WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Yea, we have a room only July 23, but my mom didn't get her theme park ticket yet because we didn't know if it was going to be open and didn't want to be locked into dates (i'm an AP). I hope she didn't miss her chance.

I *sincerely* doubt the water parks will open this year. I doubt the resort pools will be open, which is going to suck.

I also have Park Hoppers for 8/15-24. I guess I should cancel them. I'm sure we'll all be getting some emails in the coming weeks describing everything.
Can I ask why you think that? Considering all other parks plan to open their water parks and hotel pools most everywhere else in Orlando is open; I'm wondering what makes Disney's chlorinated water different?

Disney is going to have to extend APs for the length of time until things are “back to normal” In my opinion.

While of course things could be different here, in Shainghai they are continuing to extend APs during what they formally call the "Advanced Registration Period" - I am assuming/hopeful that sets a similar precedent to what should/will occur at WDW.

While of course things could be different here, in Shainghai they are continuing to extend APs during what they formally call the "Advanced Registration Period" - I am assuming/hopeful that sets a similar precedent to what should/will occur over here.
that would be wonderful! unless we can't use them, until they set a firm date once that period ends.

I wonder if thats temporary.... We are due to make our dining reservations in 4 days...
Wondering if they may lock down the in-park dining reservations for people who are able to reserve that park for a day, and they are shutting everything down now to prepare for that. Or could just be they are implementing changes the number of tables that can be booked to account for capacity limits. Either way, once they have settled on whatever the new system is, I'm sure dining reservations will come back online in some form.

Well, dining reservations appear to be cut off. Rats--was hoping I could pick up some nice ones today after people cancel over the reduced experiences.
Oh wow, thanks. I didn't think to check, I had a few I wanted to try too for August. Just opened MDE and I'm currently looking at the Millenium Falcon flying with the wait message.

I'd also been trying to mod an ADR Story Book with Snow White for months and was actually able to get the time I wanted this morning! Glad I checked.

I am currently an unhappy Disney lover.

First trip cancelled- Easter long weekend.

Rebooked with the "sorry we are closed here's some free dining"- July 1-3. Nope.

Dreams TA tried to rebook me (before the system completely shut down- no free dining- sorry that doesn't apply anymore.) What the heck Disney?

Now my AP is gone and I have no idea how they are going to remedy it. Was to expire on April 13th. Based on what they said I have at least 28 days to use but they are useless if I can't get a pre park reservation. Can't get FP either.

I'm so over this- if it wasn't for my DD I would scrap the whole thing.

Oh wow, thanks. I didn't think to check, I had a few I wanted to try too for August. Just opened MDE and I'm currently looking at the Millenium Falcon flying with the wait message.

I'd also been trying to mod an ADR Story Book with Snow White for months and was actually able to get the time I wanted this morning! Glad I checked.
Lol, yeah, I got falcon for about 20 minutes before it let me in and was pretty bummed to see everything unavailable (I even tested dates in other months even though our trip is in August, just to see if it was date-limited) on every day tried, except Wine Bar George, weirdly, which I assume is just a glitch since it is not like that is the only 3rd party restaurant in Disney Springs.

I have a room reservation for Oct 21-26 but no tickets because I did not want to have separate tickets in case of free dining and also had tickets I wasn't sure (now know) I would be able to use this summer. I really hope I am not screwed since I did not have tickets yet. I can not simply just cancel because I have flights already set and paid for.

If we had booked Pop Cent. and the 4 day special one park per day via UT and MNSSHP for Labor Day, early in the yr., does that mean that we're safe to keep our reservations if we choose to or still not out of the woods since they might have more than what they want in the parks and start cutting guests?

If we had booked Pop Cent. and the 4 day special one park per day via UT and MNSSHP for Labor Day, early in the yr., does that mean that we're safe to keep our reservations if we choose to or still not out of the woods since they might have more than what they want in the parks and start cutting guests?
You will need to make a separate reservation for park entry, but guests with tickets (like you) will be given priority. Details to come.

I think existing reservations/linked tickets should be ok.

FYI, new splash page disclaimer/update text on Disney's website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/

Walt Disney World Resort Temporary Closures and Important InformationWalt Disney World Resort Temporary Closures and Important Information
• Pending approval from government officials, the phased reopening plans we submitted calls for Walt Disney World theme parks and Disney Resort hotels to open beginning July 11 for Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom followed by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15.

• Additionally, Disney Vacation Club properties at Walt Disney World and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen to Members and Guests on June 22. Disney Vacation Club properties in Vero Beach, Florida, and Hilton Head, South Carolina, will open on June 15. Disney Springs has begun a phased reopening. Upon reopening, theme parks, Disney Resort Hotels, restaurants and other offerings may be modified, limited in capacity and subject to availability or closure. Learn more.

• We have taken enhanced health and safety measures. Follow all posted instructions while visiting Walt Disney World Resort. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. View important details.
Thanks for this. I went for a hair cut and lunch...first hair cut since Jan. and I'm lost now .

I'm worried about the temperature scans. I don't want to spend so much money for travel and staying on property just to be turned away at the gates. I run hot on a normal basis, but I also am prone to sunburn. If they do temperature scans, that only takes the surface temp, and sunburned skin is generally hotter than normal skin. Does anyone have experience with these temperature scans like from Disney Springs or Universal?

It's a valid concern, wondering whether people taking temps actually know what to do with the information, but I would think they'd have a plan in place. My guess would be if someone scans above 99 degrees F skin temp, they'd pull them aside and then check a core temperature by ear which would be more accurate. And, of course, unaffected by sunburn.

We use these scans at work and they honestly always seem to run our temperature a bit cold. I mean, I have come in before just over 95 degrees which should have problems of its own. I have also heard the same thing from a couple of people working in hospitals.
You could take your temp before you go and see how it goes and maybe take an ibuprofen LOL

I managed to switch my July 12-17 reservation to August 9-14 before they cut off the ability to modify. I didn’t want to take a chance with being there the first week. I’m anxious to hear about hopping since that was our plan this trip. I had anticipated needing to move to August and made some ADRs yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter