WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

The time requirement was announced on Disney's new park reservation page under "Step 3":
Select a Time: This is the time that you can visit the park.
I saw this, does that mean you can only be in the park during certain hours of the day? I wonder if you can leave and renter. We like to swim in the afternoon and go back in the evening. Not sure that will be possible (would still do this even with the new park hours).

I have some questions (Don't we all?) about this Park Entry Reservation System.

1. You can only reserve ONE Park Entry per day. (Park Hopper and Annual Passes, tough luck.) BUT, do you think they will allow people to go into a 2nd park, later on during the day, once crowds start to fall off? Perhaps in the evening? What is everyone's opinion?

2. In the past, they would let you into a park early, if you had a Dining Reservation at a restaurant in that park, for Breakfast. What if you don't have a Park Reservation for that day for that park? Do you think they will still let you in? I am hoping they will let you into ANY PARK where you have a confirmed Dining Reservation, so long as it is within one hour of the Dining Reservation, whether it is morning or evening. What do you think?

1. You can only reserve ONE Park Entry per day. (Park Hopper and Annual Passes, tough luck.) BUT, do you think they will allow people to go into a 2nd park, later on during the day, once crowds start to fall off? Perhaps in the evening? What is everyone's opinion?

2. In the past, they would let you into a park early, if you had a Dining Reservation at a restaurant in that park, for Breakfast. What if you don't have a Park Reservation for that day for that park? Do you think they will still let you in? I am hoping they will let you into ANY PARK where you have a confirmed Dining Reservation, so long as it is within one hour of the Dining Reservation, whether it is morning or evening. What do you think?
I wish...but doesn't seem like it:( At least in the beginning. If they're only allowing one park per day, I don't see how I can choose MK for my park day...but then have an ADR for Le Cellier later that evening...I SOOOOO hope there's a loophole....

You can’t make an in-park dining reservation without a reservation for the park as well.

"When in-park dining initially becomes available, you’ll need valid park admission, a reservation for park entry and a dining reservation to dine at an in-park, table-service restaurant. Dining reservations do not guarantee admission to the park. " is what they currently say under dining.

Ugg I didn’t realize there is a time also involved. That adds another layer of I would go or not. We haven’t been in a park after 1 pm in 15 years. We go early leave and come back after dinner.

my gosh I hope this isn’t the new normal.

Hey question about kids under 3yrs

Will we need to add them to the reservation (put them in our party under step 2) like we do go dining reservations ?

OR only add ppl with tickets (or over 3 years old) like we do for fast passes?

what if you AP is set to expire before the trip ini December. Can I Still make reservations? Am I able to renew my AP in July?

I'm confused, does this mean a one month extension in addition to the closure extension? So my pass that was extended to 12/2/20 will be extended again to 1/2/21 in October?
yes

I saw this, does that mean you can only be in the park during certain hours of the day? I wonder if you can leave and renter. We like to swim in the afternoon and go back in the evening. Not sure that will be possible (would still do this even with the new park hours).
You can enter the park at a specific time but you can stay as long as you want after that, or leave and come back to the same park, from the leaked image of the system it looks like entry times run up until 2 hours after park opening. So if MK opens at 9am they have timed entrance until 11am, trying to spread the crowds in the morning

1 no park hopping will be allowed, I think that once you use your reservation to go in the system will lock that day as used
2 Dining reservations are not a guarantee to go into a park, neither is having a room booked, they made that clear on their site

Will we need to add them to the reservation (put them in our party under step 2) like we do go dining reservations ?

yes add them to MDE< they are counting how many people are in the park to control capacity

right there with you and wondering the same. There is a tab now that says park pass reservations but it just takes you to the information..
I don't have anything about park reservation as an option...I'm updated, I signed out and back in...I'm starting to panic

I’m so sorry if this was already explained, but I read through all of the information and am still unsure.

I’m wondering, can people with multiple reservations and tickets (in our case, APs) book for all of the trips we have reservations for all the way into 2021? Would the system allow us to reserve length of stay for each booking this far out?

I’m so sorry if this was already explained, but I read through all of the information and am still unsure.

I’m wondering, can people with multiple reservations and tickets (in our case, APs) book for all of the trips we have reservations for all the way into 2021? Would the system allow us to reserve length of stay for each booking this far out?
wording from the site

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/annual-passes/All Annual Passholders are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for up to 3 days at a time, or Annual Passholders staying at select Disney Resort or other select hotels with valid Theme Park admission are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for their entire Resort length of stay. All reservations are subject to availability and applicable pass blockout dates.

wording from the site

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/annual-passes/All Annual Passholders are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for up to 3 days at a time, or Annual Passholders staying at select Disney Resort or other select hotels with valid Theme Park admission are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for their entire Resort length of stay. All reservations are subject to availability and applicable pass blockout dates.
Thank you! I saw that but didn’t understand whether that meant one reservation or all of the ones booked for the year. Maybe there really is no limit.

We were told on TA training webinar today that you do not need to make a reservations for children 2 and under.

what if you AP is set to expire before the trip ini December. Can I Still make reservations? Am I able to renew my AP in July?

That's what I'm wondering, too. We have a trip scheduled in February, and as of right now our current APs are set to expire in December (will likely get pushed to January when they add the extra month that they just announced). However, that means we won't be able to renew until October (or maybe even November) if they enforce the renewal policy that you can only renew 60 days from expiration. Our other option is to take the partial refund options (our APs originally were set to expire mid-August, and we're going early August and then not again until February), and then just buy a new pass and activate it in February. Depending on what the partial refund is versus the renewal discount, that actually may end up being the better option. The extra time we would get from a new pass starting in February isn't really helpful because we have no plans to go in the time we would be "losing" by renewing (Dec 2021->early Feb 2022).

That's what I'm wondering, too. We have a trip scheduled in February, and as of right now our current APs are set to expire in December (will likely get pushed to January when they add the extra month that they just announced). However, that means we won't be able to renew until October (or maybe even November) if they enforce the renewal policy that you can only renew 60 days from expiration. Our other option is to take the partial refund options (our APs originally were set to expire mid-August, and we're going early August and then not again until February), and then just buy a new pass and activate it in February. Depending on what the partial refund is versus the renewal discount, that actually may end up being the better option. The extra time we would get from a new pass starting in February isn't really helpful because we have no plans to go in the time we would be "losing" by renewing (Dec 2021->early Feb 2022).

I'm in the exact same boat. Early December extension from closure, extra month makes it early January but I don't plan to be down there during that month at all (prime winter holiday time!) and we have May 2021 booked. I was actually going to renew my pass to cover myself because I had the button pop up for me but now it's gone since they extended it. I'm at a loss now.

I’m just now getting caught up. Perhaps this is obvious and I’m being dense, but what exactly is the reason for the park reservation system opening now for folks so far out (9/26/21)? I knew it would be around for awhile/forever, but figured there would be a smaller window out for the moment. What am I missing? Disney just ripping off the band aid and getting everyone up and running on this new setup?

Not sure which thread to post this on. I have DVC reservations for April 2021. My AP was due to expire August 17, 2020, so my 60 day renewal window opened yesterday and I was planning to renew. It looks like they extended my expiry date to December 12, 2020 sometime today before the Park Reservation announcement. Now I am being told by MDE tech support (after a two hour wait) that I can't renew my AP until October so my tickets won't cover my April 2021 stay and now I can't make Park Reservations for that stay. Currently on hold for a supervisor but not very hopeful. Any suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter