• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Does anyone know if I can call to rebook into next June or September? I have an existing reservation right now at ASM for September (originally booked in November last year). I have pretty much firmly decided I will not be going this year and am looking into June or September next year. I know the reservation system doesn't go past December 2020 online right now. Does anyone know if I can call? I am Canadian and don't want to waste money on an expensive long-distance call if the system is down over the phone as well.

Does anyone know if I can call to rebook into next June or September? I have an existing reservation right now at ASM for September (originally booked in November last year). I have pretty much firmly decided I will not be going this year and am looking into June or September next year. I know the reservation system doesn't go past December 2020 online right now. Does anyone know if I can call? I am Canadian and don't want to waste money on an expensive long-distance call if the system is down over the phone as well.

no one can change reservations right now unless your reservation falls with a check in from today to July 11th

no one can change reservations right now unless your reservation falls with a check in from today to July 11th

Thanks! I'll wait it out then. Has Disney given any indication as to when their new reservation system is to start rolling out? (I am assuming not, I haven't specifically seen anything here but this is over 5000 posts now so I've probably missed a lot).

Thanks! I'll wait it out then. Has Disney given any indication as to when their new reservation system is to start rolling out? (I am assuming not, I haven't specifically seen anything here but this is over 5000 posts now so I've probably missed a lot).
no. Make sure to read post 1 of this thread. We update that one with new links from Disney as they announce things

Nothing yet.😊

My reservation is at CBR checking in 3 July and out 8 July. I got an e-mail asking if I still planned on going, would be modifying or canceling. I checked the box that we are still going, because I'm holding out to see if the passholder previews pan out. I've heard that CBR will not be open. Will they contact me to offer me a different resort or do I need to call? I only have a little over a week to make a decision about this trip. TIA!

My reservation is at CBR checking in 3 July and out 8 July. I got an e-mail asking if I still planned on going, would be modifying or canceling. I checked the box that we are still going, because I'm holding out to see if the passholder previews pan out. I've heard that CBR will not be open. Will they contact me to offer me a different resort or do I need to call? I only have a little over a week to make a decision about this trip. TIA!
I called and was able to get it sorted out in 15 min I was originally for CR garden view, was moved to Poly Studio. My reservation is for July 1st

I would highly recommend calling and moving😅 there is no harm doing it now and getting it over with!

Okay y'all, I really need DW to reopen so you can go and send back trip reports. I was lucky - we were slated to go for a week in April. Before they actually cancelled the trip (but when changes became flexible), I called and moved it to December, the week before Christmas. We can live with masks in December, but wonder how the lines will work. Yes, fewer people each day, but if the CMs have to leave every 2nd or 3rd seat/row open, it is the equivalent of 2-3 times as many people. And no FPs. Whatever will I stress about 60 days in advance? Oh, that's right, ADRs.

With everything else going on, DW planning might be trivial, but it's a nice distraction.

I was on the phone and couldn’t answer but got a call just now, presumably about my early July resort stay (I have a few reservations so I can’t keep track at this point).

Poor guy, the VM was rather rambling and he sounded very nervous. I can only imagine how difficult it is to be young (I don’t know he was young, but he sounded like it) and making these calls with probably little or no direction/training.

I had an original trip booked for June 28 - July 3rd. So, I was able to call and modify my dates last week. BUT I could only make a reservation for dates through December 2020. They would not book anything in 2021. So, even if you called, you would be told that they are not booking ANYTHING in 2021 right now.

I was on the phone and couldn’t answer but got a call just now, presumably about my early July resort stay (I have a few reservations so I can’t keep track at this point).

Poor guy, the VM was rather rambling and he sounded very nervous. I can only imagine how difficult it is to be young (I don’t know he was young, but he sounded like it) and making these calls with probably little or no direction/training.
Did he say why he was calling in the message? I have an early July resort stay too so I’m curious.

Did he say why he was calling in the message? I have an early July resort stay too so I’m curious.

Yeah, he said it was about “your upcoming stay at the Disney World Resort Hotel [??] and as a guest with a reservation during the time that our parks are going to be closed, we’re just kinda reaching out to contact you to see if now is the best time for your visit or if you’re looking to potentially modify to a later date, or cancel altogether. We did send an e-mail out June 6 with information about the resort and if you do have any questions or want to talk to someone about options, modifying to a later date, please call....”

I chuckled at the way he said “calling to see if now is the best time for your visit.” I don’t know Disney, seems like it might not be the best time for YOU for my visit. :rolleyes1

Yeah, he said it was about “your upcoming stay at the Disney World Resort Hotel [??] and as a guest with a reservation during the time that our parks are going to be closed, we’re just kinda reaching out to contact you to see if now is the best time for your visit or if you’re looking to potentially modify to a later date, or cancel altogether. We did send an e-mail out June 6 with information about the resort and if you do have any questions or want to talk to someone about options, modifying to a later date, please call....”

I chuckled at the way he said “calling to see if now is the best time for your visit.” I don’t know Disney, seems like it might not be the best time for YOU for my visit. :rolleyes1
That wording though, omg

Ooof. Another slowwww day of no news. This is killing me, Disney!

I have done a couple charity call-a-thons so I feel for that guy with the awkward voicemail! So easy to muddle up mid-voicemail and have no way to undo it. Probably not his normal day job either and he got repurposed to making calls during the shutdown.

I guess since nothing else is happening, just wanted to do a shout out and thank you to the mods of this thread/board. yulilin3 and GADisneyDad14: thanks for keeping us informed and (mostly) on topic (which I define as avoiding this from becoming a virus debate while letting us vent a little when we are only semi-on-topic). I feel like my nerves would be a million times more frayed if I didn't know I could count on this thread to let us know when the "real" news happens.

So, I chatted with regular guest services tonight (instead of MS with DVC) and I wanted to chat about "tickets" - I got a fabulous lady named Jane and I wanted to know if the Gold APs that I bought for DH and I for our June trip that was cancelled and re-booked for August would count as tickets for the new park reservation system since they're not activated yet. Unfortunately she could not confirm that - it has NOT been decided if un-activated APs will count as tickets needed for the new reservation system.

UGH... :crazy2:

I then asked her if the 2 7-day park hopper tickets I have already bought for my adult boys could be reassigned to my DH and I and would those be considered "valid tickets" for the new park reservation system and she said YES - even though at this point they are dated starting Dec. 17-23 so somehow I'd need to get their initial start date changed (and DH and I only need 5 day tickets) ...so I'm still not sure how those tickets would work but she said YES.

I also asked if they knew when the new park reservation system would be open and you're not going to believe what she said....:sad2:

SHE SAID WE SHOULD HEAR SOMETHING...

SOON...

kill me now.

:faint:

And I had a CM work hard to sell me on the purchase of APs, stating in the chat that it would give me priority access to make park reservations. We let our former APs expire because we wanted to shift our time period on them, so these would be un-activated APs. I specifically asked if that would be the case for un-activated APs since we had let our old ones expire, and she replied "yes". So we continue to get completely different answers from CMs about things! Shock faces, anyone?

And I had a CM work hard to sell me on the purchase of APs, stating in the chat that it would give me priority access to make park reservations. We let our former APs expire because we wanted to shift our time period on them, so these would be un-activated APs. I specifically asked if that would be the case for un-activated APs since we had let our old ones expire, and she replied "yes". So we continue to get completely different answers from CMs about things! Shock faces, anyone?
RIGHT.

and I've been told before by DVC MS that my un-activated APs would count since they were already in my MDE and shown there - just because they haven't been activated wasn't an issue.

I guess that we will just continue to wait and see when they come out with their updates....

SOON....

:faint:

Can someone confirm that the Florida governor has indefinitely extended the ban on individuals traveling from the tri state area? If this is true, I’m officially not happy ( I would use stronger language but I’m trying to be really nice)

Can someone confirm that the Florida governor has indefinitely extended the ban on individuals traveling from the tri state area? If this is true, I’m officially not happy ( I would use stronger language but I’m trying to be really nice)
I called the hotline and they have said it doesn't have an end datr and then others have said they called and they said July 7th unless extended. Here's the thread for that discussion https://www.disboards.com/threads/ap-holders-from-ny-nj-conn.3804235/
remember no politics or discussion on circumventing rules is allowed on the DIS
furthermore Disney will not check you in if you come from these states during the EO validity

Before traveling to Florida, please make sure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Florida. Visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/ for information. Guests who are under isolation or quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter