hoping for early May, but I have my doubts that this thing will blow over by then. May end up with the first week of June which is not what we want to do since by that time it is REALLY hot and the crowds have picked up significantly.

I saw that, just found it surprising that it already happened. I just figured their were much bigger fish to fry then FP+.

Only guessing... but I assume it has something to do with whatever tech they are doing on the backend with closing parks/removing tickets which would have made them go away anyway and they’re just making the statement as to the results, and likely tons of inbound calls asking about what they should do with FPs from people not well versed in the ways of MDE.

It sounds like they are trying different things over the last two days. My DW rode this AM and said they did not use cards.

Didn't she post yesterday that they had stopped this already, since people kept budging ahead to be the pilot?
Yeah, i was there last night with cards, they decided to give it another try, like a poster wrote on the sw attraction thread, this change does very little since the attraction itself is all about touching things

Little brother is at MK today, said Peter Pan was 20 minutes earlier. I’m super worried for him but I also can’t totally blame him for getting in what he can when he can when he worked really hard to plan and pay for this trip all on his own. (He’s 23, working musician in Nashville, living on his own) not sure how things are right now, haven’t heard from him or his girlfriend in a bit.

Pardon me if this has already been asked, but with APs getting extended by the number of days the parks are closed, does this also extend the renewal period?

So for example, originally, my AP was to expire on May 12th, so I would’ve had up to June 11th to renew. With the extension (16 days), my pass now expires on May 28th. Does this now mean that I can renew through June 27th?

Pardon me if this has already been asked, but with APs getting extended by the number of days the parks are closed, does this also extend the renewal period?

So for example, originally, my AP was to expire on May 12th, so I would’ve had up to June 11th to renew. With the extension (16 days), my pass now expires on May 28th. Does this now mean that I can renew through June 27th?
that's a good question . I would wait a couple of days and then call

Has anyone been able to get through to Disney today? Unfortunately according to the website wording, Disney is not automatically refunded packages with check in today or tomorrow and we have to call before our check in day to change to another date. I have been calling for six hours, three different numbers, and have yet to get anything other then a busy signal or “I’m sorry.”
I’m in the same boat. We’re suppose to arrive tomorrow through Thursday. I’ve been trying for hours and cannot get through. I sent an email so that I have a date on it that shows I’ve been trying to contact them, in case I cannot get through within the next day. I know we need patience through this time, but I do wish they would allow me to modify the reservation package online.

Little brother is at MK today, said Peter Pan was 20 minutes earlier. I’m super worried for him but I also can’t totally blame him for getting in what he can when he can when he worked really hard to plan and pay for this trip all on his own. (He’s 23, working musician in Nashville, living on his own) not sure how things are right now, haven’t heard from him or his girlfriend in a bit.
Hopefully you aren't hearing from them because they're having a great time and jamming in all the fun they can get!!

i wasn't all that upset last night about a nearly 7 hour hold, but to answer my call at 2 or 3 am, only to say they'd call me back today wasn't a great result. i'm getting more annoyed by the minute. it's 1:40pm central and still no call back. anyone who called in last night should have been way at the front of the line this morning. how many hundreds of calls are they taking while pushing me back further in line. frustrating. but, what can you do? i still need to call southwest and signature services too, but wanted to make sure of my cancellation/reschedule first. trip was supposed to start tomorrow.

I'm in the "My vacation got -canned" club. Our dates were 3/21-26 and I've already cried and expressed my depression over my lost trip on this thread and my heart goes to everyone else here just as disappointed. The Disney site thankfully made cancelling pretty painless for me by providing the "CANCEL" prompt and it looks like all of our $$ is being refunded for both hotel reservations/tickets with no issue. I was in our office lunchroom telling a co-worker about this nightmare and he says "Just go next month, whats the big deal?" I said "I don't have time to explain fastpasses and a 60 day window to you!!" UGH, I think that bothers me the most! My FPs were BEAUTIFUL!! I finally got the elusive FoP!!! Not to mention MFSR and they were all perfectly tuned to my itinerary. This was also our only opportunity to go this year so looks like I'm starting my 2021 Spring trip planning now. Stay safe everyone and hope you all get back to our happy place soon!!

Yes, I called them last night and got a refund for opening night 3/20.

We are local residents. Did you ask if the performances are being cancelled or are they refunding to those cancelling their trips due to park closure?

Laura

FYI, @Lynne M over on the Resorts Board has set up a new thread for WDW resort related questions/discussion as it relates to Coronavirus rescheduling: ***Post your questions and experiences with Coronavirus-related canceling/rescheduling of resort reservations here***

There is always inevitable cross-over discussion in these situations since for many a WDW trip involves intertwined elements of both the resorts and parks. @Lynne M and the pros on the Resorts board can help with resort-specific planning/cancellation issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter