WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I WANT to get excited for our 6/20-6/27 trip. It’s one of the few things to look forward to now that my graduation from nursing school and the associated events aren’t happening. But I just can‘t get excited. I want to read trip reports, and watch YouTube vids but all I do is check the DIS for COVID updates/rumors regarding the parks. :sad1:
Yes, this is exactly how I feel about our July 4th trip. Every day it feels like it’s starting to slip away a little more and then I feel guilty for being sad about it when there is so much (far worse) that I am fortunate enough to not have to be concerned with for the time being. It’s an endless cycle of worry/guilt that I know many on these boards can probably identify with.

It’s tough to see all of our carefully made plans vanish like that.

If you don’t mind, can you report back when you get your VAH refund? Just trying to keep track of when they are processing those kinds of things. Thanks!
It's not for VAH, but we had a paid reservation for Epcot Forever dinner at Rose N Crown, and we got that refund back to our credit card in about a week. Hope that helps!

I think a lot of people will be doing what you are doing. Going to be a busy Sept-Dec this year I think.

I just changed my May trip to middle of June trip.

We had a pre- Christmas December trip booked before all of this happened and now I'm just hoping things as semi-back to normal and the parks aren't slammed. Maybe the international market will still be restricted and that will help on crowds.

I post this with the overriding comment that sometimes the accuracy of some things on WDW's website is not the best and/or the right hand doesn't talk to the left hand.

The other day I noted that Disney had added "cancelled" next to the dates to the event pages for MK & DAK Disney After Hours and MK VIllains After Hours for all dates through the end of May. At the moment they've removed the word "cancelled" from the late April through May dates. Tickets still aren't for sale though, and if I'm not mistaken folks with late April & May tickets have reported refunds/tickets disappearing.

Not sure why they removed 'cancelled' from those dates, maybe just optics or to avoid confusion.

Our VAH for late May disappeared from our account the other day and the sales page showed cancelled. But now they mysteriously reappeared and the dates do not show cancelled anymore.

Our VAH for late May disappeared from our account the other day and the sales page showed cancelled. But now they mysteriously reappeared and the dates do not show cancelled anymore.
Same here. Our VAH tickets for 5/8 disappeared when the website listed all the AH events through the end of May as "cancelled," but now our tickets are back.

We did a room only reservation for May 12th, so we did the $200 deposit. But haven’t paid anything more for the room. However, we spent a bunch of money on park tickets because we bought those separately through Disney website, we did park hoppers. Anyone who has already cancelled their trip...do you know if you can get your money back for the park tickets? I’ve asked this multiple places online and no one has responded. We are not sure about rescheduling yet, unless we absolutely have to because of the park tickets that we bought. We would rather get the money back. Thank you.

We did a room only reservation for May 12th, so we did the $200 deposit. But haven’t paid anything more for the room. However, we spent a bunch of money on park tickets because we bought those separately through Disney website, we did park hoppers. Anyone who has already cancelled their trip...do you know if you can get your money back for the park tickets? I’ve asked this multiple places online and no one has responded. We are not sure about rescheduling yet, unless we absolutely have to because of the park tickets that we bought. We would rather get the money back. Thank you.
I also had a room only reservation for May with tickets purchased separately through Disney.
I called 2 days ago to take advantage of the free dining offer and I was given a refund for the tickets I had bought because I was going to buy a new set of tickets through my new reservation with the free dining.

Same here. Our VAH tickets for 5/8 disappeared when the website listed all the AH events through the end of May as "cancelled," but now our tickets are back.
My VAH for 5/14 disappeared on Tuesday afternoon. I called Disney yesterday and the CM said she didn’t think they were canceling yet. When she spoke to ticketing, she found out they were canceling them and were beginning to refund them. I called to see what happened and because I didn’t keep the Disney gift card I had used to pay for them.

If I read this correctly..

My pass was supposed to be up this month (apr 20something). I was doing monthly payments. Basically I'll get a refund on my last months payment, then when it reopens, I'll be paying that month that I just got a refund on?
I think? Its sort of confusing wording in some of this. Hopefully it becomes more clear soon.

That AP refund is a much appreciated option for those of us who had them for a relatively low number of already planned trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter