WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

That'll put us at May 10 or 11th.
We fly in early on the 10th for 9 days, so if that comes to pass it would be weird but ok. But then again we are also booking a back up room for the fall just in case because i would definitely cancel May if they opened on say the 15th and most of my days are gone, its all or nothing.

I’m about to cancel our April plans, this isnt looking good with the cdc recommendations.

guess I’m going to grab something in July, assuming our passes are extended by 30/45 days. I wish they would let AP have a little more flexibility, pushing it back the number of days probably won’t work for many, whose passes are close to expiring.

We rescheduled our April 2nd trip. Broke my heart. All the work - we had the best dining reservations, fast pass selection, and were able to book poly and beach club! But the stress of the unknown was killing the excitement of our family trip. We are healthy and blessed that we get to take a family trip. So, I am counting my blessings instead of crying (which I literally was yesterday) over the trip. I will say I rented through a dvc rental company and they were wonderful with me. I’d like to do a shout out but not sure about name dropping which company.

I am so sorry to all of those whose trips have been canceled. I know that for many, Disney is a trip-of-a-lifetime deal, and this is just heart wrenching.

Last edited:
When all is said and done disney will have lost billions most likely. Just like after 9/11 cuts will be made. This is only the beginning. I expect projects not already underway to be delayed or scrapped. More entertainment likely to be cut as well. This is not going to be a fun time for anyone.

This is all I've been thinking about, and I've been on the verge of tears for days. No, I don't have any plans that have been affected, YET.

But, when I think about the economy after all this, in general nationwide, not just specific to Disney, it's enough to make me want to crawl into bed, and wake me up in 3 or 4 years, please. But, thinking of the dollars that it is going to take to recover from this. The ticket prices, the resort prices, the food prices....to imagine how much it will have to go up from here? It's crippling to even imagine.

cnbc is reporting that the CDC has revised it's guidelines for mass gatherings of 50 or more people to be cancelled for the next 8 weeks. Includes sporting event, parades, conferences, weddings, well pretty much self explanatory if it's over 50 people in one place and they are not 6 feet apart then CDC recommends cancelling. They say it does not apply to businesses, but what business wants to be the one that got a mass group of people sick.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/16/cdc...e-for-the-next-eight-weeks-throughout-us.html
If the parks stay closed this long, my end of April trip is toast. My friend cant get the time off for any re bookings.

I’m disappointed in the policy regarding annual passes. I had planned a trip very deliberately a year in advance to coincide with spring break and my pass expiration date. Simply extending the pass for a few weeks during a time I cannot go does not make up for it. It feels like regular ticket holders are getting a much better deal than AP holders.

For locals, an extension is fine, as long as the extension accounts for black out dates if applicable. For non-locals, yeah, it could be a problem depending on the situation. But it's easier to just automatically extend passes and then help those who need something different on a case by case basis.

We were suppose to leave on March 29 for a week long stay. Obviously that won't be happening. We were there Feb 1 to Feb 7. But that trip is what makes going back so hard to consider. We have been over 50 times and never had sickness issues, or really many other issues to speak of. Last trip all was well until I got the Flu and wound up taking an ambulance ride to the hospital with 103 fever and severe dehydration. Obviously getting the Flu at a place like Disney is likely but I think what scares me more is people think because they spent so much to book their trip that they will go to the parks regardless of how sick they are. I say this because my wife and I know the exact second we were infected. Heck we even got a picture of it happening. We were sitting in the next to last seat on EE. We had done the backwards part and stopped to watch the Yeti tearing up track. When you are released from there as you gain speed the ride picture is taken. It was at that point that someone at the front of the train let go with a mouth full of "vomit", It was not a lot but vaporized in the wind. As we got off the ride I asked my wife if she got hit in the face with something and she said yes. As I looked at her jacket I could see the specs of someones lunch. We ran to the restroom and cleaned up and sanitized as best we could but the transfer of germs was complete. This was Sunday the second day of our trip, I was in the hospital by Wednesday night. We stayed in out room all day Thursday and Friday morning rented a car and drove home because we feared not being able to get on a plane. We did not go to eat anywhere, we did not go to the parks. We packed our belongings and spent the next two days driving home minimizing our contact with anyone in an attempt to not get anyone else sick.

So Disney is closing the Hotels but what if your not from the USA and already in the hotel and can not get a flight home, are they going to kick people out of the hotels and make them live on the street.

So Disney is closing the Hotels but what if your not from the USA and already in the hotel and can not get a flight home, are they going to kick people out of the hotels and make them live on the street.
How long do they need to get a flight? not trying to be mean and I know flights are getting cancelled, but Disney is closing the hotels on the 20th. Flights from overseas (except UK) were banned on the 13th - at the least people KNEW on that date they had to make other arrangements. Even if I had been coming from the UK after the 1st ban I would have cancelled or would have been prepared for the 2nd ban.

This is lengthy, but cutting/pasting from the current park update so we have a snapshot of the info right now. Nothing particularly new from a theme parks front but additional information about resort/transportation opertations.

Update on Walt Disney World Resort Operations (from WDW's Website as of 3/15/2020, 6PM). Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/travel-information/
In an abundance of caution and in the best interest of our Guests and Cast Members, we are proceeding with the closure of our theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort, beginning March 16, through the end of the month.

The Walt Disney Company will pay its Cast Members during that closure period.

Disney Resort hotels will remain open until further notice. Disney Springs will also remain open.

We will continue to stay in close contact with appropriate officials and health experts.

Below, you’ll find information on impacts to current and incoming plans. Please continue to check this page for additional updates. If needed, many reservations can be modified online via My Plans on Disneyworld.com. We appreciate your patience and consideration during this unprecedented time.

Theme Parks & Water Parks
In an abundance of caution and in the best interest of our Guests and Cast Members, we are proceeding with the closure of our theme parks and water parks, beginning March 16, through the end of the month.

Resorts
Disney Resort hotels will remain open until further notice.

Disney’s Magical Express will continue transfers to and from Orlando International Airport.

Food & beverage locations at Disney Resort hotels will remain operating as normal.

Character dining and dinner shows at Disney Resort hotel locations may have modified experiences and Characters present from March 16 through March 31.

Effective March 15, pools at all Disney Resort hotels will be open from 10:00 AM until 8:00 PM.

Effective March 16, the Electrical Water Pageant around Magic Kingdom area Disney Resort hotels will be temporarily cancelled.

The following Disney Resort hotel offerings will temporarily stop offering services effective March 16:

• Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • All Spa and Salon locations
  • Character Couture services at Salon locations

Disney Springs
Disney Springs will remain open until further notice, with merchandise, dining and other locations operating, with the following exceptions:

• Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Disney Springs, temporarily closing effective March 16 through March 31.
  • Specific locations and operating hours are subject to change.
  • Character appearances, interactions and entertainment at Disney Springs are also subject to change.

Transportation
At this time, Walt Disney World Resort transportation (including bus, monorail, boat and Disney Skyliner) continues to operate as normal.

Disney’s Magical Express will continue transfers to and from Orlando International Airport.

Beginning March 16, transportation will operate in select areas at Walt Disney World Resort during the parks closure:

• Disney buses will operate between Disney Resort hotels and the Disney Springs area.
  • Disney buses will operate between select Disney Resort hotels as needed.
  • The Magic Kingdom Resort area monorail line will operate as needed for travel between Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney's Polynesian Village Resort only.
  • Disney Minnie Van™ Service will only be available for existing reservations to and from Orlando International Airport made prior to March 16.
The following transportation offerings will be temporarily closed beginning March 16:
  • Disney Skyliner service
  • All watercraft transportation options

Other Experiences
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and miniature golf locations at Walt Disney World Resort will close beginning March 16, through the end of the month.

We will automatically cancel and refund experiences occurring near or adjacent to the theme parks, including fireworks cruises and special dining events, that will not take place during the parks closure. Most Guests with impacted reservations will be notified directly.

The following experiences will be temporarily cancelled effective March 16:

• All fireworks cruises
  • Highway in the Sky Dine Around
  • Pirates & Pals Fireworks Dessert Voyage
  • Ferrytale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Cruise
  • Celebration at the Top - Savor, Sip, and Sparkle
  • Day Cruise Around the World
  • Disney Vacation Club Seven Seas Tasting Cruise
  • Grand 1 Yacht Rentals
Golf and FootGolf operations remain available on their regular schedule.

MODIFICATIONS, CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS

Tickets

Unexpired multi-day theme park tickets with unused days, or date-specific theme park tickets with a valid use period during the period March 12, 2020 through March 31, 2020 will automatically be extended to use any date through December 15, 2020. If you are unable to visit by December 15, 2020, you may apply the value of a wholly unused ticket toward the purchase of a ticket for a future date.

Florida Resident Discover Disney Tickets may be used through July 31, 2020.

Guests who have purchased tickets for Disney After Hours, Disney Villains After Hours and Disney Early Morning Magic from March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020 will be automatically refunded.

Resort Rooms and Packages
Guests who have not checked in for stays between March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020 may modify or cancel their Disney Resort room reservation or Walt Disney Travel Company package up to their original check-in date. If no action is taken and Guests have not checked in, Disney will automatically process a refund to the original form of payment within 7 days of the original check-in date. If you did not book through Disney directly, please contact your travel professional.

We will waive all Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in through June 30, 2020.

Note: Refunded amounts for Walt Disney Travel Company packages will be less cancellation fees imposed by 3rd-party suppliers, including airlines, rentals cars and 3rd-party hotels, as well as non-refundable products like travel protection plans.

Annual Passes
All active Walt Disney World Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed. Annual Passes with renewal windows ending during the closure will also receive an extension of time to renew.

For Passholders participating in the Annual Pass Monthly Payment program, your monthly payments will continue as scheduled.

Over the coming weeks, Annual Pass details in My Disney Experience will be updated to reflect new pass usage information.

Pass blockout and admission calendars will not be updated during the closure period. Please visit this page for the most updated details.

Dining & Other Experiences
All pre-paid dining and experience reservations impacted by the park closure will be automatically refunded if scheduled between March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020.

Reservations made at locations impacted by the closure will not be charged a cancellation or no-show fee.

Character dining and dinner shows at Disney Resort hotel locations may have modified experiences and Characters present from March 16 through March 31.

All active Tables in Wonderland members will be extended by the number of days the parks are closed.

FastPass+
All FastPass+ reservations scheduled for March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020 when parks are closed will be automatically cancelled.

Just did a quick check of Disney's website vs last night. Mostly simple changes (eg, we will close = are closed) and the various changes needed on account of the resorts closing 3/20 and Disney Springs 3/17. Nothing notable on park operations.

As always, make sure to check Disney's website for the latest info: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/travel-information/

They provided 5 days notice so that people can make travel arrangements. There are other hotels in the area still operating as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter