WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I was also able to do my 2021 reservations, including park pass reservations!
I was very easy - much smoother than the 2020 packages last year!

I was also surprised to see I could choose complimentary magic bands... Do you think if we put the order it now, we will be able to keep them? (I heard they were stopping free MagicBands starting 2021...)

Word of warning to anyone trying to do anything on the website right now- looks like more “magical enhancements” are happening, so things are glitchy.

The highlight for me so far today is seeing how their placeholder icons are showing all over the page. I guess you’re supposed to drink martinis at DHS and burn one out on your resort day? Epcot has a trumpet icon, MK is an electric guitar and AK is a fork and knife, presumably for snacking on the animals.

Not so fast, repeatedly were the results i’ve Received when attempting to include ticketless DS to our DVC park res in Sept since day one
You’ll always get that if someone doesn’t have a ticket. The same was true with FP. Could never make one for someone without a ticket, but you could make FP for someone with an offsite stay whose FP window was not yet open.

I have no idea if it will work or not, but since park reservations seem to be a re-use if the FP system, it’s worth checking to see if any of the loopholes carryover.

I was also surprised to see I could choose complimentary magic bands... Do you think if we put the order it now, we will be able to keep them? (I heard they were stopping free MagicBands starting 2021...)
We went ahead and placed our order for MagicBands. The order went through and got the email showing $0.00. Hoping that we got in under the wire and will get them free.

Are we sure AP holders won’t be able to get friends in?
I don't think we are *SURE* of anything at the moment - only what has been tried. And I know folks who have onsite reservations were NOT able to include anybody without an onsite reservation as of yet. So extrapolating from that - APs without onsite reservations can book Friday, but I doubt they can include a "regular" ticket-holder who doesn't have an onsite reservation. But yeah, it's worth a try.

I guess we won't know for sure til they open, but do you think the parks will end up letting people wearing gaiters in?

I know the verbiage says must be secured by ear loops or tied, but I saw people at Disney Springs with them

I guess we won't know for sure til they open, but do you think the parks will end up letting people wearing gaiters in?

I know the verbiage says must be secured by ear loops or tied, but I saw people at Disney Springs with them
I also wanted to know that. My husband wears them for work because he works outside and deals with allergies. He says they are way more comfortable than masks and just as effective.

I also wanted to know that. My husband wears them for work because he works outside and deals with allergies. He says they are way more comfortable than masks and just as effective.

they are, I wear the mission gaiter when going to universal and it's so much more tolerable than masks.

Hi all, I was gone from the thread for 10 days and missed nearly 100 pages. Hope everyone is doing well. I was able to log in this morning and book a January package as well as reserve parks for our trip. Looking forward to a second attempt at our second WDW trip.

Was able to make my August 2021 room only reservation (already had tickets) and book my 5 park reservations (with total intent to cancel if Disney’s current restrictions are still in place). Took about 20 minutes total.

We had luck on our park reservations Monday morning after fighting the system for an hour and half. We had a family suite at ASMu and we were forced to change to AoA. They would not refund our hoppers until we changed resorts and we had to pay the difference for the resort change. I'm glad it's all figured out though!

I was able to modify my reservation this morning to add a day to our nine day tickets. I was also able to change someone's park hopper to a base and add an extra day to it as well.
I'm trying to do this but I booked with a Disney travel agent. Did you call directly and add a day? I have 5 day park hoppers and made a mistake.. we will be there 6 days. Need to add a day to hopper.

I'm trying to do this but I booked with a Disney travel agent. Did you call directly and add a day? I have 5 day park hoppers and made a mistake.. we will be there 6 days. Need to add a day to hopper.
If you booked through a TA, it must go through the TA. WDW won't help with your reservation. Lots of folks really frustrated by this on the Resorts forum.

If you bought your tickets separately, you may be able to get assistance. When is your trip? The hold times to get through by phone are incredible this week, so if it isn't urgent I'd wait a bit.

If you booked through a TA, it must go through the TA. WDW won't help with your reservation. Lots of folks really frustrated by this on the Resorts forum.

If you bought your tickets separately, you may be able to get assistance. When is your trip? The hold times to get through by phone are incredible this week, so if it isn't urgent I'd wait a bit.
Thanks for your reply. I booked the whole package through a TA. I guess I'll have to ask her to do it. Eeks. Feel bad because these TA's don't get paid until trip goes through and I've already had to cancel one trip. I'll be sending her a nice gift card!

Does anyone know what the issue is with Coronado Springs? We want to change our CRS bookings for Sep 20 to Sep 21. I wanted to check out pricing, but it looks like the resort is not open for booking, even for September 21. Does that sound right? Why aren't they open for reservations for as far a date as September 21? There are a few other resorts with same issue too (Animal Kingdom Lodge, Copper creek).

Does anyone know what the issue is with Coronado Springs? We want to change our CRS bookings for Sep 20 to Sep 21. I wanted to check out pricing, but it looks like the resort is not open for booking, even for September 21. Does that sound right? Why aren't they open for reservations for as far a date as September 21? There are a few other resorts with same issue too (Animal Kingdom Lodge, Copper creek).
NBA will be there.

If the deal goes through, the players and staff will be in a “bubble” there through October.

NBA will be there.

If the deal goes through, the players and staff will be in a “bubble” there through October.
At the moment our package is for Sep 2020. That's when NBA will be there. We want to move our visit (from Australia) to Sep 2021 (hopefully by then borders will be open). And for Sep 2021 the resort seems to not be taking reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter