WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I’m a bit overwhelmed with all this info. We have a November trip in the works but haven’t fully decided if it will be to WDW or DLR. We only have onsite hotels booked at each right now (no tickets). Is my chance to get into the reservation system already gone?

I’m a bit overwhelmed with all this info. We have a November trip in the works but haven’t fully decided if it will be to WDW or DLR. We only have onsite hotels booked at each right now (no tickets). Is my chance to get into the reservation system already gone?

November is a long time from now. With any good fortune, we will be beyond an advanced reservation period by that point and back to a more normalized situation. Best bet is to sit tight/monitor for now, in my opinion.

The email I just got explains the free dining recovery in more detail. So it seems that instead of free dining I get 35% off of the resort reservation. I'm an annual passholder. Would be nice to get the minimum 2 day ticket I had to buy. Yes, I know I can apply it to my renewal, but I am just sick of Disney holding onto my money. I can think of a few stocks I would rather stick it into right now.

An Important Walt Disney World Update

As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. And we’re here to help you as we introduce new measures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits.

To manage attendance and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we will be changing and suspending some Theme Park and Disney Resort hotel experiences, including the temporary suspension of Extra Magic Hours.

In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system. You will receive access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests.

Unfortunately, these new measures have also required us to cancel any dining reservations, experience reservations and FastPass+ selections you may have made. You will be provided with early access to book new dining and experiences.

As a result of physical distancing, capacity in restaurants and availability of dining experiences is very limited and certain experiences such as Character dining cannot be provided. Because of this, we have also made the difficult decision to cancel and temporarily no longer offer Disney dining plans.

We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry. We will be modifying your package to remove the dining plan. As an accommodation, the price of the package will be adjusted to reflect a 35% savings on the room portion. This modified package and price will be provided in a new confirmation. You will receive a refund of the difference in the package price if you have already paid in full or a reduction in amount due if you have not yet made final payment.

There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We will be contacting you shortly with more details on reservations.

At this time, while systems update, we are temporarily suspending all modifications. However, you have the option of canceling your entire reservation at any time.

We’re putting a great deal of thought into helping you return to the magic and appreciate your patience.

For more information, please visit disneyworld.com, call 407-W-DISNEY (934-7639), or contact your travel professional or Member Services.

Select third party operated restaurants and certain other experiences may not be cancelled.

Revised to bold and underline the section I'm referring to.​

My tickets are still showing 12/15/20 for the expiration. Does anyone know if all the tickets affected by the shutdown will be extended to 9/21? I

I have some that updated and some that have not, This morning, only one was changed. Tonight there are 3 and 3 more to go.

I have some that updated and some that have not, This morning, only one was changed. Tonight there are 3 and 3 more to go.

Same here.

We have two room reservations for the same trip. The four tickets for one room now say 9/26/2021. The four tickets for the other room still say 12/15/2020.

Interesting my AP just disappeared from my mde (it expired April 28th, so was waiting for extension)
Usually you have 1 month after expiration to renew, everyone's ap have been disappearing after that month is over. Hopefully Disney extends the ticket if your expiration date was during the closure, still a wait and see but I'm assuming they'll sho it

Interesting my AP just disappeared from my mde (it expired April 28th, so was waiting for extension)
Mine as well, with same expiration date. My planning key is still there under tickets though. It was placed there when I had a July 1st trip so that I could make fastpasses.

Disney IT is so weird. We have three different room reservations - one for our October trip and two for our split stay in November. Dining reservations on the dates of my first November trip were canceled but the rest are still there - they were both at AK restaurants so maybe they are going resort by resort.

Regarding tickets, my AP still shows it’s current expiration date, which I expected since they haven’t made those adjustments yet. The expiration dates for other individual dated tickets for my travel party were extended to 9/26/21, with the exception of one four park magic ticket, which is still showing a 12/15/20 expiration date.

I’m not a super techie person but it just seems this should be easier... write an executable file to wipe ALL dining reservations at once... update the expiration dates for ALL non-AP ticket types at once... wipe ALL FP at once. Their platform must be a tangled web of bad development.

my mother got 2 emails, the dining discount one and this one about an AP Preview...

My daughters got emails on the AP preview. I did not. I usually get emails on things, so no problems there. They have active AP's, I have a voucher. So it may be that those with vouchers won't be included. Doesn't matter to us, we aren't going, but a heads up for those with vouchers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter